• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPOILERS:

I watched the movie hours ago (thank you Down Undah). Can confirm that Loki and Gamora indeed die. Also, the top was true with Thor managing to tank a dying star for AT LEAST more than a minute before he passed out (woke up moments later, only showing signs of burning/singeing).

The part where Thor injures Thanos and with the Stormbreaker is also correct, but I might want to add something which I think imo is an outlier teir (SPOILERS: MAJOR ONES AHEAD, WARNING YOU BOIS)

Thor actually does throw Stormbreaker at Thanos. This is nearly right after Thanos is COMPLETE with ALL SIX INFINITY STONES. Thanos fires a beam that seem to include all six of the stones (I kind of assume this as there are a mixture of colours in the beam, but this is just assumption for now), however, the Stormbreaker actually TANKS this beam and wedges itself in Thanos's chest.

Thanos is incredibly weakened. He shows signs of pain and fatigue, heavy breathing and all, from this attack (if anyone wants to know what happened after this scene (Thor shows up and confronts an injured Thanos), DM me).

I want to point out at the start of the film, The HULK fights Thanos. Thanos is at first overwhelmed as he was caught off guard and probably underestimated the Hulk, but after he starts fighting seriously he easily beats him with a few precise punches, a few kicks and an attitude adjustment and knocks him out. For the rest of the movie, Hulk refuses to 'come out' and Banner can't turn green, and Hulk keeps saying 'NO!' whenever Banner forces him to. This may be because the Hulk was 'scared' of his encounter with Thanos.

Additionally to this, Iron Man was giving his all with the MK 50 (missiles, contraptions and firearms, repulsors, yadda yadda yadda - I can't stress enough how more advanced Tony's armor is compared to every other one he's had, none of them hold a finger to the new one he's wearing), but only manages to scratch Thanos's face a little. So, if Thor could forcefully ram Stormbreaker into his chest from afar, thats pretty big. Unless it's a Stormbreaker feat. Then RIP universal Thor.

END SPOILERS.

Thanos confirmed John Cena. Hulk got buried by tge mystical Golden Shovel!

Seriously, I hear that Thor was trying to forge Stormbreaker with the power of the Bifrost. Is this correct?

TheFinalOrder said:
Thanos confirmed John Cena. Hulk got buried by tge mystical Golden Shovel!

Seriously, I hear that Thor was trying to forge Stormbreaker with the power of the Bifrost. Is this correct?
SPOILERS:

No. With the power of a dying star in a space forge. Peter Dinklage in the form of a space dwarf says the star MAY have the ability to activate or sustain the bifrost or whatever, but the bifrost never appears in the movie apart from the start and when Thor travels.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Hoe did the film end? I heard the Avengers turned into dust.
SPOILERS HERE (obviously)

Thanos got all the stones and turned half the universe into dust, film ended with a montage of a bunch of people fading away into nonexistence, post-credits scene was more of this.

EDIT: Clarifying that he turned half of the LIFE in the universe into dust, not half of the universe itself.

I purposely explained this on his profile so to avoid spoiling the ending. I only spoil stuff that is relevant to calcs and stuff for the wiki and character profiles, but hey, this is a spoilerific thread so.

Thanos got all the stones and turned half the universe into dust, film ended with a montage of a bunch of people fading away into nonexistence, post-credits scene was more of this.

EDIT: Clarifying that he turned half of the LIFE in the universe into dust, not half of the universe itself.

RIP Universal Thanos

I mean, universal range existence erasure/reality warping and power nullification seems pretty good.

(Spoilers, though the thread literally says spoilers in the title)

The Infinity stones control aspects of existence, as stated by Strange's friend. Though that's already known.

Iron Man has a nanobot suit that withstood hits from a Thanos minion who could overpower and tear off an arm from the Hulkbuster suit.

Strange withstood multiple needles which were meant for Neurosurgery. Said needles would kill the other avengers with just one. The guy who said this only encountered the humans though, so no Hulk or Thor included.

Thor's hammer was forged in was a neutron star, and Stormbreaker is even more powerful (also means the calc should be changed). They also describe the forge as making the most dangerous weapons in existence, which will cause a normal human's body and mind to crumble. Stormbreaker cut a large gash in Thanos' chest, and Thanos stated he should have aimed for the head to kill him.

Thor withstood the Asgardian ship blowing up while half dead, and withstood an energy beam from the Neutron star for 30s, or a minute (could be cinematic timing, as the giant dwarf said it would take a minute or two).

Thanos erased half of all life in the universe once he got all 6 gems, and he literally described it before as erasing them from existence.

Thanos life wiped the surface of a moon into fragments and tossed the fragments to them, which is consistent with the Power Stone draining the life of a planets' surface. Thanos also tossed a massive meteor.

Iron Man lifted a large portion of a ship, which would be in the class K or M regions.

Thanos is pretty much a glass canon, with physical stats at least above the Hulk, Hulk buster, Thor, etc.

Thanos has a strong mind that allowed him to briefly fight against Mantis' mind control, and later overpower it after star lord attacked him.

On my way, to be see infinity war, pretty hyped for ÔÿÇ Thor.

Also, hela to come back redeemed or something Cate was drop dead gorgeous near the end of Ragnarok. And if she ends up as captain marvels girlfriend well much will be right with the world.

