• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
In an alternate universe, the finals of the 21st Tenkaichi Budokai went differently than we all know. On one side, we have the talented monkey kid, and on the other the karateka who travels the world. Master Roshi wanted to face his pupil in the last match, but after witnessing the arrival of this new, mysterious fighter, he recognized his talent and tought that he would have been a better challenge for Goku. For Ryu, this was a chance to meet new fighters in another World Tournament.

• Both are 9-A
  • 21st Budokai Goku and SFI-Alpha Ryu are used
  • Speed is equalized
  • The battle takes place in the Tenkaichi Budokai Arena
  • Starting distance is 10 meters
  • Victory via incapacitation or ring out, both Ryu and Goku are aware of this rule
  • Goku scales greatly above his past self, who could casually perform a 0.014 tons feat and Ryu scales to Sagat, who could easily oneshot Adon who performed a 0.04 tons

Son Goku: 8 (EliminatorVenom, FluffyCreatureZ, Gilad Hyperstar, Lord JJJ, BlackDarkness679, TauanVictor, BetterThanYou, Sanicspood))

Ryu:

Inconclusive:

1007444-001_20__20ryu_20holofoil_20cover.jpg

60bed110941819d36564182fd51cb123.jpg

Last edited:
21st Tenkaichi Budokai Goku >>> Goku Pre-Roshi Training (as he casually did training that he and Krillin struggled a lot with when they begun their training) > Pilaf Saga Goku >>> Bear (as he casually one shotted it) = 0.014 Tons

No idea about Ryu scaling

SF2-4 Ryu is stronger than his previous self to an unknown degree (since some years have passed and he always trains). The same past Ryu could fight almost evenly with Sagat, who can casually oneshot Adon, who's the one who performed the 0.04 feat.

Last edited:
SF2-4 Ryu is stronger than his previous self to an unknown degree (since some years have passed and he always trains). The same past Ryu could fight almost eventually with Sagat, who can casually oneshot Adon, who's the one who performed the 0.04 feat.
Alright, so Ryu seems to have the AP advantage

Goku resist heat but ryu has like a 4x ap advantage, stuns and power nullification and damage boost, IDK who's more skilled but I think ryu has a lot more advantages so he's more likely to win but I'll wait.

This version of Goku doesn't resist heat.

I thought that overall their AP might have been quite similar (even though I believe skill will be the deciding factor) but I can switch to first key Ryu if needed, which is basically the same Ryu with less ap, experience and abilities.

Eh, I'd be fine with using latter Ryu if the issue is AP. Goku scales as way stronger than a key that is way stronger than a being that did the feat, while Ryu only upscales in one order of magnitude. Ryu might have the advantage but I don't think it is very relevant.

In any case, let's see what's here!

In AP I feel like they are mostly similar, Ryu might have a very slight advantage but nothing too relevant. Goku might be able to impart more force into his blows by using his staff, but he doesn't use it that much compared to how much he uses his fisticuffs. In LS they too are very similar, so no arguments there. I'd say that Ryu is the more skilled grappler out of sheer experience and Goku rarely engaging in that kind of combat, but at the same time not only Goku has immense natural potential and must've trained on it, he is so small that it is very hard to actually grapple with him. In an hypothetical scenario, Goku would have the advantage of grappling.

Now, onto speed. It is equalized, of course, but not only Goku is way, way more mobile with his acrobactics (Which are way better than Ryu's), powers and natural agility, but his reactions are enhanced by his superior senses. This Ryu isn't still quite the same that can more effectively take care of such situations

In powers and all, yeah, Goku also has the advantage. While it wouldn't help that much, he could easily mimic many of Ryu's moves with his mimicry, his reactive power level could act during the fight and he is shown to effectively use his acrobactics which, coupled with his size, allows him to more easily avoid Ryu's attacks. Of course, Ryu has some great tools here: The stunning mechanics, his Shinkuu Tatsumaki would Senpuukyaku'd the stuff outta Goku and he has some more tidbits that help him, but power-wise, he is on the short stick here.

Now, the more intangible aspects of this fight are more interesting to analyse. Ryu is vastly more experienced at this point, and I'd hazard him as being more skilled. He also has a range advantage, which is a boon in melee combat, although directly countered by Goku's small stature. There's also the fact that Ryu's mentality is way better for a fight, even in SFI through Alpha, at his most conflicted and unsure, he was still more prepared and mature in fights than Goku is. I won't say that Goku will be idiotic, far from it, but I would expect him to goof around a bit and try to make things more enjoyable.

All in all, I expect Goku to win with difficulties, with an upset not being unlikely. Goku is too mobile and varied for Ryu, I think, and even if he was losing, his reactive power level can very likely kick in. I really like thinking about this match, because both fighters would grow immensely from this. If this was SF II-IV Ryu, the results would be different.

Fun fact: If they both got angry, with Goku turning into Oozaru and Ryu succumbing to to Satsui no Hadou, both would have the same LS class. Ryu would whack the gorilla outta existance, but it is a fun thought to see the two of them shoving each other.

Eh, I'd be fine with using latter Ryu if the issue is AP. Goku scales as way stronger than a key that is way stronger than a being that did the feat, while Ryu only upscales in one order of magnitude. