• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issei Hyoudou vs Dante (Devil May Cry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Hyoudou Issei
Dante Devil May Cry

Two charmer swordsmen clad in red and black, simple concept enough.

Battle until KO or death, starts at distance of 100 feet and takes place in a random cathedral-like area, each has 30 seconds of prep but no prior knowledge, both in-character and at their strongest (except, of course, for Dante's Shin Megami Tensei appearance.)

Who wins? Stating your reasoning would be appreaciated.

Definately Dante. His DT form is much faster and stronger even if we take the "destroying Japan several times over" statement as a fact. Without that statement, even base Dante from DMC1 should be enough.

My bias side is screaming for Issei's victory just because i love the fanservice from his anime =3=

But... my serious side : I checked the both strongest stats from either side. It's seem like Dante has more advantage than Issei. His DT form has much more Durability than Issei and in the end, i guess he can one shot Issei but with high difficult

Diabolos Dragon would probably be enough to beat Dante. Even with his regular balance breaker boosting his usual number of times (14 before an action) with his mountain busting base feat he'd be at 6-B. With Diabolos Dragon outstripping even Crimson Queen by a colossal margin it'd be a safe bet that he'd win.

I read the spoilers for volume 20 and DD was able to put down Rizevam without getting a scratch though it was Fafnir who got the final hit in to actually kill Rizevam.

Perhaps... would he last that long, though? Remember, got to take everything into consideration.

Dante due to hax quick silver style and The bangle of time would help Dante with any speed issues (think Dante would be around as fast though) has a huge arsonal of weapons And Also Royal guard style which would let Dante block Isseis attacks and redirect All that damage back at him and finally Dante's Majin devil trigger would more or less be isseis down fall IMO

Boosted gear multiplies Issei's speed as well. Even if he's only Mach 1 (which he isn't, he's much faster) in base balance breaker form he'd be Mach 16384 by the time he does anything anyway as he usually boosts 14 times in the split second between actions. Royal guard also needs perfect timing to be effective and can't block multiple-hit attacks. Issei can also fly indefinitely an advantage Dante doesn't have.

Dante can fly in Majin Form. And it's not like Issei can hurt Dante unless we assume the Japan statement is true. And I highly doubt he can boost his speed 16,000 times.

The Everlasting said:
Dante can fly in Majin Form. And it's not like Issei can hurt Dante unless we assume the Japan statement is true. And I highly doubt he can boost his speed 16,000 times.

He doesn't have to boost 16000 times, each time DOUBLES his pre-boost power. He usually boosts 14 times before an action which comes out to 16k. Dante's Majin form is on a time limit, Issei's wings are not, not to mention Issei's got a lot more aerial combat experience than Dante.

The Everlasting said:
Then why isn't he Sub-Relativistic?
Also, again, he still can't harm Dante.

What do you mean he can't harm Dante? Dante never got permanent invincibility on any level. Dreadnaught takes a crapton of time to charge up (I'm decent at DMC and I never use it due to the unhandy charge time). Majin form is on a time limit and can only be used when he's on the brink of death anyway.

IDK why he's not Sub-relativistic. Talk to the admins, I personally don't care enough.

The Everlasting said:
Dante is Island Level and Country Level in DT forms, Issei is Mountain Level, do the math.

Boosted Gear...also DT RUNS OUT. Boosts do not until forced out by either damage or exertion.

INoto said:
Issei might take this, diabolos dragon is too OP.

OP? Well in combat yes...but it's quoted that after he exits the form his body feels a pain that "makes death seem pleasant" .

Phantasys said:
INoto said:
OP? Well in combat yes...but it's quoted that after he exits the form his body feels a pain that "makes death seem pleasant" .
Same thing happened when he unlocked his other modes. V21 will be focusing on vali but I really hope we get information about diabolos dragon as a whole. We'll be getting some hax feats by vol 22 most likely due to (you know, don't want to spoil here).

INoto said:
Phantasys said:
INoto said:
Same thing happened when he unlocked his other modes. V21 will be focusing on vali but I really hope we get information about diabolos dragon as a whole. We'll be getting some hax feats by vol 22 most likely due to (you know, don't want to spoil here).

Fingers crossed Vali gets a powerup that matches Diabolos Dragon...The dragon dick measuring contest is too much fun to end here!

