• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Fight a Ninja (it's not what you think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Pretty much. That's why all MGs have "At least", because we know their blows can destroy buildings, but due to lack of visuals, it's not quantifiable. As for the anime, it only adapts the 1st arc, in which no MG is seen blowing a building. The only truly quantifiable feat comes from one of the "exceptions" I mentioned, Cranberry, who's High 8-C (confirmed by WeeklyBattles).

In these cases we assume they are baseline right?

Also, I don't think A6colute was voting for Ripple DodoNova2.

> When everyone ignores the fact that Deku one-shots horribly.

Deku should be able to hit her with four Delaware Smash, after all a guy who was faster than Deku and can "fly" couldn't dodge them all.

I know almost nothing about Ripple, but if she can't fly or move in the air, Gentle should be more agile than her.

Power is not everything. Ripple's ability to spam shuriken is endless, she can shoot more projectiles at once than Deku can shoot smashes, she will never tire, her attacks are always homing, and she will one-shot Deku if he gets struck in the forehead or neck.

Ripple being unable to fly doesn't mean anything here. She can dodge just as well on the ground or counter with her shuriken

Therefir said:
> When everyone ignores the fact that Deku one-shots horribly.
This is really annoying. I never even once denied that fact. Deku is most likely able to one-shot. I even affirmed that myself several times in the thread. But ONLY if he gets a clean punch on her, which he likely won't, bc of all the reasons stated previously.

Stop trying to make everyone who doesn't agree with you seem like an idiot! Stop low-key calling others stupid because they "ignore" what you said. Nobody ever ignored or denied that Deku can't one-shot. If anything, YOU keep ignoring the fact Ripple can one-shot (or at the very least, severely damage) IF she lands a shuriken or kunai in his forehead or neck, which, thanks to her unlimited ammo and faster spamming over Deku's Smashes, she will eventually succeed.

Even Antvasima proved my and Junkie's point when you asked him: that sharp objects, due to having a more concentrated energy on their tips, can harm characters on higher tiers. Just bc calculations are too hard to make in such attacking methods, it doesn't invalidate their effectiveness.

I don't know why you keep saying that she can one-shot Deku in the forehead and neck, there are several times he got hit on those places and he didn't magically die like you're claiming.

What reasons? I already debunked her air resistance thing, resisting air friction is not 8-C so she still gets one-shotted by Izuku's air attacks.

Izuku can defeat people who in weaker state can one-shot five people who each one is stronger than a guy who is 8-C+, can she even hurt him?

About her air resistance, this is what her profile says: "no matter where or how fast she moves or fights, she won't be hindered or slowed by air resistance".

Now I ask, how is this going to protect her against attacks that can one-shot people much, much stronger than her?

I must admit Therefir has a decent point. An air bullet may not slow her down, but it will hurt like a ************, if not outright incapacitate her instantly.

Again, I'm not denying that Ripple getting hit by an air bullet will hurt like a bitch. But Ripple can counter them with her weapons, or dodge them. And since wind won't ever slow her, she can escape faster than a regular character would. Ripple will be hurt IF she gets hit.

GoldenScorpions said:
Again, I'm not denying that Ripple getting hit by an air bullet will hurt like a bitch. But Ripple can counter them with her weapons, or dodge them. And since wind won't ever slow her, she can escape faster than a regular character would. Ripple will be hurt IF she gets hit.
Problem is that speed is equal. So sheer agility will only get you so far in that kind of scenario. Gentle Criminal was quite agile, and Deku could still tag him.

The forehead/neck argument is about piercing weapons, not bludgeoning or punches/kicks. Piercing weapons work differently compared to brawling. A couple of us made the point pretty clear.

GoldenScorpions said:
The forehead/neck argument is about piercing weapons, but bludgeoning or punches/kicks. Piercing weapons work differently compared to brawling. A couple of us made the point pretty clear.
Yes, I was the one that put forth the bulk of the reasoning for piercing weapons. Anyways, I'd like to see some scans of Ripple's agility if that would be alright.

I mean I know piercing weapons can hurt people in higher tiers but saying that she can one-shot him is an exaggeration.

Like I said before, this "piercing" thing should be explained more.

I'd need to look through Volume 1 for that and look for fights Ripple takes part in. It'd be the most reliable source if there are indications of her agility. The anime would be hard to look at, due to camera slow-mo. (She can dodge magically-empowered shotgun bullets from Calamity Mary at close range, at the very least; always Hypersonic+.)

GoldenScorpions said:
I'd need to look through Volume 1 for that and look for fights Ripple takes part in. It'd be the most reliable source if there are indications of her agility. The anime would be hard to look at, due to camera slow-mo. (She can dodge magically-empowered shotgun bullets from Calamity Mary at close range, at the very least; always Hypersonic+.)
Don't forget, speed is equal here.

Therefir said:
I mean I know piercing weapons can hurt people in higher tiers but saying that she can one-shot him is an exaggeration.
Like I said before, this "piercing" thing should be explained more.
A CR thread would be needed then, I guess, to discuss piercing/slashing weapons. And, at the very least, it would severely damage Deku. Getting pierced in the head is gonna hurt immensely. If she lands 2-3 shuriken, it'll be enough to kill.

My vote is still on Ripple. 21 hours of Grace left. And it is general consensus that a weapon of Tier X can hurt beings that would give a durability stomp (5x+) against people without them, even if that's often not enough to eliminate the stompiness of a stomp.

5x is not the difference between Deku and Ripple, that is the difference between the people who Deku stomps.

I mean, are you all sure that the piercing thing should be enough? I think the difference between Izuku and Ripple is so high that he should not be harmed by Ripple's attacks.

Izuku should be technically High 8-C, but stomping someone is not quantifiable, or that's what I heard.

>>> = One-shot

>> = Much superior

> = Superior

Izuku 20% >>> Izuku 8% (Deku 20% stated that he could one-shot Fusion Chisaki) = Gentle Lover Mode boosted > Gentle Lover Mode >>> Five pro heroes >>> Yo Shindo (Each pro hero should be superior to Yo Shindo) = 1.17 tons or Building level+ =< Deku 5% >>> Gang Orca's henchmen (Izuku defeated 3 of them with one kick) > 0.63 tons (They casually took an explosion at this level) > Ripple (Since she is building level via a statement, I assume she is at least baseline 8-C)

So, am I right or not?

Therefir said:
>>> = One-shot
>> = Much superior

> = Superior

Izuku 20% >>> Izuku 8% (Deku 20% stated that he could one-shot Fusion Chisaki) = Gentle Lover Mode boosted > Gentle Lover Mode >>> Five pro heroes >>> Yo Shindo (Each pro hero should be superior to Yo Shindo) = 1.17 tons or Building level+ =< Deku 5% >>> Gang Orca's henchmen (Izuku defeated 3 of them with one kick) > 0.63 tons (They casually took an explosion at this level) > Ripple (Since she is building level via a statement, I assume she is at least baseline 8-C)

So, am I right or not?
That scaling chain is enough for 20% to be baseline High 8-C really. Since Yo Shindo's AP is only 1.7x below baseline High 8-C

One Punch Man is 7-A scaling from an almost baseline 7-B feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back