• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It's time. (Q vs Mister Mxyzptlk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeyu

VS Battles
Retired
Mxyrender

Q render

Scenario: After Q-Prophet has effortlessly defeated the Pah-Wraiths and returned the displaced captains to their respective continuities, he decides to travel the scope of infinity. But, in doing so, and due to the nature of comics, he eventually meets an opponent he can consider his equal, the equally "omnipotent," and almighty Mister Mxyzptlk. Not willing to accept the other's dominance over the scope of the 5th dimension, they decide to settle their differences once and for all.

Q's Prophet form will be used, in this instance. (High 2-A, possibly higher)

Both are in character.

Who wins and why?

Q-Prophet: 2

Mr. Mxyzptlk: 3

Inconclusive: 1

Mxy bypasses that casually.

Anyway, Mxy, he can do what he's done before and Blow up the entire 5th dimension, bypassing the dudes regen and killing him for good.

All three rounds? You sure about that? There's three rounds here.

Individual Q

Q Continuum

and Q-Prophet

It literally says Round 1, round 2, and round 3 on the page though. And...even against possible High-Godly regen and resistance to another 5-D being's ability that could wipe out existences? (Not to mention highest-grade Law Manipulation and Physics/Higher-D manipulation? Btw, that strongest form transcends the entire Continuum put together. (No spite to Mxy, I like his character a lot too)

I suppose I'll add both, though.

I thought rounds were banned and they are, so I never really payed attention.

Retract my vote because I didn't see High Godly.

Rounds are banned? Can you point me to the rule that says as much? I'll change this to whichever is more fair (Can do the whole Continuum if that would be more fair, since the High-Godly thing might be too inconclusive/make stompy.) Doesn't Mxy also have high-grade Plot manip though?

Okay. I can change it. Which should I change it to? (To make it more fair) I await replies.

True, but destroying an entire dimension is something that could be survived with High-Godly regen (not to mention he possibly could just teleport himself away, even discounting the possibly High Godly, and just calling it Mid-Godly, by having precog of it due to omniscience and being able to see into higher dimensions even if that's not the case (which it is due to that). And also, I don't think that last part counts as anything more than PIS. He (Mxy) should for all intents and purposes be unrivaled by any lower dimensional beings. I also see his Plot Manip as a much bigger problem than his destruction abilities.

Do you want me to count your vote though?

Dmn, battle of the tricksters/trolls to their respective show's protagonists...

If it was base Q id say inconclusive (tho not sure how the continuum deals with plot based powers) but prophet Q should take this decisively as he should at least be comparable to dr manhattan.

Maybe I could do that one next. Not sure how he would deal with dat Law Manip, though.

Wait, if Dr. Manhattan can override his plot manip and casual 5-D destruction, why wouldn't Q be able to? Q's not a baseline High 2-A by any means, and has high levels of regen, not to mention being tied to a group of beings which collectively potentially infinitely dwarf him in power.

I vote for MXY, he's got a far higher experience dealing with people of similar levels to him, even other HIgh 2-A beings that have comparable powers to him fear him or still considered on a lower levels than him, and if we are using WF Mxy, he's killed an entire dimension of beings that are comparable to him, along with every other numbered dimension. And he casually brough them back with a flick of his wrist.

Even in normal continuity, other members of his species see him as both a nuisance and a pain in the ass. And we don't know the full extent of Dr. Manhattan's power, so his powers over the 5th Dimension might just be because of overall higher dimensional capabilities, which wouldn't matter to someone like Q.

Also, jokingly, Q would either find Mxyzptlk a kindred spirit, or the biggest pain in the ass ever. I need a crossover now.

Just keep in mind that this is Q's Prophet form, and not how's he's displayed in the show.

I have to vote for Mxy. Dude is considered unstoppable and superhuman even amongst the 5th Dimension. There's even stories where he solos the inhabitants of the 5th Dimension by himself.

2 things though. For one, the Prophet form is superior to an entire dimension full of non-baseline 5-D beings as well, and was going to solo an entire other dimension of 5-D beings (The Pah-Wraiths) by himself when even the combined might of the Q Continuum wasn't able to (And for context, he just stalemated Zeed)

Yeah, i would say that would be a challenge, Baseline Q stands little chance to Baseline MXY, and i don't even think the Q Continuum would be able to be a considerable threat to MXY at max potential, but Prophet is definitely the closest to MXY. But to be fair, 5D Imps aren't exactly baseline 5-D beings (they're pretty bullshit in terms of narrative hax and reality warping garbage) and Mxy is considered to either be the strongest of their entire race, or at least on the level of a being who can casually create other 5D beings who barely even have 1% of his actual power, and is generally considered a level of hax that most High 2-A wish they could achieve.

He's the top tier of ******* bullshit, even without stuff like WF (which i'm looking into more to see if it's really canon or not), which just makes him even more ridiculous (Soloing every numbered dimension in no time, and bringing them back, along with the rest of the DC Omni/Megaverse with little to no trouble)

The only thing i would give Q-Prophet is Mxy can act kind of stupid... but that's mostly just because he wants too. That and he rarely takes anything seriously.

It's a close one, but Mxy edges out in feats and experience, and (while this doesn't really matter) creativity with his powers.

How does he edge out in feats when their feats are essentially identical? Also, dat High-Godly regen and Omniscience tho

well since i already voted inconclusive for their base forms based on reasonings for both, and seeming Mxy can also think shit out of existence. Mxy acting stupid is just part of his troll-ish nature as he's a trickster/comic relief/logic-out-the-window-tossing SOB and doesn't in anyway translate to a weakness I'll give him that. But Prophet Q is also broken af, he can bust infinite multiverses which is the highest you can get on the High 2-A scale. Can Mxy do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back