• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know it doesn’t need a whole thread, but can the Viltrumite sound weakness be corrected too? It seems misleading, as frequency and “high intensity” sound are inherently different. Loudness/Amplitude ≠ Frequency/pitch.

Real quick, shouldn’t the smart atoms explanation part be removed, I thought that’s what the op was talking about when it came to handbook only stuff. Same with the mention in the weakness section.

Real quick, shouldn’t the smart atoms part be removed, I thought that’s what the op was talking about when it came to handbook only stuff. Same with the mention in the weakness section.
I can remove those real quick if that's what the OP was going for

I guess wait for clarification from the op, but I’m pretty sure the whole point was that the handbook in its entirety is out of date and unnoticed by the comic.

Real quick, shouldn’t the smart atoms explanation part be removed, I thought that’s what the op was talking about when it came to handbook only stuff. Same with the mention in the weakness section.
The smart atoms are verified by Mark and Thragg being threatened by solar heat.

Ah okay, the profile doesn’t make that clear, so thanks for clarifying. Though the explanation would have needed to be changed anyways since it goes off the handbook.

I guess wait for clarification from the op, but I’m pretty sure the whole point was that the handbook in its entirety is out of date and unnoticed by the comic.
I was arguing the handbook being unreliable at least for the speed side of it, though I can see arguments to ignore it entirely (due to points presented applying to all areas too).

The smart atoms are verified by Mark and Thragg being threatened by solar heat.
Not really, no. This was discussed more thoroughly in the Invincible discussion thread. Main point is Mark and Thragg burning in the Sun doesn’t necessarily substantiate the hyper-specific point in the handbook which mentions Smart Atoms getting overtaxed by prolonged heat…among other things.

Oh, I thought he was saying they mention smart atoms directly. I can reread the scene but if they don’t directly say smart atoms that doesn’t support the handbook and the weakness needs to be rewritten.

Oh, I thought he was saying they mention smart atoms directly. I can reread the scene but if they don’t directly say smart atoms that doesn’t support the handbook and the weakness needs to be rewritten.
Nah, they don’t. One of my points was actually how they don’t use a single one of the main terminology (like smart atom, sub-space, supposed quantum foam absorption, etc) in the handbook, throughout the whole comic run.

I just realized, since the comic handbook seems very largely bunk, we are going to need a new speed feat for pre MFTL+ mark and Allen since both their speeds seem to come from the guide. And since this is the same guide that says they teleport and can only lift a hand full of tons, I’m not sure the lower speeds it gives would be accurate either even if it was kept (which it shouldn’t since the comic fully ignores it).

I just realized, since the comic handbook seems very largely bunk, we are going to need a new speed feat for pre MFTL+ mark and Allen since both their speeds seem to come from the guide. And since this is the same guide that says they teleport and can only lift a hand full of tons, I’m not sure the lower speeds it gives would be accurate either even if it was kept (which it shouldn’t since the comic fully ignores it).
Doesn't Allen literally like, fly to the planets he visits?

Yeah, but that would likely be faster than the current rating (for their first key) and would need a calc.

Tbf, the speed handbook mentions actually comes straight from the comic. Mark’s principle was blowing kids up. The timer was ~25s, tho the 8000mi thing came from the handbook only.

Then it may need a different distance, though considering how Allen’s day job is traveling interstellar distances, ftl even for the previous key could be likely. Though maybe for now we can leave it as unknown and make a new thread on that later to find what’s most consistent for Mark and Allen pre upgrades.

I could handle it when I get home later, let’s just wait and see if that part of the new speed is accepted. Though I will need to see who scales and who doesn’t.

Btw, does someone mind adding these few things later, specific to the profiles:

•Add Allen’s speed feats to his profile (in OP).

•Remove sound weakness of Viltrumites being “pinpoint high intensity”, but rather pinpoint high frequencies (which are inaudible) ~ I can send all the scans, if needed.

•Keep the Moon-split addition in, just in case they wanna keep it in, and since it was agreed upon a few weeks back as conclusive evidence IIRC.

•Also keep the multi-continental solar flare nuke stuff in.

•Add descriptions of Thragg reacting to Omni-Man’s flight and being able to blitz Allen (I will provide scans).

•Mark accelerating to MFTL (outspeeding the fastest CoP ship instantly - all scans in OP).

•Conquest explicitly tracking and locking onto a moving CoP ship (all scans in OP).

Looks like Allen has this accepted calc

I know I’m not a calc evaluator, but can someone maybe amend this? The calc uses the distance to the inner edge of Oort cloud, not the outer edge (which is 100,000AU away - significantly larger than distance used in calc) which is what actually defines the edge of the solar system (to fly beyond the Oort Cloud is what it means to exit the solar system).

Usually for solar system feats we go with the lower ends in more so in comparison to parts of the solar system that has stuff rather than the very edge far out in empty space. It’s mainly to be on the safe side but also because that’s usually what writers and normal people think about when they think of the solar system. It’s like how we use the Kármán line for earth to space rather than the end of the thermosphere or exosphere which goes beyond it.

I know I’m not a calc evaluator, but can someone maybe amend this? The calc uses the distance to the inner edge of Oort cloud, not the outer edge (which is 100,000AU away - significantly larger than distance used in calc) which is what actually defines the edge of the solar system (to fly beyond the Oort Cloud is what it means to exit the solar system).
I used the inner edge because it was described he just entered the Solar System, rather than if he was outside it
(also it doesn't really matter because the mid end was accepted)

I’ve gotten the hang of the editing now. So is it fine with going ahead and removing the smart atom-related stuff (especially for weaknesses) or no?

It's the primary reason reaction speed is equal to flight speed.
Feats help this premise. The handbook showed reaction = flight speed to the extent of sub-light speed. Beyond that, nothing (since sub-space BS). Either way, Allen’s handbook statement wouldn’t be needed independently to prove that.

It's the primary reason reaction speed is equal to flight speed.
Nope it's the fact that they can fight when they fly.
Feats help this premise. The handbook showed reaction = flight speed to the extent of sub-light speed. Beyond that, nothing (since sub-space BS). Either way, Allen’s handbook statement wouldn’t be needed independently to prove that.
Yeah this matter is done and dusted. The handbook should only be used if it expands on stuff mentioned in the series or at least when it doesn't contradict them.

Nope it's the fact that they can fight when they fly.

Yeah this matter is done and dusted. The handbook should only be used if it expands on stuff mentioned in the series or at least when it doesn't contradict them.
So stuff like smart atoms being overtaxed by prolonged heat should be kept in? They aren’t mentioned in the comic, but not contradicted (in this specific regard) either.

I mean, I don’t really see why any of the handbook should be used, mainly since it’s not written by the creator nor ever mentioned or referenced in the comic. It would be incredibly strange for characters atoms to just work completely differently from a handbook that came out extremely early in the comics run, that is also never mentioned.

That was my point, both in the last comment and in my previous comments. Though, since this thread did the small planet upgrade and post speed upgrades. Maybe I should make a thread on the handbook in its totality and the Allen feat for earlier versions of the characters.

Back