• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Genos weak?

Ive always fou it strage when I saw him i memes all the time before reading the manga myself. Havent seen hate/disrespect or a charcater since Sakura and Yamcha. So I wanted to ask, objectively speaking is Genos just flat out weak realtive to peeps in his Universe.

Genos isn't weak, he was accepted as an S-Class Hero after all, but I think the "Genos get beat up" joke comes from the fact that he is Saitama's Worf (the really strong character that gets beaten to show how strong the opponent is, and then Saitama comes and delivers the punchline by just hitting the opponent once and killing it); examples include Genos getting stomped by Carnage Kabuto or being unable to destroy a meteor, but honestly, if you put most other heroes (not all) that aren't Saitama in Genos' possition, they would probably also get beaten, or at least have difficulties.

He's near the top among heroes, evident by his rank, but... most of the heroes among his rank are rather middling, if a bit higher on the power totem pole.

He's strong but loses either to stupid things (letting his guard down vs Mosquito Girl and Sea King) or because his opponent is WAY out of his league (Carnage Kabuto and for what it's worth the meteor).

When against decently high demons, he usually has the upper hand, and has held his own against Elder Centipede even if his attacks didn't do much in the long run.

Yeah, basically, against comparable opponents he does well, but he has been thrown against much stronger opponents multiple times just so he can get beat up to make Saitama one-shoting them more impressive.

As the Phoenix Man dude mentions, Genos is limited by his gear. If he wants to reach higher, he needs an upgrade, and he's limited by his current loadout.

So combine that with the fact he rarely battles anything he can feasibly compare to, and you end up with him stomped all the time. He even fares super good against Garou, leaving aside Garou's state, and showed both great combat intelligence and good fighting skill.

So no, Genos ain't weak, he just gets put in fights with a ton of things he can't even compare to. Alloy Darkshine is one of the most powerful S Class and even he took some time killing Carnage Kabuto in the simulation thing Genos did. And the Genos from now still doesn't compare to him, yet has much better power than the one from the House of Evolution Arc.

Back