• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kamado Tanjirou VS John Wick

KIMETSU NO YAIBA HYPE OH BOY

(Natagumo Mountain Arc Tanjirou / 9-B vs Parabellum John Wick / 9-B)

Speed is equalized, otherwise SBA

(Although John Wick has; Glock 17, AR-15, Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun, Knife, DTA Stealth Recon Scout sniper rifle, and a pencil in possession)

Who wins, and why?

The Russian Mobster Slayer :

The Demon Slayer :

inconclusive:

Tamjirou Kamado
Wick

frankly im really surprised that kamado isn't small building level considering that feat. i switched the opponent to john wick, who definitely shows far better physicals than hobbs

Tanjirou does have a more versatile moveset and the potential AP advantage. However, John Wick easily outclasses him in terms of battle experience and range. What makes the hitman really scary is his improbable marksman skills, headshotting nearly everybody in his movie like some sort of Call of Duty montage.

Even with the Dance of the Fire God, it would be incredibly hard for Tanjirou to approach John Wick without getting shot fatally, though the Demon Hunter will be able to quickly kill John Wick if he manages to reach slicing range.

What weapons does John have access to? Depending on the answer I'm tempted to call this a stomp unless John just takes him out from a distance ( Which is in character for him. )

SBA includes standard equipment, which means John Wick has a bunch of other stuff;

Several Glock pistols (including Glock 26, a Glock 17, and a Glock 34), Kimber 1911s (Kimber Desert Warrior and a Kimber Super Carry), Heckler & Koch P30L, Smith & Wesson SW1911SC, Coharie Arms CA-415, Kel-Tec KSG, TTI TR-1 AR-15, Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun, DTA Stealth Recon Scout sniper rifle, knives, bulletproof suit, vehicles, various improvised objects such as a pencil, belt and book

this actually sounds like a downright stomp in favor for john wick, so i'll just make it that he has

Glock 17, AR-15, Benelli M4 Super 90 Shotgun, Knife, DTA Stealth Recon Scout sniper rifle, and a pencil.

If this fight is a stomp then it is in favor of Tanjirou.

Even with speed equal, he can amp his speed. Wick would not be able to react to Tanjirou. And his guns cant do shit on Tanjirou, he can easily dodge and block the bullets. Precog + higher speed = Tanjirou easy win here

M3X said:
If this fight is a stomp then it is in favor of Tanjirou.

Even with speed equal, he can amp his speed. Wick would not be able to react to Tanjirou. And his guns cant do shit on Tanjirou, he can easily dodge and block the bullets. Precog + higher speed = Tanjirou easy win here

LaGoneCarat said:
precognition is only available in his 8-C key, not to mention SPEED IS EQUALIZED
No, he has precognition after the training and even before. It is not from his third key. I said SPEED AMP, it is allowed here

Nop, the precog is from his smelling the direction of attacks and is in his 8-C key. It may be wrong, but is where the profile has it.

But Tanjirou still has speed and stat amps,

Again, that's something he always had, even before the training he could smell things? And after the training, he use that to predict

From what I can see in the profile, his two last keys are divided Post Training I Current.

Seems like he showed an obvious increase in ability at some point after said training and his smelling of attacks happened around this time.

Obviously he always had the ability to smell weird things, but smelling attacks only happens way later.

It doesnt matter what his profile says, it still wrong. He NEVER showed an obvious increase in power, I don't even know why he has 3 keys. He always had the abilitie to predict via smell things.

You don't need to ignore what I am saying and use the profile as a base, as I said it is wrong, it doesnt matter what his profile say. And "current" as a key is way too vague, it could mean anything

Then make a CRT about it?

I am not ignoring, I am saying where the confusion steems from. Actually talking with the person that made the key and clarifying with them since you have an issue with it seems better than for me to completely ignoring the profile.

"Current" is not that confusing though...? Tanjirou cuts a boulder as part of being allowed to go to the final selection, setting the AP for his post-training key. This is pretty much the very first arc, and from what I can see smelling attacks, thunder breath and "See Through World" happens way way later. I could be wrong, but its not very confusing and is how the profile is. It could be better if you actually contacted whoever put the profile like that.

Gonna elaborate why I think Tanjirou takes this.

Info Analysis via smell gives him information on the weakness of his weapons and his own weaknesses. Tanjirou's only real problems are Wick's experience and range, but he's dealt with this before, especially with range. Even though his Enhanced Senses isn't bordering precognition, he'll be sending intent with each attack Wick does.

Given Tanjirou's versatility, if he needs to reflect Wick's bullets, he will. Furthermore any bullets that DO hit Tanjirou can be dealt with Tanjirou's very high pain tolerance, and his Body Control which can cease the bleeding. Switching up fighting styles at will, or combing them will be far too much for him to handle, especially since he can further increase his strength with each strike using Constant Flow, or use Fire God and null Wick's Regenerationn. He also has Rage Power to further the AP gap.

Back