• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm pretty sure this has been made before but...

I know Base Charizard isn't a Dragon Type, but would he be effected by Dragon Slayer Magic, that's really a decider here

If Natsu's Dragon Slayer Magic has an advantage against Charizard, Natsu Takes it, if Natsu's magic is only Neutral, Charizard takes it

Isn't dragon slaying magic in FT only more effective because dragons don't resist it? Assuming that's correct, it shouldn't be more effective on Charizard than any other fire of that level. If that really was the deciding factor here, then Charizard gets my vote I suppose.

Zard: 1 (Vindictive).

Torch hasn't voted and I'll wait for Mitch to clarify.

Dragon Slayer Magic IS effective against Dragons, however that is a whole other convo that I'd not like to have, However in the Context of Pokemon, Charizard is not a Dragon Type, and has other means of attacking other than Fire, Natsu just has fire, and under the context of the game Charizard isn't a Dragon, so therefore, since Charizard has better versatily and is resisting Natsu's fire, I give the win to Charizard, Natsu's only advantage is his better Hand to hand and brains, but that's not going to help him against Charizard's Raw Power and Versatility

A dragon slayer magic bypasses a dragons natural resistance, it does this bypassing a dragon's scales and causing them greater damage. If this is charizard x, then natsu would be able to do greater damage to him.

"Despite the resemblance, Charizard is explicitly a Fire/Flying-type, not a Drago-type, except in its "MegaCharizard X" form; however, it can learn Drago-type attacks." -Wikipedia

"It requires the Charizardite X Mega Stone in order to Mega Evolve, which is exclusive to Pokémon X. Changing its colorscheme drastically, Mega Charizard X also changes its type to Fire/Dragon-type, allowing Charizard to finally become a Dragon-type Pokémon." -Azurilland

VindictiveLoser said:
Isn't dragon slaying magic in FT only more effective because dragons don't resist it? Assuming that's correct, it shouldn't be more effective on Charizard than any other fire of that level. If that really was the deciding factor here, then Charizard gets my vote I suppose.
I did

This is really poor

@Gar

Nothing @Vin said was incorrect. Charizard has the AP (no matter how small) and isn't limited to fire moves that the other one resists. Natsu will see a "dragon" and keep swinging with fire coated limbs.

They are, along with abilties and IQ skills from spin-off games. Pokemon have a lot more than most of their profiles make out

'Kay, just wanted to be sure.

Either way my vote goes to Charizard, Even ignoring egg moves Charizard resists Natsu's fire, Has a chance of flinching Natsu with Air Slash, ignore durability to an extent with Dragon Rage, and lower Natsu's attack, defense, speed, and accuracy. Wheras Natsu can't really do anything without his fire.

Throw egg moves into the mix and CHarizard gains ore reliable statistics amplification, attack reflection, and even more non-fire elements to hit Natsu with.

With all of this I can't imagine Natsu winning without Nakama-shenanigans.

9TailAcno said:
Charizard ap is double than natsu ap,its matchup is more like a spite matchup
No, that is just false on arrival.

Spite has nothing to do with the probability of one winning, a spite thread is one made just to add a win to a character.

Secondly, a X2 ap is negligable.

No, that is just false on arrival.

Spite has nothing to do with the probability of one winning, a spite thread is one made just to add a win to a character.

Secondly, an X2 ap is negligible.

ƒñö I think x2 ap character can one-shot him

Ok then, what if natsu jump on Charizard tail and eat that fire, which will kill chaizard(as far as i remember) concluding a battle just using ap/abilities is not always sure, since natsu is a fire eater, he probably try to eat his flame(on charizard tail)

Natsu doesn't know to eat the fire though so he won't be going for it. If the chance presents itself sure but that won't be likely. You need x5 AP to one shot, they must be a glass cannon for x2 to work.

SuperKamiNappa said:
'Kay, just wanted to be sure.

Either way my vote goes to Charizard, Even ignoring egg moves Charizard resists Natsu's fire, Has a chance of flinching Natsu with Air Slash, ignore durability to an extent with Dragon Rage, and lower Natsu's attack, defense, speed, and accuracy. Wheras Natsu can't really do anything without his fire.

Throw egg moves into the mix and Charizard gains ore reliable statistics amplification, attack reflection, and even more non-fire elements to hit Natsu with.

With all of this I can't imagine Natsu winning without Nakama-shenanigans.
You are using other Charizard ability not 6-c charizard abilites

9TailAcno said:
Ok then, what if natsu jump on Charizard tail and eat that fire, which will kill chaizard(as far as i remember) concluding a battle just using ap/abilities is not always sure, since natsu is a fire eater, he probably try to eat his flame(on charizard tail)
Charizard blasts him away before he gers close, flies away and even if natsu got there he could just dwipe his tail and slap him away

Earth attack can be melt via Natsu flame, his flame is strong enough to kill immortal in this state, there is no proof that Charizard flame is above Natsu dragon flame or Charizard can resist, while chair main attack is fire type it only will up Natsu. And even if Natsu is from he still immune to his lighting attacks.

Charizard has higher AP, dragon fire isn't relevant.

He also resists fire, this is basic pokemon stuff.

Charizard isn't limited to fire moves. Once Natsu eats one of them, he will just switch to any of his many other (equally strong) moves.

Natsu isn't using lightning without LFDM which he isn't using for this fight.

Dude, half of the stuff you say is wrong, the rest doesn't matter.

There is no proof charizards flame is stronger? What? You realize his flames are twice as strong, right?

Charizard deals with enemies that are resistant to, or can absorb, fire a lot. It sees fire attacks don't work and proceed to go for the other stuff it has.

Kill an immortal? Firslty, that is contradictory, secondly, that has nothing to do with Attack Potency

Back