• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

its time for king (one punch man) to scare daylights out of everyone

this crt is for king (opm) to have minor/limited fear manipulation vis the king engine aka his heart beat
pretty sure others also think king should have minor/limited fear manipulation as well.

if no one knows what the king engine is
  • King Engine: Villains feel a chill that runs from their spine to their feet as they feel the strong rumbling of the King's Energy. As they gaze into the hero's cold eyes, they feel the bloodlust and power building up, hidden beneath his stoicism. Instantly, they surrender in fear. In reality, though, the King’s Energy is just the hero's strong, rapidly increasing heart-beats, an indication of the panic that King hides beneath his expression.
in simple terms, his heart beat makes a sound that causes fear.

What would it fall under then? because its not just spooking people its scaring them to the point were they can barley move and sweat bullets.

i think it would fall under fear manipulation for 2 reasons
  • Fear Inducement: The most simple form of Fear Manipulation. This is simply the ability to make the target feel frightened in some form or another. The severity of this can range from frightening them to causing them to deathly insanity.
Biochemical: Characters possessing this type of fear manipulation use either biological, chemical or biochemical methods to affect their opponents.
i sorta falls under bio since kings heart beat is causing paranoia/fear into whoever hears it
kings heart uses biological responses that can trigger fear into the brain as well as a his face which can scare some monsters/people at first glance

Last edited:
Both translations say the same thing basically; the Tongue dude partially recognized King before it was confirmed that it was King.

Personally I'm good with that. Well its either than or just an expanded Social Influencing thing.

Would everyone be alright with Limited Fear Inducement with King Engine or something along those lines? Does anyone have any objections or suggestions to that?

Inducement sounds better than manipulation. But at the same time it does seem more of a reputation thing than anything.

Going back to Tongue Stretcher at first he had no idea who he was and was scared, but then he later recognized King. I wish we had more feats for King Engine (lol) outside of that encounter with Tongue Stretcher he hasn't be able to use it much in the manga. I guess it could be agued as more of a reputation thing because people are scared of King and when they hear the King Engine it just makes them even more scared of him due to the rumors about him. Unless I'm missing a scene or we can categorize it has something else like intimidation or something like that.

Inducement sounds better than manipulation. But at the same time it does seem more of a reputation thing than anything.
I agree with this. Social influencing is probably fine though.

Back