• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed characters updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Forgot how I did the infinite speed one; but it's the Immeasurable equivalent.

Some characters need their speed to be updated since their reasonning isn't valid for Immeasurable (mainly everything about "transcend/exist above space and time) or changed because the wording makes them invalid; here's the list (by verse):

Blazblue: Master Unit: Amaterasu

Bobobo: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Lord of the Rings: Morgoth

Warhammer 40, 000: Magnus the Red

SCPverse: Mekhane

Digimon: Alphamon

Guilty Gear: Sol Badguy & Sin Kiske

Shin Megami Tensei: Morax

The Elder Scrolls: Alduin

Transformers: Vector Prime and Unicron

Anyone knowledgeable on these verses would be very helpful to determine their new ratings or explain why they think their Immeasurable ratings should stay (personally think that Alduin seems fine, although Idk anything about his verse)

Alphamon's "Transcending Space TIme" statement comes after the fact that he can physically travel through past, present and future via speed alone.

"Moved through spacetime from the past (Ulud Terminal) to the future (Skuld Terminal). It was directly described as having transcended spacetime to save the world"

Last edited:
I think it was agreed that Demons (Shin Megami Tensei) case was correct since they can travel through the Expanse which is a higher dimensional realm that transcends the past, present, and future,

Last edited:
The SCP team is currently working on a CRT to fix god tier stats as we speak. The speed thing will be covered as well, rest assured.

I am unsure about that myself. Based on what I know and understand, there is a new statement that puts SCP god tiers at 1-C, transcendent over 3 temporal dimensions. I would have to consult the others on the validity of immeasurable speed based on transcending a temporal dimension.

Should I call on our content moderators to help us out here?

The only ones I am 100% sure are immesurable on here are Morgoth, Morax, Alphamon, Alduin and Vector Prime

For the others we need input of the verse supporters and knowledgeable members of those verses

Is somebody willing to look for experienced members and staff listed in the relevant verse pages, and then list their exact usernames here, so I can notify them? I am very tired right now.

I'm pretty sure there are more examples that need to be corrected aside from the ones in the OP, like the Ichiban Ushiro top tiers (0 actual speed feats, so they likely go to Unknown), while some in the OP have solid Immeasurable justifications, such as Morax being a native of the Expanse, while people who have traversed it have been shown as being able to travel across time in a completely natural way (such as in SMT I or SMT IV A). So there's a lot to do here.

I am interested in the Morgath example as well as the Lord of the Rings cast, but I recall some long agreed content revision never got applied. But I haven't really read the books and only watched the movies; so I don't know anything about that. But I can moderate some examples and/or threads that need staff input if other threads are needed for some examples.

I am interested in the Morgath example as well as the Lord of the Rings cast, but I recall some long agreed content revision never got applied. But I haven't really read the books and only watched the movies; so I don't know anything about that. But I can moderate some examples and/or threads that need staff input if other threads are needed for some examples.
Morgoth is a miar which is basically a god

I can give u the audio books for free if u are interested

Please do not insert any direct file sharing links here. The forum could get in serious legal trouble.

Anyway, help would be very appreciated here.

Which verses should I notify some knowledgeable supporters of?

Magnus is immeasurable via warp. The warp is legit High 1B transcendence space over space-time among many other thing. His final key basically reside in warp.

Or at least, according to the page.

I am unfamiliar with the new immeasurable speed standards, and with why SCP characters have it in the first place. But I could help with evaluating any arguments put forth.

You can just read our Speed page regarding our standards for immeasurable speed. Our current standards have been around quite a while, but we unfortunately never updated all pages to follow them.

We recently found a statement in SCP that early-history humans used tech to travel through 3 temporal dimensions, which sounds immeasurable. The gods don't have a similar statement, they simply exist outside of that time and can destroy the timelines.

I don't know if this would qualify under the current standards or not.

Oh okay, I already spent time grabbing the statement so I'll just post it anyway.
I've left us crippled, vulnerable. Our science is backward, not just hindered but capped - I've made it impossible for us to learn things that were pillars of technology before the spear. Quantum physics, studying the eye-lobes, moving through second and third temporal dimensions. Stuff we used to be able to do with ease.

i dont know much on BB like glass so he could correct me but iirc some BB characters had to go into the boundary and they can go to other places or timelines with their speed and navigate cuz otherwise they would have been stuck their and such. Again this is my own input for it so idk how will it affect its rating but i'll let glass correct me cuz he knows more than i do.

There is something I am a bit confused on though and my bad if this was answered already.

How come existing outside or above time itself be worse than traveling through linear time with speed?

Ok I’m gonna be available for a bit before I have to leave for studies, but can someone tell me what the requirements for immeasurable speeds are? Because I’m getting mixed messages from what I’ve been told on what’s supposed to be immeasurable and what Elizhaa said

From the last thread that spawn this it was:

so to recap, from this thread: immeasurable speed can be given to characters:

1. Whose attacks or actions have an effect before they even do them

2. Interact with time as though it was a spatial dimension

3*. has multiple instances of traveling through time via physical movements and not through any devices or special abilities

*3 was contested a bit by some of the mods

if number 3 is fine on its own then Amaterasu would qualify because it's able to move in the boundary itself and travel through alternate realities through speed alone. As for number 1 there is one feat that occurs which can possibly scale.

I have a question; what about character who has immeasurable by virtue of a certain space? If he's out of that space, he'll just be normal, but inside, he fulfill all the requirements for immeasurable.

I have a question; what about character who has immeasurable by virtue of a certain space? If he's out of that space, he'll just be normal, but inside, he fulfill all the requirements for immeasurable.
I think that would be treated as a case similar to Flash (Wally west)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back