• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should the description of "Completion" of Shichika's profile be rewritten? Here's what it is right now, with parts that may need to be rewritten bolded:

The state that Shikizaki Kiki hoped one of his creations would achieve, representing the status of one who has "far surpassed perfection". As the Completed Deviant Blade, Shichika represents and surpasses the pinnacle of what can theoretically be achieved using martial arts, swordsmanship, and weaponry. Emonzaemon states that against such a being, the advantage of superior numbers becomes irrelevant. Every weapon attribute, martial art, technique, and wielder he encounters is analyzed and understood instantly by his Kyotōryü sixth sense, granting him its usage and the perfect counter technique, even making it possible to evolve previously perfected techniques to accomplish more than they had prior, as shown when he instantly created a new form of Shichika Hachiretsu that could be used on two enemies simultaneously, and immediately informing him of singular weaknesses that he didn't know of prior, such as Zokuto Yoroi's inability to redirect attacks without touching the ground.

I really disagree with that interpretation of the text, but alright. I've made the changes.

Based on how it went in the anime, I feel like there isn't really any other way to interpret it.

I haven't seen that part of the LN, however, so it's possible that it's just different there

It just seems like:

1. He was much stronger and faster, so he could take people out more easily.

2. He no longer had to worry about destroying them, so he didn't need to take roundabout ways to win, like how he had to make the sword-mech run out of energy when first fighting it.

There's no indication that he was suddenly able to spot weaknesses that he never noticed before.

1. His strength and speed were irrelevant, he was working around hax

2. When they first fought, he had no idea what the armor did, after finding out what the armor did, there was no indication whatsoever that he figured out its weakness. In fact, it was clearly spelled out that his mind was on other things, and that he had absolutely no idea what to do since his initial move didn't work. When he fought the armor's second user, he used the exact same move but had figured out how to get it to work, and it busted the armor. If he had been worried about breaking the armor being a possibility, he wouldn't have used that move.

1. His strength and speed are relevant for being able to blitz characters, like the thousand swords lady.

2. He had no idea what to do, because exploiting the weakness would have destroyed the armor. When he fought the armor's second user, he didn't use the exact same move, he chucked them into the air first, which is how he exploited the weakness.

1. True, but it didn't really affect his fight against the Yoroi user

2. He never even considered that Yoroi had a weakness. He tried his punch move, it didn't work, and he kept trying it over and over but it never worked and then he basically gave up until Togame inspired him to just outgrapple him. He never said anything about exploiting a weakness or holding back, his only idea just didn't work. Second time, he just suddenly figured out his weakness and exploited it by using the same move in a different way.

2. The issue is, that weakness doesn't help him defeat the person inside without harming the armour. Exploiting the weakness shown later to win the earlier fight was 100% impossible. I'm assuming he went through other ideas and discarded them down until he had one viable idea, and that the weakness he exploited later on was one of those ideas he discarded.

In general, I'm very weary of "can passively detect anyone's weakness" as an explanation obtained through feats alone.

2. That actually makes a decent amount of sense, especially considering that Azekura was far far more skilled than the later user, so lifting him up to strike him would have probably gotten Shichika killed.

Fair enough, I guess

I'd like to remove the part about Shichika passively being granted knowledge of weaknesses, since the only support for this is a single feat with no clarifying statement backing it up. But I think I'd need more people to agree on it first.

Does the Clairvoyance description need to be reworded?

Uhh can you rewrite that one for me?

Perfect. Tyvm. I think this thread can be closed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back