• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If infinite strength is considered a no limit fallacy, then why isn't infinite speed?

I've been wondering how come people are willing to suggest that actual inifinite speed is perfectly acceptable as a stat but if a character has infinite strength, then it goes against the idea that there's no such thing as infinite.

Genuinely infinite 3-D strength is usually counted as High 3-A. It must be well validated though.

Antvasima said:
Genuinely infinite 3-D strength is usually counted as High 3-A. It must be well validated though.
Oh, ok. And what would count as well validated infinite strength, speed, endurance?

Well, the Hulk's feat of causing an earthquake across an infinite number of planets would have been a valid High 3-A feat, if it had not been a massive outlier.

Antvasima said:
Well, the Hulk's feat of causing an earthquake across an infinite number of planets would have been a valid High 3-A feat, if it had not been a massive outlier.
Is there such thing as infinite planets?

No. He only affected 3-Dimensional objects on an infinite number of planets.

Antvasima said:
No. He only affected 3-Dimensional objects on an infinite number of planets.
If the infinite number of planets is spread out across a multiverse then the person who could destroy all these infinite planets should naturally be a Multiverse level being or am I missing something?

LoudCloud said:
How exactly?
A character who can move where spacetime doesn't exist, or move outside the flow of time has infinite speed. There are certain conditions/requirement that need to be met for infinite speed. Infinite strength can't be proven like that

Just a quick question, what gives Seiya infinite strength? Not doubting, but you said that it couldn't be proven. How could people like Seiya, MegaMan.EXE or John Egbert have High 3-A stats?

If you can destroy the real universe you have High 3A. But I wouldn't call it infinite strength. You can ask Matthew, he's our Seiya expert here.

Faisal Shourov said:
If you can destroy the real universe you have High 3A. But I wouldn't call it infinite strength. You can ask Matthew, he's our Seiya expert here.
I you have enough strenght to destroy anything on a 3d plane, then wouldn't that be infinite strength?

The real cal howard said:
Just a quick question, what gives Seiya infinite strength? Not doubting, but you said that it couldn't be proven. How could people like Seiya, MegaMan.EXE or John Egbert have High 3-A stats?
For all three of them (at least John and Seiya. Don't remember .EXE), it's because they dealt damage to tier 2 enemies, albeit only a bit.

There is no criteria given for infinite strength and it's method of measurement if completely different from speed, I don't see why the two are being compared. Infinite speed = distance move / 0 unit time. For infinite strength you need to have infinite joule of striking strength. How do you prove that? Almost all universe level feats are done with hax, shaking dimension or punching dimension are also hax, not infinite strength.

Is infinite strength only attainable by the beyond dimensional beings? I mean pure physical strength, where they can just poke all of existence? So, you're talking about infinite, immeasurable joules that isn't conveniently atttainable outside of these beings?

Faisal Shourov said:
There is no criteria given for infinite strength and it's method of measurement if completely different from speed, I don't see why the two are being compared. Infinite speed = distance move / 0 unit time. For infinite strength you need to have infinite joule of striking strength. How do you prove that? Almost all universe level feats are done with hax, shaking dimension or punching dimension are also hax, not infinite strength.
Even if using hax it's still infinite strength. Hax can be reality-warping for example, and if they use that to gain infinite physical strength, it would still count.

There is infinite strength, but it's not something that's conveniently attainable by training or standard training or any other means, you know. That means, nobody but few of the very highest of the highest echelons have truly infinite strength.

FTW395: He was within a nexus of realities, that spread out the force of his punches to supposedly cause earthquakes across an infinite number of planets. That is infinite 3-D power, which means High 3-A according to our system. Multiverse level+/2-A means being able to create or destroy up to an infinite number of 4-Dimensional universal continuums. I.e. either infinite 4-D power, or extremely tiny 5-D power.

The real cal howard said:
Megaman.EXE High 3-A/Low 2-C ranking comes from recreating the Network (its been awhile so I forgot its exact name), which is either a small to full sized 4-D Universe.

Back