• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Itachi Uchiha vs Pain (Concluded)

After seeing Swagkage's video on this, I'd like to see what the wiki thinks of this match.

The battle takes place in the Rain Village, the same place Jiraya fought Pain.

This is Alive Itachi vs the Six Paths of Pain.

Speed is not equalized.

Both sides only have as much knowledge on each other as they would in canon.

Victory via any means whatsoever.

Who wins and why?

Itachi:0

Pain:9Lgamer099 99 Proxyisgod AnonymousBlank BruceTheBatma M3X Ayewale Celestial Judge Modernmyrmido C2 of Omego

Inconclusive:0

No low-effort reasoning. One-two liners like "lol x hax gg" aren't reasoning, not even close. And they won't be counted.

Itachi Vs Pain is always a good battle, but for me, Pain can solo because of the 6 Paths (6x1) and Pain possibly is stronger physically than Itachi. Pains could overpower Incomplete Sage Mode Jiraya, and Tendo can match with Sage Mode Naruto. The main problem for Pain is Itachi's mindhax, I remember Pains falling under Toads Genjutsu, but I don't know about ocular Genjutsu. If Pains can fall under thse types of genjutsu, so Itachi can mindhax them all.

The other side, Itachi can one shot all Pain with Totsuka, or the Animal Path at least and his summons. I don't think Pain's attacks can crack Susano'o or Yata Mirror. Pain has the advantage until Itachi figured out the Rinnegan's secrets, like the 5s Shinra Tensei and the vision stuff. A good team work + the advantage of the secret and the 5s, 6 Paths solo

Doesmt Pain have info on pretty much everything Itachi can do except for maybe his MS stuff? He will be ready for genjutsu so its likely Itachi might forgo it or jump straight to Tsukuyomi. I dunno how that would go since he does have Madara's Rinnegan and might be able to resist so I will just move on.

Pretty much everything else Itachi has will either get blocked by a summon, absorbed by the Preta path or Shinra Tensei'd by Yahiko. Meanwhile he will have to deal with a horde of summons, carpet bombing, any bodies he kills getting rezzed etc. And this is all on top his disease killing him while Pain can go for days (metaphorically).

Voting best Akàtsuki member. In hindsight, Tsukuyomi might not even affect Nagato himself since the Frog Song also failed to affevt more than the Paths targetted/there at the time.

Just some thoughts here.

People also tend to overestimate Alive Itachi's stamina a little bit. I think over one battle he can only cast Amaterasu like 2-3 times, and Tsyukiyomi 3 times or so. That, and his Susanoo was destroying his body a little as well.

That being said, the Genjutsu may not even work, since the Rinnegan is a superior dojutsu. Though I have no clue how Itachi's MS genjutsu would affect Pain.

A good fight, but I think Pain takes this, Itachi hasn't got a good stamina. I would say that Edo Itachi has a better chance of winning!

I forgot about the Susanoo tbh though even that won't be a problem for Pain as he can just Bansho Tenin Itachi out of it like Gaara vs Madara. Shouldnt be too hard to think of considering he is a master tactician who can combo six bodies he is fully controlling simultaneously. I dont see Itacbi getting close with the Totsuka blade since the only time he'd be using it is if Pain forced him to, Pain slapping people away most of the time.

Edo Itachi can spam his abilities more but he still encounters the same problems as before. Nothing he has is really gonna land aside from maybe MS jutsu. Thing is, Ama gets dispersed, Susanoo can get countered unless Itachi can get close enough without getting slapped and Tsukuyomi is maybe iffy on on working.

His regen is problematic but not impossible to get past. Pain could do what he did to Naruto and combo Bansho Tenin/Human Path or just Chibaku Tensei Itachi (and probably the Susanoo he has out at the time).

Should I switch to Edo so it's a closer battle and not as one sided? Or leave it as it is?

Also, thank you all for putting effort into your arguments.

yeah the number games are to much, then considering the fact that if the animal path starts spamming summons itachi will simply get overwhlemed, and theres no way he knows one path can bring back the dead

ima go with pain, edo itachi i can argue since hes relative to kcm naruto bee and nagato in speed

Paths of Pain take this battle with low diff. Itachi's Ninjutsu inluding Amaterasu and Susanoo can be countered by the Petra path. Animal Path can exend their group's vision. Genjutsu like Tsyukyomi are single target and will not affect the other paths (assuming that MS trumps a superior dojutsu, which I highly doubt since EMS Madara considered the Rinnegan to be stronger). And overall mobility and strength will be on the Paths side. Not to mention that the Yata mirror is not a 360 sheild and the fact that Tendo can pull Itachi out of his Susanoo. This is actually a poor match up for Itachi.

Proxyisgod said:
Paths of Pain take this battle with low diff. Itachi's Ninjutsu inluding Amaterasu and Susanoo can be countered by the Petra path. Animal Path can exend their group's vision. Genjutsu like Tsyukyomi are single target and will not affect the other paths (assuming that MS trumps a superior dojutsu, which I highly doubt since EMS Madara considered the Rinnegan to be stronger). And overall mobility and strength will be on the Paths side. Not to mention that the Yata mirror is not a 360 sheild and the fact that Tendo can pull Itachi out of his Susanoo. This is actually a poor match up for Itachi.
Stop necroing threads.

Ayewale said:
Proxyisgod said:
Stop necroing threads.
I don't see any rule that states that I cannot comment on an old thread.

Alive Itachi loses against Pain and Nagato. Alive and healthy Itachi wins against Nagato but would possibly tie with Pain (so Nagato wins even if all the 6 bodies are gone). Edo Itachi wins against Edo Nagato.

Back