• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma gets a taste of the crap Subaru has to put up with (Kazuma vs Petelgeuse)

yeah he only gets his own body

also now that I think about it.

Kazumas signature move could really **** him over here (if he steals betels gospel and betel loses it... completely)

Well, they start a few kilometers apart as per sba, so will Kazuma try and shoot him and will it do a lot of damage since it says that the arrow is a regular one?

idk betegeuse could maybe see the arrow coming at that distance and defend against it with the authority or with earth manipulation

He doesn't, maybe do like Wil did and scatter some dirt so you can see them moving, but how will he know to do that when he doesn't know the ability exists?

if Kazuma shoots at him a few times and sees the shots are getting deflected he probably would atleast know that something is off.

Kazuma is a smart slothful boi.

Certainly, but he wouldn't come to the conclusion of "This guy has 100+ invisible forcefields in the shape of hands." There are other far more likely conclusions like him having some sort of telekinesis or something.

btw betelgeuses profile is also lacking some things. (the whole 2nd part of his authority and maybe danmaku)

Against the hands Kazuma could use dynamite or earth manipulation (he can produce dust with that according to his profile)

and instinctive reaction

Well ofc things are missing, the whole verse is in the middle of revisions.

Being able to produce dust is nice and all but will he realistically think of using it to reveal the hands?

I think it's likelier he'll think it's telekinesis, that's now it looks from the outside (ep 15 twister) since it's not just some barrier that surrounds him, he rarely uses them purely as a shield. And still they have decent range so he can send some of them around the dust screen, and while they're easy to dodge sheer numbers will overwhelm him.

yeah this is kind of a problem I only know both of them from the anime of each series.

so I don't really know how kazumas LN abilities function.

it would also be nice to know the range of his status effects

I'm not too sure as i am reading the novel where he gets the damage transferal, but it looks to me that he reflects the "type" of damage, so i'd say that if Petelgeuse kills him he also gets killed because even undirect damage and asphyxiation gets transfered. Does Petelgeuse have any form of detecting Kazuma through lurk? If not i'd say that Kazuma wins, if he can't kill using snipe, lurk+drain touch should do the trick.

It is in character for Kazuma to throw dust in the eyes of his oponents, he might also try to use freeze don't know if it would work on the hands.

I'm pretty sure betelgeuse could react to a surprise snipe with his hands.

does lurk even work while attacking melee ?

also betelgeuse has pretty huge AOE and higher than his normal AP with the big unseen hands so if Kazuma disappears he can just **** up the area around him

the dust to the eyes will only help him see the hands or if he is close.

freeze probably won't do Kazuma any good not sure if it works on the hands but even if it does.

Kazuma was completely drained after freezing a door shut and it takes a while for him to really freeze something so it won't do him any good against dozens of invisible hands rushing at him

Kazuma's best bet here is really to keep sniping while hidden or to use his status effects (I'm really not convinced on the damage transferal killing the opponent)

He gets damage transferral during his bout as a Regina cultist. He doesnt have it anymore

as Edward said, kazuma doesn't have damage transferal anymore. If Kazuma can't kill Betelgeuse with snipe, using Lurk+Drain touch should at least incapacitate, using drain touch Kazuma was able to incapacitate characters much more durable than himself, many royal guards, some monsters, and even darkness who can tank an explosion spell.

@Ruler, i mentioned the freeze and the dust just to clarify what he normally does in a head on fight.

Kazuma also has Bind wich i doubt Betelgeuse would be able to set himself free, not super efective in the actual battle but could buy Kazuma some time to escape.

Betelgeuse doesn't have to be free to be dangerous tho he literally has dozens of unseen hands

and Idk about drain touch. it would probably work but maybe not fast enough. betelgeuse could just send out hands in every direction and kill Kazuma

imo getting close would be dangerous for kazuma

how do his status spells work ?

are they projectiles ? or something else ?

Betelgeuse will not start to attack in random directions if he is not seeing Kazuma. Darin touch would most likely be a oneshot, as i said earlier, Kazuma is able to incapacitate even darkness easily with drain touch.

Geting close with lurk shouldn't be much of a problem, lurk was able to hide Megumin as she was casting Explosion.

Don't know about his sleep manipulation or paralysis, haven't reached that part yet.

Volume 11, in volume 5 he also incapacitated an orc with a single touch. Kazuma can also drain vitality with dain touch he doesn't do it because he doesn't like killing humans and humanoid monsters, but in a battle to the death he wouldn't have such restraints.

Back