• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable speed for SCP-1440?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCP-1440 threatens to capture The Brothers Death, the All-Death (most powerful of the brothers) never even shows up in 1440's presence fearing he will capture him. Shouldn't 1440 get Immeasurable combat/reaction speed for being a threat to the Brothers?

where is it stated that the All-Death doesn’t show up in 1440’s presence because he fears that he will be captured by him?

And the sack itself can catch the All-Death, not 1440.

The All-Death isn’t afraid of the old man. he just doesn’t appear in front of him to torment the old man.
Dr. ████: I'm afraid I can't do that. Besides, you mentioned three brothers; if the third isn't here yet, we must have some time left.

SCP-1440: [Shakes head.] The Third never appears. In that, he is crueler than both his brothers, for he knows his appearance is the only thing that will set me free. I have spent time untold searching for him, trying to return his prize and those I won from his brothers, but to no avail. [Subject looks behind Dr. ████ again, sighs] The Second has his hands on your shoulders, it is too late now. Doom is never far behind the Second. Before you perish, my poor child, allow me to give you a word of advice.

I disagree with the immeasurable speed. Being a threat is nowhere sufficient evidence for a sheer speed rating.

Being a threat does not mean anything. Even if the being is immeasurable speed, you need to scale to him, to get the feat.
In OPM, in the first episodes, the fish God monster used to said he is threat to whole humanity but yet did not even scale to the strongest character there.

The statement is redundant and vague.

Attack speed being possibly immeasurable sounds fair, in the same manner as the tentacle boi/SCP-2521 being a threat to LOGICIAN I think.

SCP-1440 threatens to capture The Brothers Death, the All-Death (most powerful of the brothers) never even shows up in 1440's presence fearing he will capture him. Shouldn't 1440 get Immeasurable combat/reaction speed for being a threat to the Brothers?
being a threat doesn't mean making it a credible feat, it must really be shown that it can kill, injure, or can keep up with All-death or with a hypothesis that shows it can make All-death lose or something

I don't think people are understanding just why this shit should be immeasurable.

IDK why tf shiz like OPM get mentioned here, but from the example I saw, it's more than likely Non-equivalence fallacy and is nothing close to wtf is going on here. For 1440 to be a threat to TBD in any meaningful way, he would literally have to have Immeasurable speed in some way, otherwise, regardless of how strong the attack is, it will never ever hit TBD, and will never be a threat to it regardless of how severe the hax is.

Just, think of it at a logical point, how can you ever be a threat to something that is beyond time, can move through time at will, and literally sees anything less than immeasurable speed as frozen? Anything less than Immeasurable speed will never affect TBD.

Like, you can at least argue for "Possibly"

It is a statement. I don't think even a possibly is sufficient. I still disagree regardless. You are just saying hypothetically. We don't assume such that.

I don't think people are understanding just why this shit should be immeasurable.

IDK why tf shiz like OPM get mentioned here, but from the example I saw, it's more than likely Non-equivalence fallacy and is nothing close to wtf is going on here. For 1440 to be a threat to TBD in any meaningful way, he would literally have to have Immeasurable speed in some way, otherwise, regardless of how strong the attack is, it will never ever hit TBD, and will never be a threat to it regardless of how severe the hax is.

Just, think of it at a logical point, how can you ever be a threat to something that is beyond time, can move through time at will, and literally sees anything less than immeasurable speed as frozen? Anything less than Immeasurable speed will never affect TBD.

Like, you can at least argue for "Possibly"
This is fiction if the author wants that so that's how it happened, i agree if this goes to possibly if any feats are possible here

Last edited:
You guys keep arguing about being a threat this and that but the scan is practically nonexistent. And the only scan i can find about 1440 being a “threat” to the All Death isn’t even him being a threat.

You guys keep arguing about being a threat this and that but the scan is practically nonexistent. And the only scan i can find about 1440 being a “threat” to the All Death isn’t even him being a threat.
Yeah it's lack of feats, if the creator of the thread provided a scan and a clear reason for scaling this would be a piece of cake

Yeah, my bad. I thought All-Death was not appearing anywhere near 1440 due to the sack having the potential (and possibly speed) to capture him, as he can still torment the old man and appear at the same time. And 1440 keeps seeking All-Death I suppose he believes he could capture him

No evidence though, so this can be closed I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back