• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Balance Breaker Issei and base Gardevoir (Gardevoir can Mega Evolve).

Issei Hyoudou. Gardevoir.

Issei sees a pretty girl and things ensue. Speed equalized.

!Issei Hyoudou Boosted Gear Balance Breaker
¡The oppai dragon king arrives!

Gardevoir2
Tfw specifying Gardevoir's gender would actually matter in this fight

The real cal howard said:
Tfw specifying Gardevoir's gender would actually matter in this fight
Gardevoir can only be female. The opposite is only propaganda

Are we using the Alakazam feat, the Abomasnow feat or the Starter Pokemon feat here?

ik it says alakazam feat on gardevoir's profile but there's a lot of mons profiles so they might not get updated for a while

Also wouldn't verse equalisation mean that Gardevoir have the type advantage here? She should win very easily

Ok

Being a bit below 30 gigas vs being a fair bit above 5.9 gigas means that Gardevoir should have the definite AP advantage to start with.

Gardevoir has better precognition and better intelligence, along with having the type advantage. Issei can boost, but mega evolving should keep the gap wide enough for Gardevoir to pick up a quick W

Voting Gardevoir low-diff

By verse equalisation, Issei should be considered a dragon type, meaning that Gardevoir's fairy type attacks do twice as much damage.

yeah, but I'm preeetty sure if Gallade was a thing in gen 3 he'd have it there

Bump. Given the General Pokemon upgrades (that I haven't finished yet), Issei is at his strongest.

I don't think verse equal works that way. In the Issei vs Alolan Eggxecutor someone said that they're both not technically dragon types so it wouldn't go into effect.

This is DxD Issei now?

Then I vote Issei since he can use Boost to make himself stronger, Divide to make Gardevoir weaker, precog to dodge attacks, and Reflect to reflect projectiles.

DragonEmperor23 said:
This is DxD Issei now?

Then I vote Issei since he can use Boost to make himself stronger, Divide to make Gardevoir weaker, precog to dodge attacks, and Reflect to reflect projectiles.
My vote for Issei due to above comment/explanation

Dude, Gardevoir has the means to make herself stronger, Issei weaker, has precog of her own, and has the AP advantage.

Mega evolution only makes her 30% stronger, while her debuffs have no number besides the terrain one. Issei's buffs and debuffs are stronger because each one makes him 2X stronger and each Divide makes Garde 2X weaker and takes that half of the power for himself. What is her precog?

I wasn't referring to Mega Evolution. I was referring to Calm Mind. Even then, the 30% Foe Mega Evolution only comes from stat comparing, which we...don't do. Pretty much every bit of lore revolving around Mega Evolutions has it far more than a mere 30% boost.

I won't act like Issei doesn't have the better boosts. Because he does. Still has deal with the AP gap along with whether or not he can boost/divide enough to match Gardevoir reaching NLF territory.

Gardevoir has not only the ability to see and predict the future, but she also has instinctive reaction on top of that.

What's the AP number for her? There wasn't a link on the profile. There isn't anything NLF about it, it's just statistics reduction and amplification. Issei's precog is better than that. Gardevoir will just see him dodging her attacks, because his precog tells him exactly what Gardevoir's going to do and what direction she'll do it in. His precog negs her instinctive reactions because her body is literally telling him what direction she'll dodge in.

DragonEmperor23 said:
What's the AP number for her? There wasn't a link on the profile. There isn't anything NLF about it, it's just statistics reduction and amplification. Issei's precog is better than that. Gardevoir will just see him dodging her attacks, because his precog tells him exactly what Gardevoir's going to do and what direction she'll do it in. His precog negs her instinctive reactions because her body is literally telling him what direction she'll dodge in.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt that Issei can do his breast communication thing from 4KM away.

Base Gardevoir is 30 gigatons, Mega Gardevoir is a LOT more than that

294 gigatons.

