• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ike Vs Olberic; Strongest Swordsman in all the land

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Fire Emblem Warriors field, Ike hears what sounds like Hector's voice, but it's apparently someone else who has the same voice actor. Both are widely considered the strongest swordsman in all the land. So the Radiant Hero challenges the Unbending Blade to a dual.

High 6-A versions used, obviously so it doesn't become a oneshot.

Base key is used, so Olberic doesn't hax stomp

Speed is equalized, so Ike doesn't speed blitz

Who wins and why?

Radiant Hero: 0

The Unbending Blade: 1 (Blahblah9755)

Draw: 1 (XDragnoir)

Ike fe radiant dawn by id zeta-d5uij3g
Olberic Eisenberg

I said in the OP that he doesn't have one equipped and is using his standard Warrior class.

Ike scales from Ashera who is half of Ashunera, who is 25.673 Petatons of TNT. As for Olberic, not known but he can harm Galdera, but needed help from 7 allies to take him out. Galdera can pretty much do the same feat as Ashunera. So it's basically someone who over powered half of Ashunera's power Vs someone who can take out Ashunera's equal, with high difficulty + 7 allies.

Ike doesn't oneshot Ashera, he has some struggle with her. Also, Olberic can still tank hits and damage Galdera, he's still be somewhat comparable Tier wise; just that Galdera is stronger overall and has a lot more endurance. We don't get endurance and durability mixed up here, so they're both High 6-A.

Too spell it out, Ike is >>> 12.8365 Petatons and Olberic is <<< 25.673 Petatons, but should be roughly even.

Ike via durability negation? But idk if he uses it IC, and aside from that they seem to be te SAME character, so i voting incon, and i don't know much about the 2 verses, only played FE Sacred Stones.

How does Aether work? Is it just game mechanics-ish "ignores the defense stat" dura negation?

Olberic seems to have more and better stat amping, between his passive amps, active amps, and boosts.

Am I right in assuming Olberic isn't getting status effect inducing weapons in this?

Aether, which is basically an attack that cuts the enemy's defense in half while also healing from the damage given, is Ike's signature attack. Olberic does have statistics amplification to help fight against. But inconclusive for you?

Olberic has Battle-Tested Blade and Battle Tested Spear; the latter can inflict blindness.

Okay, the potential for up to a 6x stat amp (at least in terms of gameplay, probably doesn't translate perfectly to AP) between boost and abide has me leaning towards Olberic. Olberic's defense amping would reduce the risk he suffers from Aither, though health absorption would cause problems. I think the chance to blind Ike with his spear has me leaning to Olberic, especially since thousand spears would hit Ike several times.

I'll vote Olberic, just barely.

Back