• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is there a formula to calculate Reaction Speed?

I've been wondering if there's a pre-existing formula to calculate Reaction Speed. I've currently only been using the standard speed formula (v = s / t) so I'd like to know.

Reaction “speed” isn’t a real thing. Reaction time is though. Think about the ruler drop test. It’s harder to quantify in fiction ngl

I've been wondering if there's a pre-existing formula to calculate Reaction Speed. I've currently only been using the standard speed formula (v = s / t) so I'd like to know.
  • [ (Distance the projectile was away from the character when it was first fired in meters) - (Distance the projectile was away from the character when he/she started to move in meters) ] / (Speed of projectile in meters/second) = Perception Time of Character in seconds

Reaction “speed” isn’t a real thing. Reaction time is though. Think about the ruler drop test. It’s harder to quantify in fiction ngl
We call "Reaction time" as "Perceptions" now. Reaction speed is definitely a thing (It's basically the speed of your body reacting to something, not the timeframe, but the distance your body moves in that timeframe to dodge something), but it's fundamentally not really that different from normal speed calcs.

Back