• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Information to the staff about my activity

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I am no longer able to monitor absolutely everything going on in this wiki, as there are only so many hours in a day, and it was driving me to complete exhaustion.

To help out with filtering what is usually not necessary to check up, I have started to use the following page:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:RecentChanges?hidepatrolled=1&limit=2000

It hides patrolled edits. This means the ones performed by administrators and content moderators, as well as the ones that they have checked up, and clicked the "Mark as patrolled" button for.

As of yet, it is only possible to mark a single edit at a time as patrolled for a certain character profile page, but I am currently talking with Wikia about this, as it would help greatly with splitting the workload between different staff members if we can do so for several edits in a profile at a time.

This means that I will simply have to trust that all of the administrators and content moderators take responsibility, and usually know what they are doing, and instead focus on the regular members.

However, the downside is that it also means that I will not automatically notice their messages in blog posts, character profile talk sections, or new forum threads.

The forum threads are usually less of an issue, as other people usually respond, which I will notice, and they can also be highlighted if important enough.

However, the blog posts and character profile talk sections are a bigger problem, and will probably require that you place a note on my personal message wall for me to notice.

Sorry about the trouble, but this will likely cut down my workload by at least a third, which means a lot for my mental health.

Thank you, but it is important that the staff knows that I will not automatically notice all of their messages to me now.

Well, you can message me if necessary.

I definitely will, but only if it's absolutely necessary. I don't want to burden you with more than you already have.

Understood, Ant. Take care of yourself.

Back