• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jack Horner 5-B? Also abilities.

As the others said, I think it's more of a transmutation/petrification thingy rather than purification for Midas Touch.

Also regarding the scene showcased by the ball, I feel like it's what "could've happened" if he managed to get all the magic in the world. In any case, he never got his wish in the first place, so it would be a big assumption to give him a tier just because "if he reached his goal, this is what would've happen."

How is this Purification? Did you mean Petrification?
I spelled it wrong sorry lol
As the others said, I think it's more of a transmutation/petrification thingy rather than purification for Midas Touch.

Also regarding the scene showcased by the ball, I feel like it's what "could've happened" if he managed to get all the magic in the world. In any case, he never got his wish in the first place, so it would be a big assumption to give him a tier just because "if he reached his goal, this is what would've happen."
Well it was about to happen and the ball is a reliable narrator. I feel like a "5-B with all the magic in the world/with the wish" seems to make more sense to not add it.

It doesn't matter if he was about to. He didn't get it.
Then why does SCP-999 have it? He has mind hax because "It is prophesied that he will defeat the scarlet king"?
Seems like a very weird unwritten (?) rule not to add prophecys.

Then why does SCP-999 have it? He has mind hax because "It is prophesied that he will defeat the scarlet king"?
I'm not familiar with SCP-999. I'm just stating my viewpoint is that we shouldn't add a key for a hypothetical form that was never achieved.

There are a few characters I can think of that have keys for goals they could achieve (most noteworthy being destiny oryx (his ‘eventually’ section never happened)). I feel like that topic should be itself own thread. I don’t see why it couldn’t be a key if we know the character could have obtained it without outside intervention and what they would have gained if they did.

But I don’t know enough about this specific case to know if Jack would get a key for the magic or not.

But I don’t know enough about this specific case to know if Jack would get a key for the magic or not.
Basically at the end they burned the map and he died. If they didnt he was gonna get his wish and 5-B feat

I’ve been wanting to watch the movie for a while, so I’ll probably just get around to it tonight. If he still had a journey to go get the thing, I’m not sure it’s super safe to say he absolutely would have gotten it. But I feel like I’m missing context so I’ll watch the movie later (I don’t care much about spoilers, just want that to be known)

Basically at the end they burned the map and he died. If they didnt he was gonna get his wish and 5-B feat
Okay... but this is like adding a key for Frieza or Vegeta where they're immortal because both of them wanted to wish for immortality but were denied it by other characters interfering.

Okay... but this is like adding a key for Frieza or Vegeta where they're immortal because both of them wanted to wish for immortality but were denied it by other characters interfering.
Well if we have a good proof that they will get the immortality they can have a key where they got the wish but its not really necessary since its only 1 ability.

Well if we have a good proof that they will get the immortality they can have a key where they got the wish but its not really necessary since its only 1 ability.
My vote is currently against that. You will need to call for more staff members.

The other abilities are fine but I disagree with adding a key for something that never occurred.

That's because it is inherit within SCP-999 from their own potential and as a child of the Scarlet King.

It is different from Jack Horner because he is trying to steal it. Not that he has it.

That's because it is inherit within SCP-999 from their own potential and as a child of the Scarlet King.

It is different from Jack Horner because he is trying to steal it. Not that he has it.
Its still something in the future. 999 can die before that growth.

Its still something in the future. 999 can die before that growth.
Yes, but the key difference is that SCP-999 will eventually grow that strong because it was always in him.

Jack Horner has to steal the magic to get strong but it didn't happen. So he cannot have a key for something that never happened.

The ball doesn't seem to be showing what would happen, but what he wants to happen. And yeah, he shouldn't get a key for a power he never got.

The ball doesn't seem to be showing what would happen, but what he wants to happen. And yeah, he shouldn't get a key for a power he never got.
Disagree with that, the ball only ever showed stuff actually happening, is how he tracked the others, and i'm pretty sure it is based on those crystal balls that show the future

Though yeah, he shouldn't get a key for a power up he never got, at best this would make the wishing star and all the magic in the world 5-B, not jack

Disagree with that, the ball only ever showed stuff actually happening, is how he tracked the others, and i'm pretty sure it is based on those crystal balls that show the future
Except this isn't a future that happened, so it's clearly not what going to happen. This is him showing the cricket what he wants most.

Except this isn't a future that happened, so it's clearly not what going to happen. This is him showing the cricket what he wants most.
This shows a future that would happen if he got what he desired, the ball has never shown events purely made up, only stuff that was real, if it didn't happen is because it was simple a possible future

This shows a future that would happen if he got what he desired, the ball has never shown events purely made up, only stuff that was real, if it didn't happen is because it was simple a possible future
That isn't how a crystal ball works. It literally sees things. It doesn't see a possible future. It sees THE future. This "future" didn't actually happen, so clearly that isn't true. Now, if we apply some context, all Jack is doing is showing him what his wish is. And his wish is to have all the magic power. The ball just shows his mindset

is more so them influecing the characters out of sheer cuteness, jack was simple too evil to care, but also too petty to ignore the dog

i don't think resistance to social influencing is a thing tho

is more so them influecing the characters out of sheer cuteness, jack was simple too evil to care, but also too petty to ignore the dog

i don't think resistance to social influencing is a thing tho
If you phrase it like, "Can resist and/or not care about the cuteness of certain characters when said cuteness is an ability that can make people do what the cute character wants" it sounds like some resistance to me. It does fall into his "I'm just a villain" personality, but should still warrant something in my opinion.

In the vast possibilities that exist, a character could force a "cute illusion" on Jack Horner, which will not affect him. (the "cute" aspect, not the illusion itself)

That isn't how a crystal ball works. It literally sees things. It doesn't see a possible future. It sees THE future. This "future" didn't actually happen, so clearly that isn't true. Now, if we apply some context, all Jack is doing is showing him what his wish is. And his wish is to have all the magic power. The ball just shows his mindset
You literally contacted yourself. Lol

Wouldn't perito's eyes be considered limited morality manipulation as well, since they can turn just about anyone who also cannot use the eyes into peaceful and non-murderous?

Wouldn't perito's eyes be considered limited morality manipulation as well, since they can turn just about anyone who also cannot use the eyes into peaceful and non-murderous?
No? Being cute is not a superpower. Cause that's literally all it is. The puppy dog eyes that people like Kitty and Puss do is just them acting cuter. Perrito's no different

Back