There can quite easily be some level of NLF about it, actually. Who's to say that he can't Divide on Frieza and make himself 3-A like that by stealing the stats, for example? While this isn't anywhere near as severe, he's still fighting someone who's a good deal stronger than him and has their own statistics amplification and reduction. He'll need a heck of a lot of Boosts and Divides to make them equals, and too many will lead to NLF.

Firstly, you're aware that Gardevoir doesn't...strike, right? She has no physical attacks. All of her moves are either energy attacks or telekinetic attacks (well, there is the kiss). Secondly, I could turn that right around and say that Gardevoir plans around his dodge by making her attacks impossible to dodge in time. Thirdly, both of them, stacked upon each other (precog and IR) in no way is inferior to Issei's precog. It seems like Issei can just foretell what his opponent's body is going to do, which will always be inferior to actually seeing the future. In the best case for Issei, it cancels out. Fourthly, mind elaborating on the precog just in case I'm wrong?

I'm pretty sure Issei's breast talking is line of sight but I'll ask Burning to make sure. So it would go Issei: 4.95 gigatons -> 303.9 gigatons (after one Boost and one Divide) Gardevoir: 147 gigatons (after one Divide) I don't see how this would be a lot of boosts and divides? Well, for one what impossible to dodge attacks does Garde have? And two, Issei would know that is what she's going to try to do. It's not foretelling, it's literally the opponent's body directly telling him "I'm going to use this move or I'm going to move in this direction" I know she doesn't punch but this is just an example. Let's say she tried punching him with a right hook and he dodged by going left, if she foresaw this and changed the direction she was going to punch in, then he would just dodge in the other direction because he knows what she's going to do next. If her instinctive reaction was to dodge to the left, then Issei would correct his aim to the left because he knows that's the direction she's going to dodge in. His precog = He can listen to their thoughts and strategies, and is useful for gaining knowledge on their plans, techniques and possible weaknesses, eliminating the chance of getting caught off guard and allowing him to stay one step ahead of them.

Wait, Issei's precog comes from breast reading? You know Gardevoir doesn't actually have breasts, right? As attractive as she is, she's still a monster, as much as I hate to admit it, and those only exist in fanart.

DragonEmperor23 said:
>Boost/Divide

Like I said, NLF. Major NLF. The Frieda analogy wasn't far off after all. After one Boost and one Divide, Issei'd has the AP advantage on anyone. Be it Gardevoir, Saitama, Thor, Kirby, etc.

>Precog

One, telekinesis and homing attacks. Two, that will quite always be inferior to seeing the future. Gardevoir sees Issei's endgame because that's what Issei will inevitably do and Gardevoir knows that. If Gardevoir sees Issei throwing a straight punch, that will be what he does after planning around her plan etc. Gardevoir van counter that because her actions can change while Issei's can't.

I'm unsure as how to respond to this. Do you want me to tell you a limit to this? Aren't all good hax game changers on people who do not have resistance/ a way around it?

Issei will be seeing the final result. If she makes a new plan after seeing the future, he would know it. Her final action would be what he would be learning. If she goes "He's going to do this in the future so I'll do this instead of that" Then he would know that and change his actions accordingly.

Statistics amplification/reduction isn't hax though.

Because Issei isn't above time, nor is he acausal, he won't. No matter what, if Gardevoir sees him dodging left, he's dodging left. How many plan-around-plans that'll take, I have no idea, but that'll still be the final result.

IIRC, doesn't Gardevoir's precog work by using her psychic power to rip holes in the dimension to see into them therefore connecting the past and present? If so, shouldnt that also give her reality warping or really good time manipulation too?

When Cal is too busy arguing for his waifu to give a bit of his time to other threads

Gardevoir can see the future, that's > Issei's precog as his is just body reading. If Gardevoir sees him doing something, he'll do it.

Isn't hax stuff that can't be done with AP or Dura?

This isn't body reading. Body reading is like Hit reading Dyspo's movements to understand when he's going to speed up. This is the mind of her body telling him with words in a description of what she's doing to do. How do you plan around this? This is the equivalent of telling someone you are going to move left and you have to move left but you're saying she's going to plan around doing the thing that's she's absolutely going to do.

Back