• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speed equalized

Round 1.-Young Joseph vs Base Edward. Round 2-Old Joseph vs Base Edward

"You are probably about to say...."

"I WILL TEACH YOU NOT TO CALL ME A KID ANYMORE!" "I WILL TEACH YOU NOT TO CALL ME A KID ANYMORE!"

Joseph joestar render by yuipuri-d90we55
Edward elric render by shirogane ken-d8ngdwr-0

Joseph via Dura negation, Hamon will also pass through the auto-mail arm as Metal cannot "conduct" Hamon, causing it to have to pass through to something else as soon as it can, Joseph can also easily aggravate Edward

He has also outsmarted the Pillar Men, who had both knowledge of Hamon and knowledge from living for thousands of years, as well as outsmarting Ultimate Kars, who was stated to have an IQ of 400, he's also very unpredictable, shown with his use of regular Clackers and string as weapons (which Hamon is able to pass through), Wammu, who is a battle genius, was unable to predict or react to Joseph's clacker boomerang, which he even said would come right back

Your next line is:

"Joseph - 1

Edward - 0"

Right?

I'm not sure if Hermit Purple will impact the fight all that much, so there doesn't seem to be too much purpose behind the two rounds. Aside from the Stand, Young and old Joseph are both about the same stat-wise.

Anyway, I vote for Joseph both times anyway. He seems to be a better fighter overall, and while alchemy might catch him by surprise at first, he'd probably develop a plan to get around it. Matter transmutation wouldn't vary too much from what he saw Kars do, and Kars was a far more experienced and intelligent fighter than Ed. Joseph wouldn't take too long to outwit him.

I mean... just throwing this out there... but can't Ed just clap and crush him in rock or something?

Not voting yet

Explain why Jojo is laughing when two building sized fists pop out of the ground on either side of him and crush him?

Sure he has Hamon and unpredictability, but that doesn't really help that much when you're being crushed between two walls that are too large for you to dodge or block.

Monarch Laciel said:
Explain why Jojo is laughing when two building sized fists pop out of the ground on either side of him and crush him?
Joseph will use one of his illusion tricks to get out of that situation.

Speed equal, should be able to dodge honestly. Joseph could potentially if he can somehow make contact with his arm as steel is a good hamon conductor. Not sure what he means by illusion tricks, maybe magic tricks aka bullshit he pulls out of nowhere that lets him win against things that can ohko him like vaporizing Esidisi with a piece of string.

He can't dodge if 2 walls 10 times taller than him and just as wide suddenly burst out of the ground on either side of him and crush him between them. With speed equal, it's a simple matter of distance. Both jojo and the walls can move the exact same distance in the same time. So for Jojo to avoid them, he needs to get out from between them before they can close on him. But if these walls are even half as large as say, the dome they trapped Pride in, he simply cannot move fast enough to dodge them before they close in on him.

I don't even know if that would work, as far as the wiki goes, Joseph and Ed are nearly the same (both about 2 tons of tnt) but Joseph has that in both AP and dura, which means he should become to tank and in character, Joseph is gonna play dead then get him with some hamon trick from behind and ohko. I guess it depends on the starting distance,if its close enough to where Joseph can sneak attack with range then he should take it.

The starting range is hundreds of metres as per SBA, which means Ed can attack numerous times well before Jojo gets close enough to attack. He could simply create a massive 200m diameter dome around Jojo that started 200m away so Jojo has no hope of jumping over it in time, then closing the dome around Jojo and crushing him. Or engulfing him in rock to stop him breathing, which would also stop the Hamon.

I'm voting Ed here.

On a side note, would Ed spam that in character even after Joseph playing dead (like he did against Whammu) as this isnt a bloodlusted match.

"The characters start as far away from each other as the highest range of the fighters is, but a maximum of 4 kilometers"

Ed's is the highest range here, so that's the distance they start at.

And he's more agile to boot. He'd be able to make more distance easily simply by throwing up walls and creating platforms to move on.

That doesnt answer my previous question. Joseph on the material can send a charge through it without it losing and power, water and metal are two off the top of my head. Anyway in character would Ed run away or keep massive distance and spam stuff like that. Edit:plus Joseph has the Red Stone of Aja here so he essentially has a at least large building+ (if not city, if the million fold statement is applied) spammable laser.

Back