• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jotaro vs Robbie Rotten

so uh
Would it be better if speed wasn’t equalized then? I’m thoroughly confused on what is happening
Jotaro himself is Superhuman with MFTL Reactions. He gets his Speed set to Average Human by Speed Equalized.
Star Platinum DOES NOT get set to Average Human by Speed Equalized because Stands are treated as attacks/techniques that are part of the characters; Thus, Attacks/Techniques instead get their Speed reduced by a multiplier equal to what was applied to the character.

Unfortunately, I'm unsure if it's the multiplier applied to Jotaro's Travel Speed (18.18 m/s to 5 ms meaning 3.63~ times slower.) or Jotaro's Reaction Speed (Reduced to Average Human, meaning billions of time slower.) or if it depends on what Speed type or what.

But basically, as is, how we classify Stands under Speed Equalization rules may need to clarify, as it seems it can let them cheese Speed Equalization to Speed Blitz DESPITE Speed Equalization.
"Stand Blitz", if you will.
then its incon because roboticus cant approach jotaro, but jotaro cant hurt roboticus.
Isn't that on the assumption that if a Stand voluntarily becomes tangible, it's still invulnerable to things without NPI?
As opposed to a Stand becoming voluntarily tangible to block an attack & then taking damage as a result. (& if it's not tangible, then Roboticus just runs through the Stand?)

Isn't that on the assumption that if a Stand voluntarily becomes tangible, it's still invulnerable to things without NPI?
As opposed to a Stand becoming voluntarily tangible to block an attack & then taking damage as a result. (& if it's not tangible, then Roboticus just runs through the Stand?)
Because it is. death 13 gifs that were shown proves that. doesn't matter if he becomes tangible, Roboticus still wont be able to hurt or even see it
Only_Stands_can_hurt_Stands.gif

Again, even with cracked speed equal rules, it's important to note Plat's AOE is actual garbage. No speed blitz is happening unless they enter CQC.

And if they entered CQC, they were probably ****** anyway.

He has higher LS right? The thing in this wouldn’t work
talking about the intangible part, not the lifting part, doesn't matter if star platinum punches roboticus, its still invulnerable if roboticus tries to throw a punch at star platinum (something it cant see)

True, he’s just gonna be going straight for Jotaro while Jotaro attempts to do enough damage to roboticus

Again, even with cracked speed equal rules, it's important to note Plat's AOE is actual garbage. No speed blitz is happening unless they enter CQC.

And if they entered CQC, they were probably ****** anyway.
Roboticus is a robot designed to out-athlete Sportacus. It doesn't HAVE options other than going into CQC, unless you expect it to outlive Jotaro & wait for him to die due to Type 1 Immortality. Then again, Jotaro can't hurt Roboticus, & Roboticus can't approach, as pointed out earlier, so they might indeed be stalemated for a long time, so....
it'll basically be a pong match with robbie and jotaro, using Roboticus as the ball.
Why would Roboticus be the ball? It's stronger than Robbie.
Or do you mean like Jotaro has Star Platinum punch Roboticus away, & Robbie indignantly tells Roboticus to get back up & kill the teenager, repeat ad nauseum?

What's LS looking like on robot lad? Don't see it.

I just asked about this elsewhere. This is from a Dream the pictured Stand (Death 13) controls & has Reality Warping in, which is probably why it can touch Polnareff but he can't; It's a dream & he's RW-ing it to not get hit in the dream despite Polnareff's efforts.

I just asked about this elsewhere. This is from a Dream the pictured Stand (Death 13) controls & has Reality Warping in, which is probably why it can touch Polnareff but he can't; It's a dream & he's RW-ing it to not get hit in the dream despite Polnareff's efforts.
Literally wrong, Death 13 immediately states "only stands can beat stands", as the reason why Pol is a idiot for even trying that.

And as you'd guess, Stands like HG can interact with Death 13 just fine even in his pocket reality.

If you don't like that example I can find others, atop of statements.

Literally wrong, Death 13 immediately states "only stands can beat stands", as the reason why Pol is a idiot for even trying that.
If that is the case, then I was misinformed. (& also, I didn't see any subs in that gif. & it's been a while since I've seen Stardust Crusaders.)

If that is the case, then I was misinformed. (& also, I didn't see any subs in that gif. & it's been a while since I've seen Stardust Crusaders.)
I'll add the raw and translated kanji to it in a bit then.

But no there's many, many, times where it's made perfectly clear that a Stand can punch you in the dick while you can't to it. Death 13, despite where it takes place, is of the former still, and Stands can very much beat his ass up if they ever came into his world (Which one did).

Good to know. So this is even more unfair because Star Platinum Speed Blitzes, & Roboticus probably wouldn't be able to get past Star Platinum unless Robbie told it to like, jump over the invisible thing preventing it getting closer to Jotaro.

Good to know. So this is even more unfair because Star Platinum Speed Blitzes, & Roboticus probably wouldn't be able to get past Star Platinum unless Robbie told it to like, jump over the invisible thing preventing it getting closer to Jotaro.
He could just like, AOE if he has any. Plat can't defend against omnidirectional stuff even if he wanted to.

then roboticus gets dick punched, dying instantly, dispite being a robot.

it hurts man

then roboticus gets dick punched, dying instantly, dispite being a robot.

it hurts man
Technically, Roboticus probably has more AP & Durability than Star Platinum. (Maybe if it were the multiplier that Jotaro's MFTL reactions were reduced by that Star Platinum's Attack Speed was reduced by, it would be fair?)
But even if Roboticus were like, Relativistic, that still means like, being punched in the dick, like, at least 10 times per second. Which is a cruel amount to inflict on any man or machine.
He could just like, AOE if he has any. Plat can't defend against omnidirectional stuff even if he wanted to.
Bruh.
Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1)
(Yes, that is all of Roboticus's P&A.)

