• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immersion for the doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
"ZOE: But that's ridiculous. I mean, there never was such a person as Gulliver. He's a fictional character.
DOCTOR: Of course he is. Don't you understand? This world that we've tumbled into is a world of fiction. Unicorns, minotaur, Gulliver's travels, they're all alive here."

Is this immersion?

ZOE: I think this is the place.
DOCTOR: Yes. There's no sign of him. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone off without
(Zoe picks up the jacket.)
DOCTOR: What's that?
ZOE: His jacket.
DOCTOR: Well, he must be around here somewhere.
ZOE: Jamie! Who's that?
DOCTOR: Oh. Oh, my dear sir.
GULLIVER: Your servant, sir.
DOCTOR: You have a knack of turning up unexpectedly.
ZOE: Have you seen Jamie?
GULLIVER: I walked alone, but saw no sign of any inhabitants.
ZOE: Are you absolutely positive?
GULLIVER: I would not impose any falsities upon you. I adhere strictly to truth.
DOCTOR: Of course. This, er, this person who controls this place, the Master?
GULLIVER: The Master, yes.
DOCTOR: Have you seen him?
GULLIVER: Upon occasion he has been pleased to grant me an audience.
DOCTOR: Where might I find him?
GULLIVER: The Master's palace is no ordinary edifice, but a citadel, a walled town at the top of a hill or cliff, which is reckoned the highest in the kingdom.
DOCTOR: Yes, now I think I understand. May I ask, sir, where you come from? Would it not be Nottingham?
GULLIVER: My father had a small estate in Nottingham, sir. I was the third of five sons. He sent me to Emmanuel College in Cambridge at fourteen years old, where I applied myself close to my studies, learning navigation and other parts of the mathematics
DOCTOR: Useful for those who intend to travel
DOCTOR + GULLIVER: As I always believed it would someday or other, my fortune to do.
DOCTOR: Now I know who you are, sir. Your name is Lemuel Gulliver.
GULLIVER: Your servant.
ZOE: Gulliver?
DOCTOR: Yes, yes. Oh, I'm looking forward to a long talk with you one of these days.
GULLIVER: I should like that above all things, but it would not be proper at this juncture to trouble you with the particulars of my adventures.
DOCTOR: Oh, I wouldn't dream of detaining you.
GULLIVER: Having been condemned by nature and fortune to a restless and active life, I must take my leave of you. Farewell.
DOCTOR: Farewell.
(Gulliver leaves.)
ZOE: Why does he talk in such an extraordinary way?
DOCTOR: Well, he can only speak the words that Dean Swift gave him to say.
ZOE: But that's ridiculous. I mean, there never was such a person as Gulliver. He's a fictional character.
DOCTOR: Of course he is. Don't you understand? This world that we've tumbled into is a world of fiction. Unicorns, minotaur, Gulliver's travels, they're all alive here.
ZOE: Then what are we doing here? What do they want with us?
DOCTOR: I'm not sure I understand that yet. Come along, let's find Jamie. You'd better put this on.
(The Doctor puts Jamie's jacket round Zoe's shoulders.)

I suppose that this seems fine. How was it achieved?

Okay. Then it should be fine to update those statistics.

Thanks. Should we close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back