• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man Downgrade

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
So Iron Man is ranked Small country level due to this, but the assumption for the speed of the rock is quite unreasonable considering that Iron Man only had to destroy it, not stop it (which in reality would require to produce the same mommentum and not KE but anyway).

I calced the energy needed to violently fragmentize it here.

Also his regular attack wouldn't have any effect to it so he is at most Island level.

Do you have concrete evidence that he stoped it?

No.

And we only see a portion of it being fragmentized (not even violently fragmentized).

How is any of this Small Country level?

The bomb was hinted to be City level (and we see a nuke like fireball so Town to City level is reasonable).

If you see the first image in my blog, the Manhattan rock is flying towards the outer space, therefore the escape velocity is applied, so its Momentum has something to do. Remember, the faster the rock moves/flies, the more mass it attains. You are right if the Manhattan-sized rock is in rest and not moving though.

Ummm...

Even by assuming that the bomb had a mass of 100000 kg (a high ball considering its small size) and was as fast as the fastest man made object the Helios 2 its KE would be 58 Kilotons

@Kkapoios

I would appreciate if you would post your calculation in a separate blog post, and then ask some other calc group members to check it up.

However, if it is accepted, I need some help, as lots of Marvel characters are scaled from Iron Man, and would need to have their tiers, attack potencies, durabilities, and striking strengths adjusted.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Although there are quite a lot of Marvel character profiles to check through.

Okay. Thanks. You can inform some other calc group members about the blog, if you wish.

So i saw 5 of our calc members agreeing to the calc and finding good enough.

I take it that this is supported then?

Ant, you do realize that you can have your staff do it too instead....right? Kka volunteered to do it, especially since he was the one that redid the feat here. Hell i wouldn't mind doing it at all.

Again, the calc seems to be agreed majorly by 5 of our own from what the looks of it. It seems safe to do it at this point at anytime...

WeeklyBattles said:
All characters scaled to Tony would be downgraded to Island level?
Small Island level. Or "At least Small Island" to be exact? The result came as 2.3 Gigatons, which is High 7-A.

Alright. For starters, we know Iron Man/Tony is the one everyone that is scaled to him as Low 6-B. With this revised calc and given he did the feat, he of course should be the one to start out with.

I have quite the idea of who scales to him. Those being like Sandman, the Thing, Doctor Doom (in Dura tho), and Namor. Those are some good starts to do.

Thank you for the help. Feel free to start immediately, beginning with Iron Man.

However, you will regrettably have to check through all of these pages for any mentions of scaling to him, and remember to adjust both the tiers, the attack potencies, the durabilities, and the striking strengths for all of them.

You are finished already? That was extremely quick. Thanks again for the help then.

Yeah, it wasn't that hard for us. Especially since not only it was two of us, there wasn't that many that were scaled to Tony/Iron Man.

No problem, anyways.

Seems that the changes have been done, if i find any other profile i'll change it.

We seem to have a bit of a problem. Basically, Iron Man was only listed as class 70 in the armor that performed the feat, not class 100 as currently:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index....r_Statistics_Scaling&diff=885213&oldid=846020

This means that the characters that were listed as class 75 in the Master Edition, such as Ronan, should be Large Mountain level, but it leaves us with a large gap for class 90 and class 100, that are both listed as At least Large Mountain level. We basically need some higher level feats to scale from for characters with these ratings.

Well, I adjusted Ronan, and will try to find and adjust the other profiles that are scaled from being stronger than Carol Danvers. But still, there is a major gap between the class 75 characters, scaled from Iron Man, and the class 100+ characters, scaled from Red She-Hulk.

That is true. Before, it was still big but not quite big as now. I was thinking of looking into any Marvel feats that Endless Mike makes but i doubt it'll be something from those stronger than Carol anytime soon. So i'm out on that.

We definitely need something to scale for this new big gap here, yes. *Nods*

Also Ant, Kka's calc was noted as Small Island rather than Large Mountain. Even though both are of the same tier, should we use the latter rather than the former or...?

I think that Large Mountain sounds better, since Small Island sounds like something with two houses in an archipelago, which is nowhere near the required size for High 7-A.

Back