• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kefka Palazzo vs Zeref Dragneel

I read the description of Keye's power in the FT wiki:

"Keyes' body is made up of thick black particles, allowing him to move similar to a mist and cause both Magic deficiency and illness, as seen after Juvia forcibly exited his body.The said ability allows Keyes to deform and reform his body seemingly at will to avoid physical and magical attacks, though he has also been seen utilizing the ability almost unconsciously, being able to dodge a sneak attack by Gray with no effort at all by morphing his body as soon as the Ice-Make Mage made contact with it. Offensively, Keyes can manipulate the poisonous anti-magic particles in various ways such as spiraling currents, a wave, or an explosion to attack opponents."

Not seeing how the scale of his hax compares to Kefka insta-nulling a bunch of Espers to a powerless state and then oneshotting them right after tbh.

Also description of Anti-Magic Particles says they poison and weaken Magic Users (they may even cause death), it doesn't really say they go and null their powers as far as I have seen.

Also has Keyes actually ever used that against Zeref? He's not only his Creation but also kind of works for him.

I actually read FT up to the Tartaros arc and don't remember Keyes even interacting with Zeref tbh.

Resistances were added to Zeref from the Nine Demon Gate's hax because he created them for the purpose of killing him but they couldn't. If Keye's Anti Magic worked on Zeref then it would have weakened the curse and let Zeref be killed.

FateAlbane said:
Also has Keyes actually ever used that against Zeref? He's not only his Creation but also kind of works for him.

I actually read FT up to the Tartaros arc and don't remember Keyes even interacting with Zeref tbh.
Zeref notes that none of his demons were capable of killing him. This is before Mard Geer perfected Memento Mori.

Why is Kefka Multi Continental for stomping guys with these stats?

At least Large Mountain level, likely higher (Considered the most high tech and powerful piece of Magitek in the Gestahlian Empire even during the World of Balance) | Small Planet level (Comparable to the Ultima Weapon due to its newly enhanced programming)

I mean. Even Etherious who are Zeref's creations are immune to the particles by default.

They always looked to me way more like Poison Manip than Power Null since their magic is nerfed as a direct result of being poisoned by them.

I'm more pointing out that the effects of the particles don't look at all more of power null than more of "You got poisoned to the point that your magic power is weakening as much as you are dying".

How dare you put trash against one of the greatest villians in gaming?

Kefka gonna shove so much poison down his throat it'll make Mashitma look good.

PaChi2 said:
Kefka stomped the espers, which include Ifrit, who is High 6-A.
^^^^^

Ifrit in fact was the only one who reached Kefka close enough to try fight him. And still got oneshot.

DragonEmperor23 said:
But the Guardians are Planet level and he stomped three of them
Dont... Focus on the guardians... They are meaningless. And no, he is superior in base to the High 7-A ones.

DragonEmperor23 said:
It's more of a "You are poisoned and your magic is weakened." The state of your body wouldn't effect the Ethernano.
It actually does interfere with whether or not the particles will affect you since Gajeel wasn't affected/resisted due to having Lungs of Metal while everyone else was gasping from the Poison .

DragonEmperor23 said:
But the Guardians are Planet level and he stomped three of them
The guardian is only planet level in the World of Ruin in kefka's tower, where it was megaboosted with the Warring Triad's power. Kefka destroyed normal Imperial Guardians, which are 7-B according to us.

@Konaguna, that's not what it says. It says "flames hot enough to burn the whole world," which sounds more like hyperbole or a figure of speech than "flames that are able to burn the world's surface." Plus that's the english version, it would be preferrable to see the original japanese text.

But seriously, what does *Zeref* start with, as well?

I'm relatively sure Kefka has no counter for stuff like Time Stop.

I mean.

"Hyperbole"

Ifrit: flames capable of burning the world and turning it to ashes: High 6-A.

Leviathan: complete control over all the seas and oceans: High 6-A.

We have 2 doods with High 6-A feats. Idk why one of them should be exaggeration.

@Pachi

if he vaporized a planet would that not be some form of planet level?

@Fate

In FH mode, Zeref leads with a Death Magic infused punch.

PaChi2 said:
I mean.
"Hyperbole"

Ifrit: flames capable of burning the world and turning it to ashes: High 6-A.

Leviathan: complete control over all the seas and oceans: High 6-A.

We have 2 doods with High 6-A feats. Idk why one of them should be exaggeration.
again, misconstruing the wording. It's "flames hot enough to turn the whole world to ashes." I know I am delving into semantics, but this contextually means something different. And again, is this on the Japanese version?

And for Leviathan, I don't even see a link or source on it, may you link it? And another problem is again the vagueness of the statement. Does it mean it has "command" over every body of water like it can manipulate it and flood the world or something?

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Fate
That's because Anti magic particles have small amounts of iron in them so it didn't effect Gajeel as much.
I don't think that was all there was to it. Like, if it had to do with the environment rather than the body being poisoned, Levi trying to hold her breath with solid script until the Particles entered her through the skin wouldn't have been a point, as the lack of Ethernano from it being destroyed from the atmosphere would have affected her magic before she was poisoned.

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Fate

In FH mode, Zeref leads with a Death Magic infused punch.
Kefka doesn't resist Death Manip (unless people count the fact that he nopes the Doom/Instant Death spells), so I guess he dies if it connects.

I don't see how the range would matter if both characters start near each other and speed is equalized and Kefka wouldn't be able to run away to a farther range. If he did though, Zeref would probably stop time and walk over to him and kill him.

@Drákos Kefka can't be insta-killed by Doom or Death Sentence.

I don't know if people around here count that as resistance or game mechanics, though.

I already made a thread on that once and the only thing Everlasting said was "game mechanics cuz it makes things too easy". while even the tower trio can be insta dealt with using banish.

Resistances to everything should be applicable, they even on his page on FF wiki

@Konaguma Many FF installments usually have a thing with certain bosses being insta-killable in one way or another while others aren't. I just don't know what people usually apply here so I won't argue in that regard for heads or tails without a definite answer.

kefka can simply use the Silence magic in zeref, this magic prevents the target from using any magic abilities, zeref has become useless now.

• Infinite Supply of Magic.
In FF terms it's like Zeref has infinite MP so he can spam whatever and as many spells as he wants to.

Back