• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Igniting the flames of chaos! Naruto Vs. Superman!

┬┐Cómo puede Naruto aumentar su AP? sorry

Using Kurama mode, Rasenshurikens, Biju damas, Asura mode etc...

I was going to question how this fight could take place on the moon, but then I saw that Naruto has the ability to breath in space listed on his profile with no justification, can somebody explain why he has it?

Purgy said:
I was going to question how this fight could take place on the moon, but then I saw that Naruto has the ability to breath in space listed on his profile with no justification, can somebody explain why he has it?
Did you watch The last Naruto the Movie? He literally fights on the moon's surface lol.

Purgy said:
I thought the Moon had a breathable atmosphere?
Nope. That was never stated as far as I know. Plus Naruto flew into space at the end to grab Toneri anyway, so he can breathe in space for sure.

ZephyrosOmega said:
IIRC he also fell to earth from the moon and survived
I don't remember this. I remember Toneri hitting him with an attack, him falling towards the Earth but still close to the Moon, and the next scene showing him unconscious being treated by Sakura who is inside the Moon.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Purgy said:
I thought the Moon had a breathable atmosphere?
Nope. That was never stated as far as I know. Plus Naruto flew into space at the end to grab Toneri anyway, so he can breathe in space for sure.
Toneri wasn't even that far from the moon when Naruto grabbed him and that doesn't prove he can breath in space. Was there a thread made discussing it with reasons for why it should be added?

Purgy said:
Naruto literally jumps into space when Toneri leaves the moon atmosphere. He saved Toneri and even spoke in outer space

Dude you don't need a thread for such an obvious thing lol. They were fighting on the moon's surface. The moon In Naruto is just a big Chibaku Tensei with parts of it hollowed out. No atmosphere. If it did have an atmosphere we'd give Hamura Otsutsuki and Hagoromo Matter Manipulation for creating an atmosphere, but that's not the case.

I'll make a thread discussing it since you said one hasn't been made and there are multiple pieces of evidence proving that the surface of the moon has oxygen and that Naruto didn't breath in space.

Purgy said:
I'll make a thread discussing it since you said one hasn't been made and there are multiple pieces of evidence proving that the surface of the moon has oxygen and that Naruto didn't breath in space.
Well go ahead and do so. I'm curious to see what others think of this, but if you're right then it'll mean Hags and Hamura will get a Matter Manipulation buff for creating an atmosphere lol so I don't mind at all.

Purgy said:

Dude did I not read what I said?? He doesn't get the ability from being on the moon. Everyone knows the moon had oxygen. If you make a crt for this everyone will literally tell you the same thing because in the first place I just said above he got it from leave the atmosphere ƒÿÉ

AstralKing7 said:
Purgy said:
Dude did I not read what I said?? He doesn't get the ability from being on the moon. Everyone knows the moon had oxygen. If you make a crt for this everyone will literally tell you the same thing because in the first place I just said above he got it from leave the atmosphere ƒÿÉ
Yes I read what you said, but two people said there isn't a breathable atmosphere. If it's accepted that there is (which there is), then Naruto needs it removed from his profile unless you can prove he had left the atmosphere and breathed there.

Don't see why this matters ninja are confirmed in novels to be capable of breathing in space with the use of chakra.

Rocker1189 said:
Don't see why this matters ninja are confirmed in novels to be capable of breathing in space with the use of chakra.
There you go. Now imagine if somebody had actually referenced that on his page, I wouldn't have even brought this up. Wait, isn't that contradictory of the Manga? Bee was drowning and running out of oxygen* in Kisame's water dome right? Can I see a source from the Novel?

Drowning is different from suffocating in a vaccum and there isn't a breathable atmosphere on the outside of the Moon or else they wouldn't have needed (or wanted) to terraform the inside of the Moon

NotCensored said:
Drowning is different from suffocating in a vaccum and there isn't a breathable atmosphere on the outside of the Moon or else they wouldn't have needed (or wanted) to terraform the inside of the Moo
Yes, drowning is where your lungs get filled with water and suffocating in a vaccum is much more gruesome, but the point remains, Bee was still losing oxygen underwater which wouldn't occur if he could breath with the use of Chakra. Wasn't there a giant hole in the moon? There's no reason the oxygen couldn't permeate through that giant hole.

@purgy

Drowning is about more than just oxygen, inhaling water is bad for your health, space is just the lack of atmosphere. Its the new retsuden novels if I could find the specific place I would but summary is. Naruto can't use his chakra due to an illness but he needs to fly a ridiculous distance above the planet's surface meaning there is no oxygen. Sasuke and Sakura are fine due to having chakra but Naruto needs some special equipment for Sakura to provide chakra to him.

If he could breathe with chakra underwater he would still need something to stop water coming in. Regardless he simply does not know the techniques. Not every ninja knows how to do this. In fact only sasuke, Sakura and Naruto should. oh and the otsutsuki.

When was it confirmed that the moon's surface had an atmosphere? And if so who created it? Hamura?

