• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important! Categories in sandboxes and blog posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tier 5, 6 & 7 cleaned. Will continue with the others later. Although there are not as many blogs as when I reviewed the tiers categories the first time, but going through all the pages takes a bit of time, so excuse me if it takes me a while to clean up.

That is obviously no problem at all. You have been a massively dedicated help with cleaning up our wiki from structural errors.

Well, it is really just a statement of fact, given how much work you do.

I checked Unknown and Varies tier and are cleaned as well.. And I think that would be all... Tier categories is completely clean of sandboxes or blogs. Anyway I always keep an eye on the new edits to see if someone adds tier templates or categories and to give them instructions.

Btw, I don't know if there are any other jobs that require blog editing for our temporary rights? Some other project or something?

Thank you for the help. I will wait for replies from other content moderators as well. After that, we can close this thread.

I went back through all the characters by tier and removed the tier templates from the blog posts that have been created recently. I also gave instructions to the users.

Also, @ElixirBlue sorry for ping you but tier 9 had left some blog posts with old tier templates and categories, i have cleaned them. So next time check them and clean it up carefully, thanks.

Also, @ElixirBlue sorry for ping you but tier 9 had left some blog posts with old tier templates and categories, i have cleaned them. So next time check them and clean it up carefully, thanks
Huh, I thought I got them all. Thanks for checking.~

Huh, that reminds me, what do we do to prevent new blogs from adding tiers?

Huh, that reminds me, what do we do to prevent new blogs from adding tiers?
What I do is to give instructions to the users that add tier templates or categories to the blogs and then they don't do it anymore.

What I do is to give instructions to the users that add tier templates or categories to the blogs and then they don't do it anymore.
I meant in terms of keeping track on the wiki. Should we start a system where someone does a check in the tier categories, say, once week?

Seems like a good idea, but I don't know if it's possible. @Antvasima sorry for the ping, but we would appreciate your assistance here.

Although it is not very difficult to search through character by tiers, it took me 1 hour and a little more to go through all the tiers or even less. Although I must say that it is a bit annoying to go through all that just to remove a few tier template

Well, would doing so once a month be more realistic?

Okay. Big thanks for helping out.

By the way, i went through Verses category and cleaned all categories in blog post i found.

I went through the above page and removed the categories of the sandboxes I found as well.
I had already done it with the sandboxes but at that time I didn't have the necessary rights to do it with the blogs.

Thanks a lot for helping out. You are awesome as always.

I went to see other categories, such as Games, Mangas, Animes, Light Novels, etc. and there were also a few sandboxes and blogs with those categories, i already cleaned up. I find more and more.

It seems that we will have to check now the remaining categories (although it is a headache because there are many, I will not look at them all because I do not give alone), because I just cleaned Characters by gender and I found a lot of sandboxes and blogs with many categories in them. Although I think it would be better to clean only main categories, like Light Novel Characters, Manga Characters, Humans, Protagonist and such.

It seems that we will have to check now the remaining categories (although it is a headache because there are many, I will not look at them all because I do not give alone), because I just cleaned Characters by gender and I found a lot of sandboxes and blogs with many categories in them. Although I think it would be better to clean only main categories, like Light Novel Characters, Manga Characters, Humans, Protagonist and such.
Could you give me a list of categories to look through? I'm free atm before I start my studies, so I'd like to help lighten the load.

Ig its okay, that comment is kinda old and the user is no longer active.

I have asked Fandom about this issue.

Yes, thanks a lot for helping out.

Our wiki manager is trying to help us with the indexed message wall posts.

He took up the problem with Fandom's programming team, and they seem to have solved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back