• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kenganverse vs Bakiverse: Hell's Angel vs Kaioh from the West

Sekibayashi Ju vs Dorian Kaioh

Speed equalized

Rules: everything allowed including the use of weapons

In-Character, strongest key for both, Dorian has all equipment

Bracket here (note: keys of characters are subject to change)

Combatants have 1 day to heal any wounds sustained in the match

Winner will be declared after 12 hours if only 1 fighter has 0 votes

Doc vs Garouden Boy

Dorian takes it. i don't think Sekibayashi can do anything against his metal cord, grenades, bomb and hypnosis. also Seki has tend in tanking any damage and Dorian's martial arts and pressure point attacks should to a extent damage him too.

Was originally gonan give this to Seki but after some thought I'm gonna go with Dorian as well. Sure Seki is stronger and more durable but the optional equipment mixed with hypnosis is what gives Dorian the win. Seki will hold out well at first bc he knows how to take deadly attacks safely, but the hypnosis will be his downfall. He's so dedicated to pro wrestling that it would work like a charm on him. At that point Dorian can slice his neck with the wire. However I'd say Dorian would still be injured with some broken bones, as he won't use hypnosis right away and will likely take some strong blows or chops from Seki.

2 for Dorian, and it looks like we're seeing some consistency in the outcome as well. Might just wrap this one up for Dorian in a couple of hours

Will you vote in opposition of Dorian? If so, how do you think Sekibayashi will win and in what condition?

I think Seki will definitely sustain some superficial injuries and all that, but nothing crippling. and yeah I think he'll win, mainly by sort of acting. pretending he is more effected than Dorian's techniques than he really is, until he has an opportunity to suplex him.

@Beta

You're completely forgetting about Hypnosis. Seki can be as prepared as he wants but he has no counter to hypnosis + wire which will easily slice his throat open.

Seki also isn't going to go straight for the kill right away. He's gonna go in with punches or possibly try and grab Dorian. And Dorian won't let Seki grab him very easily. Seki would likely lose a finger from the wire or suffer severe burns if he rushed in for a grab, and if he goes for punches it'll just show Dorian that Seki is a real threat right off the bat.

As soon as Dorian does see how strong Seki is though he'll use hypnosis and the fight is decided there. Only option Seki has to avoid that is if we assume Dorian lets himself get grabbed without resistance or usage of weapons, and we also have to assume Seki is bloodlusted.

IDK, Seki has started pretty much every fight by "acting", appearing much more cowardly and weak than he actually is. and the guy has some solid pain tolerance, I think he could lose a few fingers and keep fighting.

Seki is pretty good at not letting people know his true strength until he's using it. And Dorian isn't great at judging things he can't see.

Not really. We've only seen 3 fights of him and in two of them he came out swinging (Ohma and Muteba). Kiozan was the only time he didn't rush his opponent and that's bc Kiozan rushed Seki and overpowered him first.

Also I'm not saying he'd lose after Dorian takes a finger off, I'm just saying rushing Dorian would cause something like that to happen which isn't exactly the best way to start the fight. Seki has had his bones broken and organs damaged. A finger is nothing to him.

Seki is good at pretending he's in trouble when he's not I agree 100%. I just can't imagine that helping him. Dorian is also very good at judging power I'm not sure where you get this from, he was able to instantly tell that Retsu was stronger than Katsumi and also noticed Doppo's strength instantly after meeting him, the two hadn't even fought yet at this point.

Unless Seki is bloodlusted he won't be able to finish off Dorian before Dorian uses hypnosis. You could argue that if we give Seki prior knowledge of Dorian it might make him go 100% from the start, but that means Dorian will also have knowledge on Seki and be even more prepared for his superior strength. Any way you could give Seki an edge it also gives Dorian an edge.

Well he was a different "persona" against Muteba, but with the other two he certainly asn;t showing his full power from the start, he very explicitly lead Bak-er, Ohma into thinking he was weaker than he was during the fight with him, shying away from pain, acting like hits were harder than they really were, etc.

Moreover, I don;t think you give enough credit to his intelligence when it comes to fighting.

Dorian is a showoff. remember when he started singing for no reason int he middle of a fight? he also sort of wants to lose, he never really gives an overwhelming show of force except when absolutely necessary.

Like I've already said, even if Seki does try to act, it just means he's gonna take longer before going for the kill or KO which will only help Dorian.

Seki is very skilled and tactical but to say he's anywhere as skilled as Dorian, who is one of the most skilled Kaioh of his generation is crazy talk.

Dorian is a show off, but he also knows when people are on his level. He sang against Katou bc it's Katou. Dorian was toying with him like a child. Against Retsu and Doppo he was surprisingly respectful towards them due to recognizing their power. He wants to lose but you're forgetting he wants to lose after putting everything he possibly has into a fight. He's not just looking to lose for the hell of it, he wants to lose after using every skill, power or weapon in his arsenal and only then being beaten despite all that.

Basically there's still no way hypnosis won't work on Seki. Like I said already Seki has two option, he can be his normal self, start acting, and only deal moderate damage to Dorian if his acting does work and he's able to grab Dorian and do a throw. Or he can be Seki from hell, where he'll rush in and show his full power right away, to which Dorian will counter his rush and use his weapons + hypnosis right off the bat for an easy win. Seki's only hope is the act but even then if he goes this route he won't deal nearly enough damage before Dorian will recognize his power and use hypnosis. The fact that Seki knows nothing about the hypnosis will only hurt him more as well.

Also, some food for thought on the Seki side, I'm fairly certain if Seki is able to use Argentine Backbreaker on Dorian, Dorian will be either incapped or dead, but I've seen some solid argumentation on why Seki wouldn't be able to grab him properly to let this loose

I agree that he could cripple Dorian with the back breaker. But the same issues arise with the fact that it would never happen.

By the time Seki goes for a finishing move Dorian will have already put him under hypnosis since he would have seen how strong Seki is by then. Seki ends with finishing moves he never starts with them.

Second, even if for some reason he does go for a grab he's putting himself in an awful position for the wire to remove some fingers or maybe even both his hands. Which would cripple Seki for the rest of the fight obviously.

That is my current thinking as well: while I hadn't mentioned the hypnosis, it was only because that point would be overkill. Sekibayashi likely won't be able to grab Dorian as it's a world-class pro wrestler vs an elite member of the most skilled martial artists on the planet, so in terms of skill, Dorian eclipses Sekibayashi, making the chance of a successful grab infinitesimally small. And yes, even if the grab is successful, the wire easily takes care of that. I'm currently leaning towards Dorian, but that could change over the course of 6 hours

Right, he his skilled for sure, a top class wrestler in every sense of the word, but not only does hypnosis kinda screw him here, but wrestling in general is a less skill-based fighting style as opposed to something like kung-fu or karate

basically it will be like either Dorian survives Seki attacks and uses hypnosis, bomb or grenades because Seki can't survive them or Seki's first attacks knock outs Dorian. chance of happening Former is higher. also it isn't like Dorian takes his attacks, his martial arts should be enough for dodging and countering most of Seki's attacks.

Since the argumentation in favor of Dorian seems to address all the points of Sekibayashi's chances of winning and we are running close to the allotted time, I will declare Dorian the winner and move on to the next bout

Back