Rocker1189 said:
@purgy
Drowning is about more than just oxygen, inhaling water is bad for your health, space is just the lack of atmosphere. Its the new retsuden novels if I could find the specific place I would but summary is. Naruto can't use his chakra due to an illness but he needs to fly a ridiculous distance above the planet's surface meaning there is no oxygen. Sasuke and Sakura are fine due to having chakra but Naruto needs some special equipment for Sakura to provide chakra to him.
Why would he need to inhale? You said they can breath by using Chakra, Bee wouldn't need to inhale? I found the novel segment, I'm pretty sure the Chakra pathway is connected with the respiratory system and every other organ so his Chakra network being closed off would obviously mean he'd need an oxygen supplier, this doesn't prove they can breath with Chakra. The opposite is actually implied from the translation I'm reading, since it says "They should be able to survive at 200KM altitude", "They" referring to both Naruto and Sasuke, Sasuke is fine and his Chakra pathway isn't injured so this implies to me that he ordinarily wouldn't be able to without Sakura's medical thingy.

Also, the only reason they're able to accomplish such a feat is because Sakura is using a machine that converts Chakra into Oxygen, there's no evidence Naruto/Sasuke are able to do this without the machine as far as I can see.

@Purgy

I'm sure you know this, but surviving in space isn't just about Oxygen. There's the issue of the pressure, the cold, and the insane amounts of radiation to worry about as well. Oxygen is merely one aspect of why the vacuum of space is uninhabitable.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
@Purgy
I'm sure you know this, but surviving in space isn't just about Oxygen. There's the issue of the pressure, the cold, and the insane amounts of radiation to worry about as well. Oxygen is merely one aspect of why the vacuum of space is uninhabitable.
We're discussing breathing in space here though... Also, 200 KM isn't even really that high in the sky, he'd be in the lower end of the ionosphere which obviously isn't ordinarily habitable but it's not as bad as being in the vaccum of space. Lastly, Saitama was literally fine on the Moon and yet he's unable to breath there, surviving in space doesn't mean you can necessarily breath in space.

PS. I don't have access to the entire novel so I'm not sure, but from the snippets I'm reading, Sakura says "They should be able to survive at 200KM altitude, in theory" so I'm not even sure if they actually went that high or if Sakura just thinks they'd be able to survive it with her medical machines.

Surviving in space without equipment gives Type 1 Self-sustenance I believe. So they should have that anyway, which I think they do iirc.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Surviving in space without equipment gives Type 1 Self-sustenance I believe. So they should have that anyway, which I think they do iirc.
Who breathed in space? I've already gone over why Naruto didn't. And surviving in space for a *brief period of time* giving type 1 Self-Sustenance is pretty ridiculous and completely unwarranted. The only time somebody should get type 1 is if they explicitly are shown to be capable of surviving without Oxygen. Lastly, as I already said, Naruto literally had to have a machine on him that produces Oxygen from Chakra, clearly proving he's unable to survive without Oxygen.

And again nobody provided me with evidence as to why the moon's surface has an atmosphere. Because if such evidence were to be presented, then Hamura is likely the one who created it, so that would give him a Matter Manipulation buff.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
And again nobody provided me with evidence as to why the moon's surface has an atmosphere. Because if such evidence were to be presented, then Hamura is likely the one who created it, so that would give him a Matter Manipulation buff.
I was under the impression that it did and asked and then AstralKing agreed it did and we went from there. However, as I said, didn't the moon have a giant hole in it from the surface to the center? Oxygen would be able to seep from inside and thinly cover parts of the surface. Lastly, Sai's birds are capable of flying on the surface, and even though they aren't real birds, they behave like birds and it would be impossible for them to fly without oxygen being present. I mean watch this and seriously try telling me there isn't oxygen on the surface, those birds are clearly flying using their wings, which again requires oxygen. There's also the fact that you're arguing pretty much everybody in Naruto can breath without Oxygen, which is not only contradictory but it's completely asinine to go with that conclusion over the other possibility.

312fdadw

Ninjas aren't ordinary humans, they're stronger, faster, and have the chakra pathway system. They're so biologically different they might as well be aliens lol. So judging them by the standards of regular humans is pretty silly. And Sai's birds don't mean much because they're just Chakra constructs. Now I'm not against the moon having an atmosphere, all I'm asking is definitive proof, because again it could have implications for Hamura. That's all.

Rocker1189 said:
Err winged flight does not require oxygen I only requires an atmosphere with any type of particle.
I'm not sure about that, oxygen works because there's so much of it, what "particles" would the Moon have in abundance that would allow the birds to fly in this instance?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Ninjas aren't ordinary humans, they're stronger, faster, and have the chakra pathway system. They're so biologically different they might as well be aliens lol. So judging them by the standards of regular humans is pretty silly. And Sai's birds don't mean much because they're just Chakra constructs. Now I'm not against the moon having an atmosphere, all I'm asking is definitive proof, because again it could have implications for Hamura. That's all.
Again though, if Ninja's didn't need oxygen then Bee and his friends wouldn't be drowning, if they didn't need oxygen then there would be no need to inhale and therefore no possibility of drowning. This is literally one of dozens of contradictions that would be made if we assume Ninja's in general are capable of surviving without oxygen.

Sai's birds being Chakra constructs doesn't really matter though, as I said they're using their wings to fly and almost everything in Naruto has some scientific basis regardless of how ridiculous it is, e.g Onoki making himself lighter than air to fly.

Back