• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Issues with some Magic The Gathering pages

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
There's no reason as to why Kaya scales to Jace/The Gatewatch.

For one, Jace is one of the most renowned telepaths in the multiverse, and not all planeswalkers have the same destructive capacity. This is only furthered by the fact that she has never encountered or fought with the Gatewatch. For example, Huatli and Angrath don't scale despite them being neowalkers.

Her AP/Dura should be 10-A for now, I will be looking for feats in the conspiracy story we can actually use for her.

Similarly, I don't see where Koth gets his rating. "Indestructible" is a game mechanic that is highly inconsistent, and while Darksteel is described as indestructible by Mirrans, there has been no feats or statements of it being indestructible for planeswalkers such as the Gatewatch, who Koth hasn't even met.

That put, he is capable of casually causing volcanic eruptions, so we can tier him off of that.

Really, we shouldn't compare every neowalker to some of the most powerful neowalkers there are.

Yeah, Jace is only really weak in comparison to the rest of the Gatewatch. He's not baseline planeswalker by any stretch of the imagination.

Unsure about Koth, but he shouldn't scale to 4-A off of Elspeth, as she wasn't 4-A when she fought him.

Thanks for the fix, Dark.

I'll see who else I can message about this, IDK if Azzy is familiar with most of the neowalker stuff.

Bump.

Guess I'll message Azzy, hope he's not too busy.

Bump again.

Also, Elspeth should have a pre-Theros key, as receiving Godsend and Heliod's blessings gave her a considerably large power boost.

It would likely be canon to D&D, but not Magic: The Gathering unless there is confirmation in the official MTG story or from WOG.

That put I'm more concerned about fixing our Planeswalker teiring as of now.

We'd need to find lower Planeswalker feats to scale everyone to but downgrading some pages from Low 6-B sounds fine to me.

Promestein said:
We'd need to find lower Planeswalker feats to scale everyone to but downgrading some pages from Low 6-B sounds fine to me.
Kaya doesn't have any feats other than surviving a scream that shook doors and shattered glass, however I was told I couldn't calc that feat.

Koth can cause a Volcanic Eruptio, which I could use Mt. St. Helens's force (25 megatons) as a decent match for it (I believe most violent volcanic eruptions are around 7-B). This would place him, Venser, and Pre-Theros Elspeth at 7-B.

I actually have issues with the current Low-6-B ratings, however that's for another thread.

lol nevermind Kaya's going to scale right tf back up later this year

I'd still rather downgrade her and Koth for now, though.

Tumblr pefvw6cdLy1qia2dho1 1280

Speaking of which, didn't bolas undergo major changes in core set 2019?

Yes, yes he did.

Honestly I haven't been tracking down the story since Ixalan ended.

Might be good to see what got retconned/added in M19.

I think that Azathoth is knowledgeable about MTG. You should probably ask him to comment here.

Antvasima said:
I think that Azathoth is knowledgeable about MTG. You should probably ask him to comment here.
I have sent him a message.

Also, I'm planning on reading through a bunch of the older MTG Novels for feats, and will make a thread in a month or two about what I have discovered.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Why do we not have a commodore guff profile? He's absurdly haxed and the best MTG character.
Sadly most of the oldwalkers have their old feats and abilities in old, obscure novels that you can't get a hold of outside of online copies. I'll be reading through them to try and help flesh out the verse more here.

I would love to introduce profiles for Jeska/Page/Karona, Lord Windgrace, Feryalise, and others.

Kaya shouldn't scale for now, but I assume she will, soon.

Koth scales to Elspeth, though I really don't think non-Godsend Elspeth should be 4-A in AP or normal durability. Need to go back and read through Theros, again.

Bolas had some huge changes in M19 apparently. Haven't gotten around to reading it, yet.

Well, I suppose that the approved changes can be applied then.

Back