• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm sorry, but your verse will have to be sold for Budget Cuts

Announcer, arriving from space, arrives in your verse. Due to it being too costly on the budget, Announcer will solo your verse and eliminate it.

Rules:

1. Speed is Equalized
  2. Announcer has prior knowledge

Announcer.png

Fire Emblem: Freyja yeets with 2-A range.

Minecraft: passive void ggnore

Terraria: passive corruption ggnore

Super Smash Bros.: Galeem can probably outrange.

The Legend of Zelda: Gets wished away.

Team Fortress: Since he has prior knowledge, I doubt Spy can pull off the sapper in time.

Henry Stickmin: Henry can still rewind even after "budget cuts" and stuff so he should be able to pull of one of his hax or something.

Henry can't do anything, as Announcer will keep thinking again and again if he respawns. Plus, I'm pretty sure Announcer outranges Galeem, the budget cuts have universal range

Yugioh: Negation go brrrrrr, zarc does things in manga and anime, dt chars breathe and give him a case of the evilswarm

Warhammer fantasy avoids yet another End Times Scenario with all low 1-C god tiers nae naeing the Announcer

Same with 40k but with 1-A god tiers in SPAAAAAAACE

Bloodborne has madness hax but not sure if that'll work, otherwise even god-tier 5-As get ******

Cthulhu Mythos, never really gets old slapping down the dreams of any character's chance of soloing a verse

But then again announcer has uni range and can rewrite laws of physics through budget cuts, im not sure if thats enough though, i haven’t watched jojo in a while

Warhammer fantasy avoids yet another End Times Scenario with all low 1-C god tiers nae naeing the Announcer

Same with 40k but with 1-A god tiers in SPAAAAAAACE

Bloodborne has madness hax but not sure if that'll work, otherwise even god-tier 5-As get ******

Cthulhu Mythos, never really gets old slapping down the dreams of any character's chance of soloing a verse
announcer is High 4-C? He could oof 5-As

Yeah but he doesn't have resistance to type 3 madness hax, so even looking at the 5-As will cause him to go insane

Yeah but he doesn't have resistance to type 3 madness hax, so even looking at the 5-As will cause him to go insane
Oop, nevermind then, wait but announcer has inorganic physiology, mind hax only works on people who have brains right? Yeah i checked he has inorganic physiology, which resists mind manip, soul Manip, and death manip

Oop, nevermind then, wait but announcer has inorganic physiology, mind hax only works on people who have brains right? Yeah i checked he has inorganic physiology, which resists mind manip, soul Manip, and death manip
No, mind hax works on anything with a metaphysical mind. Lacking a brain means he resists biological manipulation

No, mind hax works on anything with a metaphysical mind. Lacking a brain means he resists biological manipulation

1. Non-Living Beings: Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them. This type of character is typically immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and is also unaffected by many common forms of Mind Manipulation, since they neither have an organic brain to be manipulated nor have a non-physical consciousness. Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation. ”
    it says they have resistances to the common abilities that fall under mind manipulation, unless that doesn’t cover madness manip?

Announcer probably goes after Urizen first for the absurd expense of his costume and makeup and probably gets nae naed by Urizen's hax resistances and far superior AP

1. Non-Living Beings: Robots, AI or other inorganic beings, that have no consciousness beyond what the physical functions of their bodies grants them. This type of character is typically immune to Soul Manipulation due to lacking a soul and is also unaffected by many common forms of Mind Manipulation, since they neither have an organic brain to be manipulated nor have a non-physical consciousness. Since these characters usually also don't have something like life force and aren't alive in the usual sense in the first place, they are furthermore unaffected by common forms of Life Manipulation and Death Manipulation. ”
    it says they have resistances to the common abilities that fall under mind manipulation, unless that doesn’t cover madness manip?
Mind Manip is different from Type 3 Madness Manipulation. Type 3 Madness Manip isn't Mind Manip but rather just witnessing beings like this can overload a person and cause them to go insane.

Last edited:
Also, I don't understand how robots, who have sentient minds and consciounce, resist mind manipulation. Soul Manipulation makes sense I guess but not Mind Manipulation.

Would that even be mind manipulation??? I thought brain affecting hax is biological manipulation
No, mind manip comes from manipulating minds, brains, etc. anyways, with the limitations of type 3, it says that beings who are already used to seeing such extreme and incomprehensible actions can resist this, what exactly constitutes for this?

No, mind manip comes from manipulating minds, brains, etc. anyways, with the limitations of type 3, it says that beings who are already used to seeing such extreme and incomprehensible actions can resist this, what exactly constitutes for this?
Unless the Announcer has interacted with other Eldritch beings, he'd still go mad. And if he did, it should be on his profile, which it isn't.

Unless the Announcer has interacted with other Eldritch beings, he'd still go mad. And if he did, it should be on his profile, which it isn't.
So wait, how exactly does this affect robots? I mean its not like they have a “being” to drive mad. Do they just explode or something? Holup, announcer interacted with four, which when asked on stream about four’s dimensional plane(me) the creators said that four was fourth dimensional and beyond all comprehension. Four interacts with, and sees all of four, some contestants even stab them with forks.

Last edited:
So wait, how exactly does this affect robots? I mean its not like they have a “being” to drive mad. Do they just explode or something? Holup, announcer interacted with four, which when asked on stream about four’s dimensional plane(me) the creators said that four was fourth dimensional and beyond all comprehension. Four interacts with, and sees all of four, some contestants even stab them with forks.
Other robots have been driven mad before, and can simply just have their programming glitch out or whatever. Fourth dimension does not necessarily mean Eldritch. There are plenty of higher dimensional beings with no madness manipulation whatsoever, so unless the beings he's interacted with are explicitly like those in Cthulhu/Bloodborne/Dark Tower, they don't count.

Other robots have been driven mad before, and can simply just have their programming glitch out or whatever. Fourth dimension does not necessarily mean Eldritch. There are plenty of higher dimensional beings with no madness manipulation whatsoever, so unless the beings he's interacted with are explicitly like those in Cthulhu/Bloodborne/Dark Tower, they don't count.
Well that sucks, you cant win them all i guess. Anyways,

FLCL: Announcer stomps

Mob psycho: Mega stomp for announcer

NGE: resistances and massive AP advantage over all eva characters

all my fav verses get oofed by bfdi :(

but then again announcer has resurrection, so if his programming fails, he can just respawn, as long as the announcer recovery center is still there. So at best the fight could be incon until announcer realizes the threat and budget cuts them or he just dies and they destroy the recovery center, which is much more likely

"Mind Manipulation is the ability to manipulate and control the minds of others. It is associated with Telepathy and Mind Reading, and these powers are often possessed by the same characters. While basic mind manipulation can be used for psychic suggestion and simple manipulation, higher-level users of this ability can completely control others, drive them insane, plague them with illusions and hallucinations, and even rip their minds from their bodies."

Affecting Brain =/= Mind. Announcer clearly has a mind, he has a human conscience and is fully sentient.

Mega Man: Deletes everything, but cannot delete Battle Network due to the Low Multiversal range EXE has, and not to mention he has matter manipulation activated with a thought

Porkchop ‘n Flatscreen: Even worse than being hit in the balls: outright deleted

The Fairly OddParents: Due to prior knowledge, Announcer deletes all the fairy wands before finishing them off

Touhou Project: AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA no

So what did we decide on for announcers budget ability, just reality warping? Range upgrade? tier upgrade? It kinda just faded into obscurity and died.

Back