• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I/O vs Doctor Who

I/O. The best Doctor Who could do is have The Glory take down LEM, everyone else, they have no hope of stopping.

You'd need a way stronger verse to take them down.

Well, in best case it will be a draw.

Hmm, depends what we consider canon in Doctor Who. If we consider the Comic Books, Audio Dramas, & Novels canon, its a fair fight. If we consider the aforementioned material non-canon, it's a one-sided roflstomp, with I/O doing the stomping.

How exactly would it be a fair fight? Isn't the most powerful character in Doctor Who (The Glory) only Low 1-A?

Yeah and so. The Glory is only Tier Low 1-A...

I/O's shit tiers are at that level and it also has multiple characters which are infinitely stronger than this...

TBH The Glory should be high 1-A

From what i understand I/O's characters are infinite dimensional beings, well The Glory holds together the infinite dimensions, the desturction of The Glory would result in the destruction of I/O. Unless I/O is above infinite dimensional.

What makes you think that?

Only the weakest major character in I/O (LEM) is infinite dimensional, all the other characters surpass the infinite dimensional hyperverse in their verse.

@ DC52: I/O is infinitely above Infinite dimensions. And like I said their shit Tiers are Tier Low 1-A.

High 1-A = Infinite Dimensions*Infinity^Infinity at the very least inmost cases. So the Glory being High 1-A is actually funny.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Counting Omnis, yes. Not counting them, there are a scarce few verses who could do the job.

It is very controversial, if we believe in A6colute's interpretations.

@DarkLK

A6colute's interpretations of what? The higher dimensional structure?

Is this regarding the whole "a verse with a single High 1-A is equally as powerful as a verse with many High 1-As" discussion?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
A6colute's interpretations of what?
Of Power of top I/O tiers.

Such garbage as "many high 1-A" is not entirely clear to me. High 1-A is basically the same as the Tier 0. Being that limited only by boundlessness. Multiple high 1-A can be only if they are an integral and important part of such "limited only by boundlessness" thing (just like single Marvel Universe has a pantheon of cosmic abstractions). Although my standards may be different from the standards of this wiki.

The way I understand it, many verses that have multiple High 1-A entities have said entities as integral and equal parts of the truly boundless Tier 0 being. That, or some verses just don't care.

If we have thing like "part of tier 0", then it will be still tier 0 (otherwise, we have great doubt that this is really tier 0) or indefinite level (some limited avatars or so). This does not guarantee high 1-A. Because if we remove the level 0 from topic, these characters either go with it (if they are realy "integral and equal parts") or stay with the forces that they have received from this tier 0 being. This is not necessarily high 1-A, it can be any tier.

High 1-A = something that is limited only by limitless tier 0. But if we have several "high 1-A", they limit each other. Thus it is possible, they are not high 1A. The only option in this case is if this "limited only by limitless" thing has several aspects at once. For example, in DMB there is the eternal struggle of the Gods. Until Azathoth asleep this war will not end, but all the characters are different parts of one spectacle. This spectacle is everything including all stories, dimensions, transcendent realms, nonexistence, unpossibilities, oblivion, outer void and chaos. This spectacle is such "limited only by limitless" thing.

That's sort of what it's like in the original mythos, considering that's what Demonbane is based off of, and all. Everything that isn't Azathoth, regardless of how much power it possesses and how truly limitless it seems, is just a part of his truly boundless dreaming mind. He's "The Blind Idiot God" not because he's actually mindless, but because it's essentially what a dream would see when looking upon the slumbering dreamer.

I know. I am saying that there cannot be several Yog-Sothoths and each of them is All in One. At best, we may have a few different around high 1-A archetypes which also cover the whole of creation to some degree.

Indeed. That's where things can get immensely confusing. Yog is the All-In-One, and Through the Gates of the Silver Key made it clear that Yog is not only the Supreme Archetype, but also Randolph Carter's archetype. The individual known as Randolph Carter is simply an unfathomably small fragment of said archetype viewed from one of the infinite angles at which one can perceive all that is in dimensional space. That still leaves us with the question of the Darkness and the Mist however, as both of them "precede" Yog when looking at things from our human perspective of causality. It is more than likely that just as Carter and everything else are fragmented aspects of Yog, the Mist and the Darkness are not actually different from Yog, as all three are simply different ways of viewing the same minuscule portion of Azathoth. This of course begins to tumble into questions of individuality and perception which become difficult to discuss on a character power indexing wiki while attempting to maintain topic.

I might as well be saying gobbldygook and it would have the same merit.

//end long tangent

In short, yeah, determining anything beyond the scale of 1-A is mind-numbingly intense.

Personally, I saw Yog, Mist and Darkness like some different states/parts of the same Creation.

Yog = Structured state

Mist = Unstructured state

Darkness = Nonexistence state

It's just my assumption.

That's actually a very interesting view, and one which likely isn't too far off when you consider how much Lovecraft adored the entire "one facet of a true archetype" thing.

Back