• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information about an important wiki problem

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Here is a recent correspondence that I had with wikia regarding the problem with browsing previous forum topics relating to specific pages:

Hello

A while ago, I informed you about that when searching for past forum topics relating to a certain page, clicking page "2", "3", "Next", etcetera at the bottom for older topics simply brings me and other visitors to page "1" again.

The problem seems to remain still:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Topic:Kirby_(universe)

Given that the wiki that I am in charge of is extremely dependent on the ability to check for past content revision discussions, to not have to repeat them over and over ad nauseum, I would greatly appreciate if your technical staff could help us out by repairing the bug.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is a better illustration of the problem:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Topic:Dragon_Ball

As you can see, there are 18 pages of discussions for this topic, several of which contain essential content revision discussions that we are currently unable to find, as we are only able to access the most recent and oldest topics in the list.

We are constantly being swarmed with repeating topics, taking up a considerable amount of our time managing the wiki, and I likely won't be able to continue for much longer, as I am extremely tired.

I would greatly appreciate if you could please help to fix this bug. Thank you.

Hi Antvasima,

I apologize for the delay in response.

As with many other known issues with the Forum feature, this is one that we're aware of, but I cannot give you any estimate on when this might be fixed.

I know that the bugs, and also the general deficiencies (such as lack of search) with the Forum feature cause lots of extra work for you and your community. I truly wish that there was more we could do to help in a timely manner.

In the past I have mentioned that we're working on a replacement for the Forum feature, and this may be something that you can use. But it's still in the earlier stages and is not ready to meet your community's needs. Later this year I would like to set up the feature for you and we can see how well it might work.

I will certainly let you know if a fix for this bug with the Topic pages is going to be done.

Thank you,

Bert Hall Director, Wikia Community Support

So, as they told me some months ago, they are working on solving the overall problems with the forums, including writing the code for a much better search function.

Hopefully they can do this. I've been having the problem of only being able to go see the recent threads but not any more older than that for quite a while now.

This has been a long issue for me as well. Thanks for brigning it up to them. Hope they can fix it eventually.

Back