Phantasys said:
INoto said:
Phantasys said:
INoto said:
Fingers crossed Vali gets a powerup that matches Diabolos Dragon...The dragon dick measuring contest is too much fun to end here!
Doubt it lol. Maybe he will unlock some old powers that albion had before he got sealed, like what issei and ddraig did.

Does Dante have any resistance to Divide or Penetrate? Since with Penetrate it can bypass at least city-island defense (not counting raw damage from the attack).

Issei has shown resistance against timestop so Quicksilver likely wouldn't work.

Dante. He has some respectable hax, and DT is simply superior to Issei's stats. With Quicksilver's slowing down time, DT Dante will beat Issei before the form ends. But it is a good fight, and Dante would have a pain in the ass trying to beat him.

EliminatorVenom said:
Dante. He has some respectable hax, and DT is simply superior to Issei's stats. With Quicksilver's slowing down time, DT Dante will beat Issei before the form ends. But it is a good fight, and Dante would have a pain in the ass trying to beat him.
Issei has resistance to timestop so Quicksilver wouldn't work. Penetrate can bypass defense and Divide can halve DT time.

Touhou ranfuku said:
Issei has resistance to timestop so Quicksilver wouldn't work. Penetrate can bypass defense and Divide can halve DT time.
Well, you stated it yourself that Penetrate bypassed city-to-island level defense. Dante with DT haves country+ level of defense. And even halving DT's time, it is still active for some time, enough to give Issei a hard time.

EliminatorVenom said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
Well, you stated it yourself that Penetrate bypassed city-to-island level defense. Dante with DT haves country+ level of defense. And even halving DT's time, it is still active for some time, enough to give Issei a hard time.
Where's the country defense of Dante? In the anime Abigail didn't actually do much as Trish and Lady held off the entire demon army until Dante came out. Both Quicksilver and DT use the same energy bar and Divide can halve it multiple times.

Issei also has Ascalon with holy damage, Dante who's a devil will get critical hit by it.

Touhou ranfuku said:
EliminatorVenom said:
Touhou ranfuku said:
Where's the country defense of Dante? In the anime Abigail didn't actually do much as Trish and Lady held off the entire demon army until Dante came out. Both Quicksilver and DT use the same energy bar and Divide can halve it multiple times.
Issei also has Ascalon with holy damage, Dante who's a devil will get critical hit by it.
Hmmm. This is true. How effective are critical hits though?

Also, something I noticed is that Issei himself has a weakness: "As a Devil and Dragon, he received extra damage from holy/light-based element or Dragon Slaying weapons". Dante has some of those, correct? I figure it would apply both ways.

First of all Penetrate pierces ALL defence. Even Rizevam's Sacred Gear Canceller ability was unable to cancel it. It's like piercing an anti-magic barrier with pure magic or superman tanking a crapton of kryptonite.

No, Dante does NOT have any Holy or anti-dragon weapons. Don't make shit up. The only weapon that can be considered holy in Dante's arsenal is Beowulf, but Issei's more of a dragon than he is a devil and he's covered in Balance Breaker's dragon armor and Dragon overcomes the weakness to light (Excalibur Mimic couldn't cut his dragon arm).

If anyone bothered to read my calculations on Issei's power then you'd know Issei IS indeed at Country-Continent levels of power and that's before Diabolos Dragon which is capable of channeling the [Infinite] of Ophis.

"Well you see...Ophis is infinite" -Ddraig

"That's cheating" -Rizevam

Also there's the fact that Dante's never directly shown high levels of DC. He killed Abigail who made a dimensional warp the size of a country but he's never directly shown that level of DC capability. Hell I don't even think warping space=true DC as the dimensional warp didn't destroy the parts of the world it covered as everything went back to normal after Abigail died.

Hello user of the NLF.

I think he does in DMC, but I haven't played Devil May Cry, so he may have a few in the main games.

That's assuming boosts are linear. Also, "infinite" is hyperbole.

He also tore open a portal the size of North America and dispersed all the clouds over it.

As it stands, Issei is only 7-A, possibly Low 6-B while Dante is 6-C and 6-B in DT Forms.

The Everlasting said:
Hello user of the NLF.
I think he does in DMC, but I haven't played Devil May Cry, so he may have a few in the main games.

He also tore open a portal the size of North America and dispersed all the clouds over it.

As it stands, Issei is only 7-A, possibly Low 6-B while Dante is 6-C and 6-B in DT Forms.

