• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed characters updating second round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not remember so well. Sorry. However, I had this thread URL in my unfinished important revisions list.

The description of Immeasurable speed is pretty shitty, can we fix this?

"Movement beyond linear time"

Moving outside of time doesn't give this speed. This isn't something that needs to be clarified, we are outright saying something false.

"This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied."

T being undefined is good for this speed yet it being Not Applicable like in timeless voids isn't infinite speed, that's kinda weird. That text tells us nothing anyway.

"This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed."

Idk what's this smoking but temporal dimensions giving this speed isn't an already known fact, nor would people know what's a temporal dimension. Any fool may see a character moving in a realm called temporal dimension and think that's Immeasurable speed, and they wouldn't be wrong to think so.

The notes 6 and 7 aren't further information, they're the stuff people needs to know to get this speed, do we not add it in the description of the speed itself for an aesthetic fear that it may look bad to have too many words explaining something that it takes too many words to explain?

Unbound makes more sense, as Higher-Dimensional Beings are above the regular flow of Time but don't automatically have Immeasurable speed.

iirc guilty gear still has Immeasurable speed and the reasoning doesn't seems to fit the current standard

Shiro's the only one who knows GG atm, and he mentioned they don't have much evidence for the new standard atm. If and when I get around to going through GG as a whole I'll see if there's any immeasurable speed arguments.

What exactly is left to discuss? Haven't we gotten the revisions through for Immeasurable speed?
I thought that we need to update lots of character profile pages that still inaccurately list immeasurable speed.

“unbounded from the flow of linear time”

This is often synonymous with being beyond or outside linear time.

“unbounded from the flow of linear time”

This is often synonymous with being beyond or outside linear time.
If it was then being beyond/outside time in a non-poetic way would mean being unbounded from the flow of linear time, which is not the case. Any character being outside time is either outside their universe or in some weird area where there is no time, which has nothing to do at all with this speed. We need to be clear, you seem to imply to not care about using a vague synonym because you see it as a synonym.

Isn't the correct word just "unbound" rather than "unbounded" though?

Immeasurable speed's more literally description is characters moving and reaction through at least one temporal dimension as if it were an open spatial dimension. But I suppose Unbound makes more sense than Unbounded.

Btw did we ever get to a conclusion on Bobobo’s speed or not? Cause aside from them and GG, I think we either cleared or clarified all the profiles on the OP

If we're mentioning Morax of all people from Shin Megami Tensei, then we'd literally have to bring up every single demon that appears in mainline Shin Megami Tensei, since they ALL operate on the principle that they are unbound by space and time, and thus can travel through the Expanse.

It's not like you could actually contest the Immeasurable speed rating for Shin Megami Tensei anyways, the proof in the pudding is shown in IV.

If we're mentioning Morax of all people from Shin Megami Tensei, then we'd literally have to bring up every single demon that appears in mainline Shin Megami Tensei, since they ALL operate on the principle that they are unbound by space and time, and thus can travel through the Expanse.
He’s already been cleared, SMT isn’t losing immeasurable.

Okay. Is somebody else in our staff willing to handle it please?

Okay. Is somebody else in our staff willing to handle it please?
Far too late, but I found this dead thread that was agreed on but never applied, so I applied it. This can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back