• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse vs Bakiverse: Dark Master vs The Bloody Tusk

This is a pretty fun match.

Kuga has the skill advantage, but Bando has him beat in terms of range and AP. The arm whip was considered a one shot kill by a lot of people in the tournament, and not even Peak Hatsumi was willing to take it head on.

Bando is no martial artist, but his unnatural flexibility will make it a pain for Kuga to do any real damage. His best bet it to go for areas the bones don't protect like the eyes, ears, groin, etc. This could also mess with Bando's ability to use the arm whip from far distance.

The issue is that Kuga will need to get in close to do this, and that a problem since that means he'll have to get around the arm whip. Bando has shown that under normal situations where he feels threatened, he'll just bust the whip out and spam it until his targets destroyed. He didn't use in the first round since he knew it would leave him incapped by the next round.

I'm leaning towards Bando. Kuga's already starting the match with a disadvantage in the form of having to dance around the arm whip and exert his stamina to get in close. Even if he does get in close, he'll still have to get around the AP gap which is worsened by the fact Bando can shift his bones to either dodge attacks from point blank or reduce damage. Kuga'll will probably realize this too late and before he can try to take out Bando's eyes, he'll be in range for more arm whip spam.

Bando 7/10, walks away with light injuries, maybe a injured eye at worse.

Wow, that's some good stuff right there, felt like I was actually watching the match frfr.

alright, Jumei has 12 hours to get some support, maybe less since the reasoning for Bando is so convincing, and then if Jumei still has no votes, Bando will move on

Eh, I feel like it will be hard for him to find anything conclusive on Bando since even Nogi's connections with the police didn't have anything concrete on Bando's abilities. It was a huge mystery as to how this former med student managed to massacre a building full of armed yakuza and police officers.

And even then, Hatsumi had some prior knowledge on Bando, enough to form a hypothesis of the arm whip, and was still only barely able to avoid death.

Right, as far as I see it, it really comes down to 2 things: 1) if Jumei can get in, which I guess it's possible due to the skill gap, but as you've mentioned, it's waaaay more likely he'd get oneshot in the process if he tries a Hatsumi approach without prior knowledge. 2) If Jumei chooses to use and can land a Seiken Tsuiki. Not only does Jumei not know about Bando's anatomy, but even if he did, it would still be hard to land the technique. Now, if he did, it might actually deal some decent damage, but I'm convinced as of now that you're line of reasoning is correct. Still, I'll give any Jumei supporters the chance to debate of course

Back