I've played the DMC games...he does NOT have any special weapons to harm Issei.

The Boosted Gear doubles the user's power from its previous state with each BOOST. Unless you're just going to assume that description is wrong, even though NOTHING even suggests anything like that, just because you feel Issei shouldn't be that strong...then I don't know what to say.

They've called Ophis infinite so many times in the LN without variation. I think it isn't hyperbole but okay...there's no official WOG as far as I know to confirm it so I'll give on this one.

Are you just quoting Dante's profile? The dimensional portal was dispersed after Abigail's death. There's still no guarantee that dispersing a magic portal has any correlation with striking power. All portals shutting down in the DMCverse is accompanied by a shockwave of sorts, this one was merely bigger.

Phantasys said:
First of all Penetrate pierces ALL defence. Even Rizevam's Sacred Gear Canceller ability was unable to cancel it. It's like piercing an anti-magic barrier with pure magic or superman tanking a crapton of kryptonite.
No, Dante does NOT have any Holy or anti-dragon weapons. Don't make shit up. The only weapon that can be considered holy in Dante's arsenal is Beowulf, but Issei's more of a dragon than he is a devil and he's covered in Balance Breaker's dragon armor and Dragon overcomes the weakness to light (Excalibur Mimic couldn't cut his dragon arm).

If anyone bothered to read my calculations on Issei's power then you'd know Issei IS indeed at Country-Continent levels of power and that's before Diabolos Dragon which is capable of channeling the [Infinite] of Ophis.

"Well you see...Ophis is infinite" -Ddraig

"That's cheating" -Rizevam

Also there's the fact that Dante's never directly shown high levels of DC. He killed Abigail who made a dimensional warp the size of a country but he's never directly shown that level of DC capability. Hell I don't even think warping space=true DC as the dimensional warp didn't destroy the parts of the world it covered as everything went back to normal after Abigail died.
Penetrate bypasses all kind of defense is a NLF, as for Rizevim going a bit loose he would be big island + level (Infinite Blaster negated his island buster attack, hit him and Rizevim survived). Issei (no Boosted Gear) damaged Rizevim with only dragon arms + Penetrate so I will put Penetrate in City-Island level.

Ophis with Infinite hasn't shown any clear feat so no idea how to gauge it.

Dante does have Holy Water as an item though I don't think he has used it outside of gameplay. Ascalon likely has the same effect like Holy Water.

The Everlasting said:
Hello user of the NLF.

The portal feat doesn't seem to be a power level show-off but a magic skill/ability, like how every high level Hollow in Bleach can open dimension hole but they don't have the power to actually break the dimension. If Abigail can indeed punch through dimension (like Issei vs Sairaorg) then the hole will stay there forever until someone plugs it up.

Hmmm... so I checked, and yes, Dante's got the Pandora and the Beowulf, both of which are of the Light element. I guess a question I should ask would be, "Does the Light element count as holy in this context?" Just curious.

ThePerpetual said:
Hmmm... so I checked, and yes, Dante's got the Pandora and the Beowulf, both of which are of the Light element. I guess a question I should ask would be, "Does the Light element count as holy in this context?" Just curious.
Even if they do they're going to be rather useless as even Issei's dragon arm was able to ignore a blow from an Excalibur's holy element. Issei's going to be covered head to toe with Dragon element armor.

Dante will win

Remember how he destroy abigail, a demon opened a hellgate in a continental scale(watch the final episode of DMC anime). Dante straight up detroyed the demon in..just..one...slash.

Enough to take down this brat.

Also he defeated Mundus, who created a universe by flapping his wings.

Sparda form+Majin form+Weps+hax abilities=Dante wins

Danterocks said:
Dante will win
Remember how he destroy abigail, a demon opened a hellgate in a continental scale(watch the final episode of DMC anime). Dante straight up detroyed the demon in..just..one...slash.

I thought this was an intelligent discussion, if you're just going to fanboy please keep it to yourself.

Phantasys said:
Danterocks said:
Dante will win

I thought this was an intelligent discussion, if you're just going to fanboy please keep it to yourself.
Like what Phantasys said.

What makes him a fanboy? Opening a portal across a continent and splitting the clouds over it (Which can be applied to AP) is a legit feat. Mundus did create his own universe filled with stars, but it's on the fence on being an accpeted feat or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back