• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jiraiya(Naruto/Shippuden) Vs. Muten Roshi(Dragon Ball/Z/Super)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiraiya

the max kamehameha would obliterate Jiraiya if it connects, but from all the times we've seen roshi using it it seems to require quite a bit of prep time and roshi to stand in 1 spot for a while.

it wouldn't work against an actual smart and fast opponent. he might have been able to hit the mindless oozaru Goku with it (instead of the moon, if he wanted to) but i doubt he'd ever be able to hit regular Goku with that, in that fight.

Jiraiya wins

Master roshi has impressive DC which is more than JIRAIYA but let's not make that a final judgment master roshi needs time to build up ki in order to use his full power attack also he gets one chance at doing it before it zaps away his entire power jiraiya been in wars and action too the story than roshi Jiraiya techniques are just too much for him as well

Well, even if it isn't saying much, didn't Roshi take on Frieza's men and beat them in Revival of F? I know Frieza's mean aren't that impressive but they still ae supposed Elite fighters.

Naruto The Bujin said:
Well, even if it isn't saying much, didn't Roshi take on Frieza's men and beat them in Revival of F? I know Frieza's mean aren't that impressive but they still ae supposed Elite fighters.
It's regarded as an outlier apparently.

Roshi sort of explained how he was able to beat Frieza's men. He was actually telling Krillin, "You have seen so many great fighters, including Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Cell, Buu, and Beerus. These punches should seem too slow for you." I think this also applies to him as well because he's seen them too.

I'm not sure if this is enough, or if it even does explain how Roshi got so powerful.

Most of Frieza's men were fodder except for Shisami and Tagoma. Some of them got killed by a giant fish. So beating them doesn't seem so impressive.

I can't really imagine dozens of guys much stronger than city busters losing to a giant fish. It was even stated they got a lot weaker since Frieza died.

I do remember that, maybe I just overestimated Frieza's men. But back to topic, we could use the Master Roshi from the original Dragonball, he did blow up the moon and fought against strong martial artists which included Kid Goku. He also displayed great speed, strength and intelligence.

Now for Jiraiya, he can use Rasengan, Summoning, Fire Style Techniques and Sage Mode. Master Roshi's attacks are even deadlier than Jiraiya's and cause massive amounts of damage, he also isn't slow by any means at all, in fact he is quite fast. But Jiraiya has versatility in Techniques.

In terms of character development and significance, Jiraiya had more impact in the end. He was Naruto's teacher and his death helped Naruto develop, though personally I think the series couldn't maintain it's quality after Pain or even some earlier arcs.

Master Roshi did have some impact earlier, even during the King Piccolo saga but in Dragonball Z, his role diminished and death was no longer a consequence.

There's really no way to say who would win without offending both series' fans.

Toriyama say than Roshi has always the power to beat the Frieza Soldier (they are at least comparable to Raditz or below)

Roshi easily. Able to beat up Frieza's men in ROF and still has trump card of that moon busting Kamehameha if it comes down to one final attack. Faster, stronger and more durable.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Didn't Jiraiya lose to a city+ level character (Pain)? Roshi.
That he did, MRegulator. Though to be fair, he was taking on like 6 of the paths of Pain.

Outlier?

Again, Toriyama said that he was always than powerful

He even gave an indirect than he was close to Krillin

jnetworkonline.com/2015/04/23/master-roshi-is-now-unbelievably-powerful-viewers-of-dragon-ball-resurrection-of-f-are-blown-away-creator-of-the-dragon-ball-series-toriyama-akira-gives/

KaenDragneel123 said:
Outlier?

Again, Toriyama said that he was always than powerful

He even gave an indirect than he was close to Krillin

jnetworkonline.com/2015/04/23/master-roshi-is-now-unbelievably-powerful-viewers-of-dragon-ball-resurrection-of-f-are-blown-away-creator-of-the-dragon-ball-series-toriyama-akira-gives/
The link seems legit, but that's my opinion. What would his tier be if it truly is legit?

Powerhouse and Damage based observation --> Roshi

Skill Set and Arsenal based Observation -> Jiraiya

We didnt saw Jiraiya's all jutsus .. His final fight aint allow it. But I Think Potentialy and due to near limitless sage stamina (thanks to elder toads) Jiraiya can take this match

Question, Why exactly is Jiraiya Small City level based of the kages when most of the kages and the other Sannin are only town level?

Also seeing as they can literally grow minions who are stronger than Raditz out of the ground it wouldn't be unreasonable to asume the fodders are close to him.

Either way since Jiraiya is only town level with durability I going to say this win goes to Roshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back