• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kazuma Kiryu VS Kunio

So Kiryu has an AP advantage of 1.393x and arguably has more combat experience than Kunio due to handily winning out against Jo Amo, who's repeatedly known for his weird near-death training antics, with the first training regimen lasting for 17 years and bordering on insanity and even using a copy machine to absorb the skill of hundreds of fighters all over the world just to get at Kiryu, and then there's also Kiryu's invulnerability via Extreme Heat Mode that should more or less take care of Kunio's 100x amp. I'll vote Kiryu via slight AP advantage, usage of invulnerability and arguably better fighting skill.

Kunio just uses basic stuff you can find all around, like pipes, brass knuckles, crates, chains and the like. Everything Kiryu is heavily experienced against. It's on his profile.

Concerning speed although I know it's equalized here, if you compare that animation where Riki/Kunio do multiple punches at once to how fast the bullets go in the games you might get hypersonic on a comparable scale or greater than Kiryu.

Not saying this would give him the win though. (also heard they can dodge lightning in Underground, not sure if that's true though, same with a technique that throws you around orbit or something to that effect, both are mentioned in the respect thread linked on his page by the way) but I think Kunio could do with a speed revision

KIryu's definitely got the stamina edge here too, if Majima's anything to go by. Kiryu's notorious for being his own one-man-army without needing the assistance of anyone else.

Also speed is equal here so the upgrades are irrelevant.

Gonna have to go with Kiryu, seems to have a lot more variety and a lot more fighting experience along with what seems to be more endurance. Though Kunio could have a small leg up in some of his unorthodox techniques like his hurricane kick though Kiryu has dealt with stranger especially with Jo Amon.

I mentioned the speed thing because with a good enough revision there might not be need to have speed equalizing for once and may make for a more interesting matchup but that'll have to wait for now.

Yes but that requires Kunio to eat.

Also Heat Mode became a thing after Yakuza 3 and was officially canonized in Kiwami 2. Just saiyan

Can Kunio eat here, also what is it he needs to eat?

Would his extreme heat mode be comparable to Kunio's super state?

Thought I had posted this reply ages ago whoopsie

Yeah, it is comparable, plus Kiryu gets limited Invulnerability with Extreme Heat Mode.

Also Kiryu still has a versatility and combat skill gap to boot.

Tiger Drop helps with anything really, he wouldn't know the timing for the teleportation until at least after its use though

Extreme Heat Mode would take care of getting affected by hits. Kiryu would take damage, but he'd be immunized to even reacting to it.

Kiryu got bumped to 350 megajoules so he's got a 2.511x AP advantage.

Back