• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jujutsu Kaisen: Ryu Crater Feat

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Hola

So in the calc above, we see that the granite blast calc uses vaporization.
I'm not sure Vaporization is valid.

We see dust clouds instead of smoke, debris in the clouds, and dust on the ground.

It looks a lot like violent frag with some pulv aspects.

0176-011.png

If we use pulv: 214 * 280802400 = 60091713600 joules = 14.362264245 tons
If we use v frag: 69 * 280802400 = 19375365600 joules = 4.630823518 tons
If we use half of each: (214 * 280802400/2) + (69 * 280802400/2) = 39733539600 joules = 9.496543881 tons

This thread is just primarily to see if this is right and if we should change it. Scaling repercussions or replacements can honestly happen after.

With no vaporization statement, it's pretty easy to interpret those as dust clouds. OP looks legit to me though I'm not fully sure on which end is best.

It looks like the material that used to be where the crater is was pulverized and everything else around the blast was blown apart and fragged

I still think it’s vaporization. We see that Yuta’s hand got burned and again on Rika’s hands.

And I’m pretty sure that’s something CE in general shares because Rika’s blast had the same effect on Ryu. And Ryu seemed to get burned when he got hit with his own GB in the end.

If we’re not using vaporization anymore, then pulverization should be used because there is no way in hell this is frag or v frag. And there is something left to do which is calc the concrete part (basically the street) and the rock part. I didn’t do that because it was irrelevant to kilotons but it’d be useful for tons.

Were there every any temperature or vap statements for it cause if not then sure. Those looks like thicker debris clouds anyways?

The ripped up road does look like pulv, not vape ngl
But

Whatever happened, obviously had a fuckton of heat behind it, shit looks charred, and the building in the back honestly does look like it got vaped.
But the road bit looks more like it was blown apart based on the texturing of the destroyed part?

Like the rough texture (and few chunks), if it was vape, I think it'd be smoother, maybe glassed or more worn down, maybe drawn darker like the heat marks?
It's at least pulv tho, yeah we see debris, but most at the edges, and a few stray bits that don't account for even 1% of the total volume.
As for the smoke clouds, idk, depends how Gege draws that shit, do we have a confirmed example of Vape like with Jogo we can cross ref? If it's the same then yeah vape cool, but if we don't, I'm seeing a mix tbh, like the obvious ones look like dust, but in the background, there looks like whispy vapor clouds so...
Tbh, it's probably a mix of both, stuff at the edges blown apart, lot of shit was probably pulved, some stuff was prob cooked and ashed and vaped (like the building?), etc. Not strictly one or the other based on what I'm seeing
but "how should we calc i-", lmao idk, here's a funny frug gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Heat can pulverize. I don't get where the idea that every thermal attack absolutely must be vaporization comes from.
It can but it’s most likely never the case. Heat pulverizing rather than vaporizing is straight up false in most cases where we see vapor coming out of the crater.

But that doesn't appear to be vapor though, it looks like strong ass dust

Like this is what vapor looks like in JJK
vD8N3R5.png
q1McQl1.jpeg

Heat can pulverize.
Not really no, you can't pulv concrete or rock with pure heat, at least, not before it melts, unless it's tied to something else, like a punch or blast, but at that point, it isn't the heat doing the pulving, but that other thing. Like pure heat is going to melt a rock long before it turns it to ash.
idk what the **** a granite blast even is tho
But that doesn't appear to be vapor though, it looks like strong ass dust

Like this is what vapor looks like in JJK
kaisentcb_14_05.jpg
kaisentcb_114_17.jpg
Dog just dm me

Another thing, not sure if it was mentioned, but it likely only fv/pulved the ground due to Yuta being there to block the blast somewhat. The building he destroyed should be calced for vap instead

A laser that comes out of a reincarnated 400+ year old man’s pompadour
:LOL: This is appreciated
idk what the **** a granite blast even is tho
I found the JJK wiki defines it as Ryu's technique of discharging compressed/concentrated CE like a canon at full power. I can't find if Ryu has a specific trait to his own CE so it might become an issue of what traits regular CE holds, depending on how technical we get.

Back