• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen Discussion Page #1

honestly the whole hate for the current arc to me seems like the fandoms reaction during mid shibuya when it was being writen 3 years back, people where complaining about Nanami's death, nobara's and where throwing a fit through out, but since the managa was less known back then (although still pretty popular) the effect wasn't quite as big as it is now. Cuse everyone is a profesional critic nowadays and can see where the story is going 10/10 time am I right?

I mean I have seen people complaining about geto not understanding Gojo's character during the airport incident.

I mean really? I have people actually read the ending of hidden inventory? I mean "Are you the strongest because you are satoru gojo or are you satoru gojo because you are the strongest" his one and only friend who could understand the issues with near limitless strength just did what everyone else has been doing to him throughout his life, boiled down his whole character his very existence to nothing but strength and this lead gojo to the pit of isolation we find him in 10 years after the point.

I mean COME ON. these people are saying Gege bastardized the characters without even understanding what the characters where in the first place, its so god damn stupid and is kinda the reason why the whole "reading comprehansion curse" is now a wide spread meme in the fandom.
I couldn't agree more. Hating on Gege seems to be a trend. Also, I find it funny that people criticize Yuki's death despite her having more plot relevance than others. She just lost the fight and died, it's not even that serious when she contributed the most to the plot. Gege might have had small ups and downs, but it's not really big enough to call it a fall off. Also, Gojo's character ending was one of the best in the series with his conversation in the afterlife. I don't know about others, but I really liked how it ended with Sukuna freeing him from the curse of being the strongest. At least that's how I see it.

Cant yall use the distance Piercing blood crossed to find the timeframe on the Sukuna feat?
I mean maybe when its animated in like 10 years. for now its a bit vauge, the only thing we can say for sure though is that sukuna is for certain faster than piercing blood (since while he was turned around and the blood covered the distance of anything from 5-10 feet he was able to avoid it and blitz choso before he could even finish a single thought)

Also, Gojo's character ending was one of the best in the series with his conversation in the afterlife. I don't know about others, but I really liked how it ended with Sukuna freeing him from the curse of being the strongest. At least that's how I see it.
YES!
thank you, it demonstrated perfectly what gojo went through because, even after all is said and done his closes friends even after dying couldn't truly reach and understand him, as;
image.png

The infinite distance between gojo and even his closest friends made the process of understanding impossible, he was a blooming bright flower that no one could truely touch or understand, untill the king of curses cut through the infinity between them and plucked the flower off it stem, enjoying its incredible flavour and smell.
2023-12-25_182528.png

wink wink nudge nudge*

I mean after I re-read the last 30 chapters and listened to some other peoples takes this became such an in your face simbology that its hard not to see how briliant it actually is.

Hell in all honesty in a different life sukuna and gojo could've been good friends (and I mean look at their fight, even during the near death situations they were bringing one another the bastards where smiling like they where having the time of their lives and both even seemed friendly to one another at points)

That's actually interesting. Cuz there's never been a moment when Gojo's been attempted to be poisoned, and Gojo's never mentioned overcoming this weakness. So that means theoretically, someone really could win by using poison-based abilities on Gojo like a gas bomb.
Lol I remember when my teory for Sukuna vs Gojo was that Sukuna would win via poison or som shit 🗿

It's nowhere near as bad as some people think imo, but I do think the jump is slightly extreme from 235 to 236, I would have preferred maybe one extra panel, something like this

LlJZOvd.jpg
that last panel did not exist what the ****??

did you edit that?

Since we are talking about Gojos death again imma throw in my own to cents.

I think him being off screened is one of the dumbest decisions in the series because not only does it make thw transition from chap 235 to 236 extremely jarring, it also raises the question of how the **** he even got hit by it in the first place. That being said Gege has a chance to explain that in a flashback or smth.

The afterlife scene is mostly good and a nice send off to Gojos character (assuming he is fully dead), except for the "you only used Jujutsu for your own pleasure" line which is completely contredicted by everything Gojo has done throughout the series.

But my biggest issue is that Gojo didnt really get to accomplish anything after being unsealed. A big part of his character is that despite being the strongest he ultimately couldnt fix anything in the long run, so having him actually achieve something really major against Sukuna and leaving his students with a real chance of victory would be a good ending to his character. But nope Sukuna just had a secret way of fully healing himself and now any damage Gojo did is gone.

Last edited:
It's nowhere near as bad as some people think imo, but I do think the jump is slightly extreme from 235 to 236, I would have preferred maybe one extra panel, something like this

LlJZOvd.jpg
Although not displaying that slash and starting from the airport, it's still a good plot twist, if you ask me. Revealing that slash would have made it obvious to fans that Gojo lost, but we waited for two weeks with different theories, like Sukuna using Open or Kenjaku intervening. Offscreen was good when viewed from a suspense perspective.

Although not displaying that slash and starting from the airport, it's still a good plot twist, if you ask me. Revealing that slash would have made it obvious to fans that Gojo lost, but we waited for two weeks with different theories, like Sukuna using Open or Kenjaku intervening. Offscreen was good when viewed from a suspense perspective.
When we see ⬛ Open again in the manga I'm going to lose my shit fr

I thought Sukuna would use it against Gojo because no one in the verse can push him to use it. The technique is kept as suspense by Gege. Its revelation should be dope. I wonder who will make Sukuna use that now.
YES!
thank you, it demonstrated perfectly what gojo went through because, even after all is said and done his closes friends even after dying couldn't truly reach and understand him, as;
image.png

The infinite distance between gojo and even his closest friends made the process of understanding impossible, he was a blooming bright flower that no one could truely touch or understand, untill the king of curses cut through the infinity between them and plucked the flower off it stem, enjoying its incredible flavour and smell.
2023-12-25_182528.png

wink wink nudge nudge*

I mean after I re-read the last 30 chapters and listened to some other peoples takes this became such an in your face simbology that its hard not to see how briliant it actually is.

