• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Joseph Joestar vs Dio Brando

Next you are going to say "I, Dio, will kill you!"

"I Dio will kill you!

H-Huh...?" Pre-training Joseph

Phantom Blood Dio vs Battle Tendency Joseph.

Dior
I bet he has a lot of costume potential

Joseph EoH
The luckiest man on Earth

Speed equalized if needed.
Joseph has hamon crackers and Ceasar´s headband.

Ok, let's think on Joseph's feats for a second... Doesn't he kinda stomps?

Inconclusive. Dio would probably stomp although he obviously asspull do a win on a lowend santana meaning he could do that on phantom dio.

Didn't Joseph defeat Straitso, who is still comparable to Dio?

By SBA, the fight takes place in Central Park, so even if he defeated Straitso only thanks to items, he will definitely find something in the middle of New York to use against Dio, I mean, he's ******* Joseph, he is creative enough to do it.

Nope. Straizo (and his words actually) didnt train and test his power out while dio did.

Straizo cant be scaled from phantom dio (he would actually be above early ohantom Dio thoygh ) .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Nope.
Straizo (and his words actually) didnt train and test his power out while dio did.

Straizo cant be scaled from phantom dio (he would actually be above early ohantom Dio thoygh ) .
No, let me address this argument.

First off, pre-vampire Straizo, is just as physically capable if not more than pre-vampire Dio. The transformation would not have created such a drastic difference between their power.

Straizo did not say he didn't trai , he said he did not want to explore the limits of his abilities , and that he would find all that shit out later once he killed Joseph. This is not him acknowledging he is weaker, it's him acknowledging that he isn't as knowledgeable when it comes to the limits of his vampiric power. Therefore, it cannot be used as an argument as to why Dio is stronger than Straizo.

This is why Joseph was able to beat Straizo without training, because Straizo was hellbent on using what he considered the best option, aka "The special ability that Dio killed Jonathan with!". Using the same move over and over opens up opportunites for your opponent to exploit you, and that's how he ultimately lost.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Ya are aware fresh vampires have a canonical listed strength and listed as of per cm for that matter also ? .
Around room .
Yes, I'm aware. Keep in mind, that's not all measurements on what vampires are able to do, that's only measurements for those specific things. (Jumping, punching.)

I don't know how relevant that to this fight though, a hamon kick would punch right through Dio.

Yeah. Punching and kicking. Physical strength lord. Meanwhile Dio trained for a month and had feats placing him far above that .

A hamon kick? Would freeze on contact probably ending with joseph getting ohkoed .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yeah. He only purposely his glove on fire and had multiple preparation and feats of experiencing the freeze move from dio .
Again, irrelevant to what I was proposing. I had said a hamon kick would punch through Dio, not that Dio wouldn't try to counterattack or fight against the move, and I had been mocked.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Yeah. Punching and kicking. Physical strength lord. Meanwhile Dio trained for a month and had feats placing him far above that .
A hamon kick? Would freeze on contact probably ending with joseph getting ohkoed .
Well there is a couple things going at play here. First we're getting these measurements from mouth, and assuming he didn't slip up or say something incorrect, a weak argument yes, but still valid.

Second of all, these test subjects they were using the stone mask on were NOT as physically capable as Dio or Strazio before they had the mask put on them, and could result in varying strength.

And how would they even get these calculations in the first place? Did they just ask a vampire to punch a wall, why would they listen? Were they put into high pressure situations, forcing a 100% effort, like Dio was? Have they been adaquetly fed, or are they malnourished? Too many unknowns.

These in-canon calculations should be used as a minimum, not a maximum.

Man. Exposistion. The quote exists for a reason. (Also straizo 235kgpcm grip wog and 4.5 meter currently ).

And yeah. Although straizo originally was far below phantom dio hence even if ya multiply his power by three he would be multiples below phantom dio .

Joseph fought and defeated straizo who is far below dio off of feats and wog calculation. Ya also then factor dio had much and way higher experience and joseph would get frozen probablt and ohkoed maybe even quicker than even needing a freeze .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Man. Exposistion. The quote exists for a reason. (Also straizo 235kgpcm grip wog and 4.5 meter currently ).
And yeah. Although straizo originally was far below phantom dio hence even if ya multiply his power by three he would be multiples below phantom dio .

Joseph fought and defeated straizo who is far below dio off of feats and wog calculation. Ya also then factor dio had much and way higher experience and joseph would get frozen probablt and ohkoed maybe even quicker than even needing a freeze .
Pre-mask Straizo was not physically weaker than pre-mask Dio, he was trained in Sendo and was even able to help take on hordes of zombies. Dio was a rugby player and did a little bit of boxing. Physically, they look the same, so if the mask multiplies your power, they should roughly have the same amount.

Joseph fought and defeated Straizo who was comparable to Dio. While Dio does have a lot of experience, he still tends to underestimate the Joestars, up until his death in part 3. His sadistic toying and straight-forward attitude present a lot of opportunites for exploitation. Joseph would get OHKO'd by his vaporizing freeze even with his hamon, but like I said, Joseph knows putting himself physically up against a vampire is a bad situation, so he'd run away and lure Dio into one that better suits Joseph, maybe catching him off guard with a Clacker Boomerang, or positioning himself right in front of an oncoming train, and having Dio lunge after him, getting hit by it.

Besides Straizo is listed as 8-B, and Dio is listed as 8-B, meaning your argument as to Dio being stronger isn't currently supported.

Ya well aware thats not what I meant and fresh straizo was more powerful than fresh dio. Fresh Dio was only wall and straizo was bare minimum low end building and high end large building .

Underestimating? He literally stoped doing that. Did ya forget dio could hear the train? Enhanced senses and explicitly enhanced hearing. And not be damaged by that at all? A train lacks the force and surface area mate. He could probably throw the train at joseph. He above tarkys which would have dio at class k power and lifting . Obvioysly excluding the fact dio could move out of the way? Hes how much faster than a train? Mach 22 movement for bursts of speed man.

Dude. Cut the shit. Me and jsw already told ya. And the manga itsepf gives a specific amount for straizo anyway .

Back