• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it possible, that character with infinite speed can be faster than other character with infinite speed?

Mathecally no, infinite =/= infinite, so there's no number above infinite and yet called infinite. There's something called aleph-null related to transinfinite, but no verse in history brings it up (and even implying that someone here understand it).

It is possible. It is fiction so infinite can be greater than infinites. Same as how 4D is infinitely above 3D yet it's not High 1-A in tier (since both are infinites, even though H1A is infinite infinites of infinites it's still infinite).

Though yes it is. Think of infinite speed as living in a time stop. If both of us live in a time stop that would make us infinite relative to anything other than us. Though if you are as fast as the average human and im twice as fast as Usain Bolt then i will be faster than you even though we are both infinite.

Speed however is something that only apply to 3 + 1 D, similar to how size only apply to 3D; one can't have infinte speed and yet be as fast as another one or finitely faster/slower than other.

So if there were multiple characters with infinite speed in one verse but one of them was faster than the others would the others be downgraded?

That's why this is fiction Anton.

Time Stop is as i said infinite time stop. Relative to you nothing moves. So inside the time stop it would be treated as normal speed by many verses. In fiction yes you can be faster than infinite while being still infinite.

DragonEmperor23 said:
So if there were multiple characters with infinite speed in one verse but one of them was faster than the others would the others be downgraded?
No, that's even worse xD.

Someone with infinite speed is infinitely faster than anyone with any finitely number of speed or even any dude with a countably infinite speed level.

They could be infinite as long they weren't scaled, it would be via statements; otherwise, the character is infinite and the other aren't or neither are infinite, unless they are using the aleph-null stuff that I still do not understand (assuming is not theorical, that I think it is).

As for time stop, I dare to say that everyone just are immune to timestop, possesses temporal lock or transcend time and aren't quite infinite in speed.

I said Infinite speed can be viewed as a time stop. Idk what you're trying to say with the temporal lock and immunity. If the verse treats infinite speed as a time stop then it's possible to have several people at infinite speed.

Like how Giorno Giovana and Heaven Ascension DIO are both infinite even though Dio cought up to Giorno Giovana (which is something i heavily disagree with [ i mean i don't agree with either having infinite speed, it's just a missintepretation of feats]), but the wiki accepted it just fine.

Iirc, some staff were planning in discuss about Giorno's speed but I'm not sure.

Sorry, I though you were refering to moving in time stop, yes, in theory, someone has infinite reactions will see everything frozen, and it will remain frozen for eternity for it.

Which were my first problems with the infinite speeds. Such as how Enrico Pucci has Infinite speed stat even though he has "acceleration".

You can't accelerate or decelerate to or from infinity. You are infinity and that's it.

And a bunch of other problems with infinite speed since you cannot interact with non infinite beings like...at all.

You will be stuck in a permanent time stop you cannot get out of, etc.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1709746

All things i have previously mentioned about Infinite Speed.

Guess is true, having infinite speed would mean infinite acceleration, and one can't have infinite speed without infinite reactions otherwise it would be a suicide.

But I do not kept track of Part IV, so can't help beyond that.

Antoniofer said:
But I do not kept track of Part IV, so can't help beyond that.
I have never seen or read Jojo, i just go around trying to debunk the profiles based on what i've heard. (i also did some calc for Jojo when ppl ask me)

Firephoenixearl said:
It is possible. It is fiction so infinite can be greater than infinites. Same as how 4D is infinitely above 3D yet it's not High 1-A in tier (since both are infinites, even though H1A is infinite infinites of infinites it's still infinite).
Though yes it is. Think of infinite speed as living in a time stop. If both of us live in a time stop that would make us infinite relative to anything other than us. Though if you are as fast as the average human and im twice as fast as Usain Bolt then i will be faster than you even though we are both infinite.
I know this thread is probably a necro, but that analogy doesn't make sense. It sounds like you're mixing an infinite speed character with a time-stop resistant character.

No. It's about time and speed relativity. If you move at infinite speed then the world will not move. "Time will stop for you" as in you will be so fast nothing will move in the slightest, no matter how much you wait. Think of 2 characters with this trait. For both characters time doesn't move because they are too fast, though relative to each-other they can still move normally. And therefore a character with infinite speed would be best treated as living inside a time stop. 2 Characters with infinite speed, are living inside the same time stop. Though both can move and be faster relatively to each-other.

Except with infinite speed, one can travel any distance and get there in 0 seconds.

I'm aware of what you're trying to say, but what you are saying is a scenario where two finite characters are actually in a time stop, so they're pseudo-infinite.

For two true infinite characters, those characters can move at whetever speeds they choose to, so there is no limitation on how fast they move. In order for one infinite character to be 'faster' than the other is if one intentionally holds back.

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Except with infinite speed, one can travel any distance and get there in 0 seconds.
I'm aware of what you're trying to say, but what you are saying is a scenario where two finite characters are actually in a time stop, so they're pseudo-infinite.

For two true infinite characters, those characters can move at whetever speeds they choose to, so there is no limitation on how fast they move. In order for one infinite character to be 'faster' than the other is if one intentionally holds back.
Ofc i am aware of what "infinity" means. That's why this is fiction.

Is it possible in fiction for an infinite dude to be faster than another infinite dude? If Suggs can make ppl stronger than omnipotent then yes it is, because it's fiction. It depends on how the author sees/interprets infinite speed.

Is it actually possible for that to happen? Around 1 billion logical, mathematical and physical (starting from being faster than light speed, to mass, to the concept of infinity etc,) laws say no, but one can try i guess.

This is what i meant. It's not literally possible, but it is fictionally possible depending on how the author views it.

That response is literally an entirely different argument altogether.

My response was about how your analogy didn't make sense. My response was never a refute against the "it's just fiction" logic at all.

I know high 3-A characters who can be superior to other high 3-A characters via scaling above them so I don't see why the same won't apply for two infinite speed characters.

Scaling between High 3-A is the same issue, infinite is not above infinite, so one of them is not High 3-A or neither of them is High 3-A

What can I say Fiction sometimes has its own rules and has to be judged accordingly.

A fictional character following real world logic is fine as a default assumption, but not as a rule, where if they break it their feats would have to become invalid. If you have a high 3-A feat you're high 3-A and if someone stomps you then he's a stronger high 3-A, doesn't matter if our own laws say otherwise.

Infinite is one the thing difficult to prove, if someone supposedly being High 3-A turns out to be weaker than another being from the same plane of existance I would remove the High 3-A from that guy; the difference between both characters are finite? Then both of then wouldn't be High 3-A. Similar what omnipotence used to work here (or still works?).

A fight between 2 High 3-A is not possible to determinate the winner (unless hax fight), because there's no way to known what infinite is above the other, same apply to speed.

There couldn't be two tier 0s (before the revision) because a verse's tier 0 was supposed to be the absolute most powerful being in that verse and having an equal would directly go against how it was defined on the wiki. Not because it contradicting the real world notion of infinity was unacceptable.

High 3-A is not remotely the same case.

Is essentially the same: both characters are limitless in the same system, and thus can't be determinated who is stronger/weaker than the other; one character is x times stronger/weaker than the other one (or equals) so neither can be truly limitless in the same system.

You could ignore everything of what I said, but that do not change the fact that there's still no way to determinate what infinite speed is above the other.

Regardless of what you think our standards regarding superiority over high 3-A characters are, can you at least that infinite characters should be treated in a same manner?

That's really the only thing in my argument that needs to be answered for this thread.

I do not get that question at all, but if refering to treat Infinite speed as the same way as Infinite Strength then yes (agreeing with the current method is another thing).

Back