• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It shows the OVERALL portrayed level of the character and it is quite clear that it's relatively grounded and not continent-planet level.

Anyway, here is the scan:

Unless there is further context to this, it is pretty concrete.
The context you keep seeming to ask for but ignore is that model is specifically more low tech than the other armors Iron Man built, he left his company and swore off using more advanced technology. I don't know why you didn't just look up the Marvel wiki since it's stated on the armor's profile blatantly.

Last edited:
The context you keep seeming to ask but ignore is that model is specifically more low tech than the other armors Iron Man built, he left his company and swore off using more advanced technology. I don't know why you didn't just look up the Marvel wiki since it's stated on the armor's profile blatantly.
So that is the standart modern suit or no?

So that is the standard modern suit or no?
It's the latest one he built but it's nowhere near the strongest one he has made, it's far weaker, it's AI is inferior to previous ones, and it requires a manual suit up. The design and functions of it are meant to hark back at classic Iron Man suits, in terms of looks and capability. Retroactively downgrading all the other armors because of that would be down right wrong.

Look Prim I'll be blunt, what you saying here won't get passed at all
8-C Iron Man modern models is an absurd notion considering that'd be below multiple characters which have no buisness being above Tony's suits so can you stop this derailment?

If you wanna change Marvel scaling standards (Which is what you'd need to do for this to happen) make a seprate CRT, because rn this thread is for the collective effort of making this bloody pages in accordance to the current Marvel standard and not what ever you're pushing for

Also to note the character that Stark is planning to hit in the "bulletproof" scan, Korvac, actually has a 7-B statement earlier in the comic, stated by Stark himself in a very matter of fact manner.

Gee I wonder what is inconsistent, the statement or the feats.

I forgot to finish that part of the post before posting:

----------

He is describing the thoughness of MK1 by listing what it can do, that does not sound like hyperbole, you're trying to invalidate the statement.
...while amidst a battle against a villain who believes him to be exceptionally weak? He isn't casually explaining it sitting down, with the time to collect his thoughts. What you're trying to do, is rob the context of the feat.
As for the rest of your post, I have told you this before already, I am not saying IM is strictly 9-B because of that statement, since it is unlikely that the scale of every feats can match each other perfectly. I myself don't think he is 9-B. However, it still is a pretty concrete statement of power, and would still invalidate the continent shit.

It shows the OVERALL portrayed level of the character and it is quite clear that it's relatively grounded and not continent-planet level.
Either say he's 9-B or say he's not, we're not gonna make up midway tiers to justify the nonsensical antifeats you bring up
Anyway, here is the scan:

Unless there is further context to this, it is pretty concrete.
To note, I gave it above, even Korvac's descriptive statements are inconsistent in the comic you're parading

And yeah as others noted this is a purposely weak armor, so it shouldn't compare to most other modern Armors

Oh I'm not sure if the Pettawats thing scales to Stark himself. It's referring to the energy that Korvac has absorbed. He later attacked Korvak and while he managed to damage his body, he seems unhurt. I'll let you guys figure out what to do with that. Source is Iron Man (2020) #5 (or Iron Man Vol 6 5).

Now, he did somewhat resist an attack that severely damaged a building, leaving a wall completely busted, so I still think the bullet proof glass thing isn't something to take entirely seriously.

Oh I'm not sure if the Pettawats thing scales to Stark himself. It's referring to the energy that Korvac has absorbed. He later attacked Korvak and while he managed to damage his body, he seems unhurt. I'll let you guys figure out what to do with that. Source is Iron Man (2020) #5 (or Iron Man Vol 6 5).
It's not in regards to scaling though, it's in regards to lowering harming a 7-B to harming a 9-B, and using that as an antifeat against Stark to the 9-B range

Ah, true that then.

Anyway. The way the bullet-proof glass quote is worded isn't like "our current armors aren't that strong", instead it's "our armors have NEVER been that strong" (aside from a few outliers like Hulk and Thor busters ofc), which means the statement is completely unusuable. They also say that his armor is comparable to War Machine in the scan, which would mean that War Machines armor has been just 9-B since 2014. I don't think that's accurate.

Also in the previous issue, he ragdolls Guardsman with the power to destroy at least three cars. Further credence that the glass statement is weird and wrong.

So War Machine Model 1 is going to be Low 7-C unless/until the High 7-A calc gets accepted?

What was that downplay derail? Tier 8 modern armors? Model 1 being the strongest? Downgrading characters for falling? Really?

I said in another thread that modern armors are around Tier 7 in terms of feats.

Don't worry, it will probably have a newer key, since a non-extremis-required, nanotechnology-enhanced version has been used as of late, and can seemingly take down Terrax on its own.

Okay so I have encountered a problem with the Mandarin Mountain Toss feat.

I can't provide all the scans because they'd be too many, I recommend you just read the issue, it is from Iron Man Vol 1 275. But essentially, Rhodey is implied to not have survived the strike Mandarin gave him. So how did he come back you may ask? A page before some reality warping shenanigans happened, so I really think the writers are implying we chalk it up to that somehow resurrecting Jim.

And to note by the way, this is Mandarin after he had mastered the rings, so he is essentially unscaleable to his prior incarnations (I am working on a Mandarin CRT and essentially this dude goes through ALOT of power ups), and thus far in my research he hasn't fought Iron Man in any relevant way.

So I think the feat may be unusable, sorry.

I don't disagree that it may be unusable (though it'd scale to the amped Mandarin for sure), but the armor WAS mostly intact, it seems. The one wearing it died, but I thought that much would be worth bringing up anyway.

Back