Hell in all honesty in a different life sukuna and gojo could've been good friends (and I mean look at their fight, even during the near death situations they were bringing one another the bastards where smiling like they where having the time of their lives and both even seemed friendly to one another at points)
Btw whatever may others say Kashimo and Sukuna conversation goes hard. Most probably my favourite conversation throughout the series.

Sukuna genuinely looks like he hates using flames lol.
plus i highly doubt thats all he can do.
i think his CT is based on a ******* kitchen.

Since we are talking about Gojos death again imma throw in my own to cents.
I mean i get you but the whole off screen thing is silly to me, we see the fight in full, we see all the preperations and forshadowings (peel of your scales, you are my shadow not fushiguros now, the toji outfit and of course the little panel of gojo not being able to process dismantle sukuna threw at him during the start of their fight) us seeing gojo just get cut down and instantly going into the airport would honestly take away more than it would give, I mean hell for all the really big fights sukuna had its been an "offscreen" kill, jogo, maho (we never see the arrow hit), yorozu and now gojo. It honestly gives the chapter and the moment so much more impact than it would other wise (I mean look at the fandom that shit sent ripples through out the whole internet in less than 2 mins after it was shown)

the afterlife scene was the exact moment that made it so poinent in the first place, because after everything gojo did, after all his efforts and training, people couldn't see him for more than his strength even those closest to him which is further supported by a few pages waaaaay back in a volume 10 extra.
E2zTudWWEAkBo94
E2zTudVXwAEXHT3

E2zTudYXIAISbZx

I mean look at this people name some terrtery qualities about him but they all boil him down to one thing "the strongest" and look at gojo in that last panel, does he look happy? prideful? no, he looks alone a person at the top who can only be admired from afar, someone who can't be understood by those weaker than him, his greatest curse, his strength.
(and I mean its not like this point get beaten over our heads every chance gege could get)
2023-12-25_190744.png
2023-12-25_190914.png
2023-12-25_190710.png
(i'd grab more but i'm lazy)
right?

as for gojo's achivements I think it makes his character even more potent that despite all that strength he couldn't pull through when it actually mattered, "All the strength in the world but still unable to change it".

tell me about it man! when I saw that piercing water sukuna used against gojo I though he oppened it earlier and is now using some unknown CT but it was revealed to be max elephant's ability and I got a bit saddened that we still haven't seen Fuga yet.

But with kusakabe bringing it up this chapter, I have a bad feeling that sukuna is gonna go get himself some BBQ.

I mean i get you but the whole off screen thing is silly to me, we see the fight in full, we see all the preperations and forshadowings (peel of your scales, you are my shadow not fushiguros now, the toji outfit and of course the little panel of gojo not being able to process dismantle sukuna threw at him during the start of their fight) us seeing gojo just get cut down and instantly going into the airport would honestly take away more than it would give,
The foreshadowing was there and i knew something was gonna happen in 236, but to me the whole thing felt less shocking and more just jarring and annoying
I mean hell for all the really big fights sukuna had its been an "offscreen" kill, jogo, maho (we never see the arrow hit), yorozu and now gojo. It honestly gives the chapter and the moment so much more impact than it would other wise (I mean look at the fandom that shit sent ripples through out the whole internet in less than 2 mins after it was shown)
The difference betwen Gojo and everyone else you mentioned is that for them we knew the attack was coming we just didnt see the moment of impact
Jogo and him have stand off with their flames at hand
Maho literally has the fire arrow inches from his face
We see Sukuna summon Maho before Yorozu gets killed
We see the wave of slashes that are about to hit Kashimo
In all of these cases we see Sukuna prepare his attack, we dont need to see it because we know whats about to happen. But with Gojo there were a million ways 236 could have started that werent Gojo lying dead on the floor
the afterlife scene was the exact moment that made it so poinent in the first place, because after everything gojo did, after all his efforts and training, people couldn't see him for more than his strength even those closest to him which is further supported by a few pages waaaaay back in a volume 10 extra.
E2zTudWWEAkBo94
E2zTudVXwAEXHT3

E2zTudYXIAISbZx

I mean look at this people name some terrtery qualities about him but they all boil him down to one thing "the strongest" and look at gojo in that last panel, does he look happy? prideful? no, he looks alone a person at the top who can only be admired from afar, someone who can't be understood by those weaker than him, his greatest curse, his strength.
(and I mean its not like this point get beaten over our heads every chance gege could get)
2023-12-25_190744.png
2023-12-25_190914.png
2023-12-25_190710.png
(i'd grab more but i'm lazy)
right?

as for gojo's achivements I think it makes his character even more potent that despite all that strength he couldn't pull through when it actually mattered, "All the strength in the world but still unable to change it".
I think there is a disconnect here betwen us. You think that Gojo dying without accomplishing anything or having people realise who he is is a good ending because thats how he was written throughout the story (at least i think thats what you are getting at). But for me thats the issue because it makes his whole character ultimately feel pointless
Oh btw guys.

Do you think Hana tasted like chiken with the whole wings and dove shit he has going on?
Judgeman confiscate his cooking license

Back