Range: Standard melee range, several meters to tens of meters with discs.

Standard Equipment: Weaponized discs.

At best, Roboticus could throw a disc while Star Platinum is restraining it & maybe Star Platinum doesn't block it because.... Maybe it's holding other parts of Roboticus in place with its arms at the time?

Also, considering the arguments about how Stand Selective Intangibility works, Roboticus's Lifting Strength of "Unknown. Possibly at least Class G via powerscaling" may not actually help, despite otherwise allowing it to possibly outlift Star Platinum, who is only At least Class K, possibly Class M.

Freaking Stands with their Speed Blitzing in Speed Equalization & outlifting characters who SHOULD outlift them by our ratings.
Freaking Stand cheese.

Looking at Robbie's profile, he does have a different option to win:

Dimensional Travel, Explosion Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Time Travel, BFR via the 3D Hyper Scanner 6000

Annoyingly, the Streamable links used in the revision for it (Which a Reddit Respect Thread for Robbie used.) have since been taken down; Presumably they were only up for a limited time because of how Streamable is for Free Accounts. Maybe Gfycat is better for that?
Anyway, it seems like it should be Optional Equipment for Robbie (His Equipment section really needs a revision.), since it's 1 of Pixels inventions that Robbie stole to use.

Luckily, I was able to find what seems to be the relevant episode for its useage. Jump to 12:00 for when it's used to see it's range.
The name of the invention seems to be slightly different because it seems to be a different dub (Stingy's voice actor is different.), seemingly British English dub vs American English Dub.

So MAYBE Robbie uses the 3D Hyper Scanner 6000/3D Molecular Scanner (&, going by dialogue around 10:10. apparently it's an attachment for the big machine, as opposed to the big machine it seems to be used with?? The Big Machine is apparently just something Pixel uses to watch movies.) to BFR Jotaro.

Last edited:
Incon option, go back in time, **** jotaro's mom, become his dad in that scenario, has to leave for milk, fight never happens.
It seems to be Time Travel due to sending characters into Fairy Tales which take place in the past.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Jotaro's siring would be considered a Fairy Tale.

Just to sum things up, we agree that roboticus wouldn’t be able to take the win so we’re resorting to Robbie’s hax vs Jotaro?

Just to sum things up, we agree that roboticus wouldn’t be able to take the win so we’re resorting to Robbie’s hax vs Jotaro?
It would have to be that, though I'm unsure if Robbie's hax has the range. (Plus, it'd be difficult to scan Jotaro with him trying to react. If he does need Jotaro to stay still for it to work though, that might happen if Jotaro's the sort to flinch & talk, asking like "Yo, what the heck are you doing with that weird machine?!" instead of jumping out of the way.)

I don't know, I was just asking why it wouldn't
I don't know the shrink how it works. Maybe the shrinker whatever it is would weaken the victim, but I don't know about it, & if it operates anything like under real world physics, unsure shrinking would just do more than change the density. (Among a few other problematic effects.)

DOES Robbie have a shrinker invention??

Or do you mean the Littleizer 3000 which is for de-aging things? I'm not quite sure, but I don't think that thing has very good range at all. It'd need to be checked.

I don't know the shrink how it works. Maybe the shrinker whatever it is would weaken the victim, but I don't know about it, & if it operates anything like under real world physics, unsure shrinking would just do more than change the density. (Among a few other problematic effects.)

DOES Robbie have a shrinker invention??

Or do you mean the Littleizer 3000 which is for de-aging things? I'm not quite sure, but I don't think that thing has very good range at all. It'd need to be checked.
I was referring to the littleizer yeah

Bruh, Jotaro grabs a rock and tosses it at Robbie, killing him instantly.
Technically Jotaro is 9-B without his Stand, & Robbie is Small Building Level in Durability. It'd have to be Star Platinum doing that. (Which, if Robbie COULD Littleize Jotaro, wouldn't be an option.)

Technically Jotaro is 9-B without his Stand, & Robbie is Small Building Level in Durability. It'd have to be Star Platinum doing that. (Which, if Robbie COULD Littleize Jotaro, wouldn't be an option.)
Then Prime Star Platinum grabs a rock, throwing this rock that can go as far as 400 meters while using its omega precision to trickshot Robbie.

Would de-aging Jotaro even take away his stand? Not sure if it'd function like Alessi's
IIRC, he lost his because his Stand, which is a manifestation of willpower, manifested when he was 16. Looking at Robbie's profile, it has Memory Manipulation, so it may mentally de-age Jotaro like Alessi's Stand did; So even if Jotaro keeps the Stand, he might not remember he can use it.
Then Prime Star Platinum grabs a rock, throwing this rock that can go as far as 400 meters while using its omega precision to trickshot Robbie.
Yeah, but Jotaro's opening move is usually approach & beat up not throw rocks from a distance.

Back