The move was pretty good. 8.5/10 or an A- imo. Would have appreciated more hulk in it though

Everything needing to be said has been said. Thor's durability feat, Thanos' feats etc.

Star level scaling from Thor?

Zenkaibattery1 said:
The move was pretty good. 8.5/10 or an A- imo. Would have appreciated more hulk in it though
Everything needing to be said has been said. Thor's durability feat, Thanos' feats etc.

Star level scaling from Thor?
I'd say dwarf star. That star was dying and wasn't very large.

I have watched in Italy Avengers: Infinity War. My personal opinion of it: it was extremely good, but it's not a movie where you will jump out of your chair yelling "YES! AWESOME!",but one that will leave an impression and leave you somber and thoughtful.

Thanos is also a great villain, btw, IMO way better than the pretentiousborderline sue-ish prick Starlin wrote him as... so what kind of feats are there? Well...

HERE THEY ARE, Some are SPOILERS!! BE WARNED! I AM NOT A SPOILING PRICK

THANOS

- At the beginning of the movie, Thanos without any Infinity Gem fought Hulk at the beginning of the movie and defeated him pretty easily once he got over the sneak attack. It's implied that either him or his Black Order defeated Thor with ease. I would thus suggest him as a 6-C. by scaling to both Post-awakening Thor and Hulk

- A few anti feats are present though, as literally EVERYONE made Thanos stagger, including Captain America.

- He doesn't seem to have any hax whatsoever with his Gaunlet

THOR

- During the movie, Thor takes the all the heat of a neutron star head on for multiple seconds. While he is knocked unconscious and injuried, he survives.

Stormbreaker is described as a 'Thanos-destroying' weapon and is made by the same person who crafted the Infinity Gaunlet. It actually wounds him pretty badly

- My suggestion is to say Thor is 6-C, higher with Stormbreaker

EBONY MAW (AKA Creepy dude who fights Strange in the trailer)

IMO, he is the strongest lackey of Thanos, able to restrain Post-awakening Thor (although he was pretty battered) and fights Doctor Strange in combat. I'd suggest a 6-C for him as well, especially what I write below, otherwise keep him at 7-B

DOCTOR STRANGE

My favorite superhero does not disappoint!

[SPOILERS]

With the Eye of Agamotto, Strange traverse over 14 millions alternative futures to find a way to wind over an unknown but realtively small period of time.

He shows he can use the 'mirror dimension' manipulation in the real world as a barrier, is able to warp a miniature blackhole in a series of butterflies, and gives Thanos a pretty good fight. Again,an new key to him as 6-C is IMO needed.

[/SPOILERS]

CULL OBSIDIAN

[SPOILERS]

Cull Obsidian puts up a good fight against the Hulkbuster.. 7-C for him.

[/SPOILERS]

IRON MAN

[SPOILERS]

Iron Man has a new armor made of Nano-technology that shows to be able to self repair and regenerate and actually is able at the end to successfully make Thanos bleed ( a single drop), something Hulk could not do. He also stomps Cull Obsidian

[/SPOILERS]

INFINITY GAUNLET

[SPOILERS]

Shows reality warping with the Aether

Teleportation with the Tesseract

Energy Blast with the Power Gem

Time Reversal with the Gem of Time

[/SPOILERS]

EBONY MAW AND PROXIMA MIDNIGHT

They mostly fight the street level heroes, but their weapons are able to injure vVsion and interfere with his phasing, so I would suggest 9A, 7B with weapons

Please, do not think I am trying to spoil the movie. All of you, have fun watching it, it's great

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Does Scarlet Witch do anything impressive ?
SPOILERS:

She destroys an infinity stone at what seems to be her peak ability, but we can't really draw anything from that. She also blasts a shit-ton of those alien army guys, and by a shit ton I mean like probably a quarter-to-half the size of the Wakandan army in the trailer, just to scale. And Okoye says after that 'why wasn't she fighting earlier' or something along those lines.

Captain America and Black Widow > That Thanos Minion who can bypass Vision's Intangibility > Vision.

I dunno, the scaling seems excellently well done to me.

The movie takes place right after Ragnarok so I guess?

But that would make anyone who got slapped by Thanos Star level.

Wouldn't it be less than Multi Continent Level? Since that's the energy our star, not even a dying neutron star, produces per second.

(Spoilers for Spino)

Also, this means the calc would change spino. Thor's hammer was forged in the afformentioned Neutron Star.

Please update my boi Strange's profile. It helps with the pain I feel right now. I'm sure those who watched the movie understand me.

(Spoilers)

Y' mean when he pulled the Infinity stone from the stars.

No I mean when he (Spoilers) died. I was freaking heartbroken. I loved Strange's character more than any other on the cast list. But yeah, his duplication and transmutation. Please put that on his profile.

Haven't seen the movie yet but I have questions which may also have SPOILERS:

1. Are ant-man and wasp in the movie?

2. Was the hammer forged in a dwarf or neutron star? Seems to be a back and forth as to which one it is.

3. How much of the energy of the star does Thor tank or does he simply tank the temperature?

4. If storm breaker can tank a blast from the IG, and the IG can tank the gems, what does that mean for Ronin's hammer?

5. Any new speed feats?

That's all I have for now. Also, I don't think you can scale Hulk to Thor (sadly). Thor was pretty superior to Hulk in Raganrok and -apparently- Thanos beats Hulk so badly that he's terrified of Thanos and refuses to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back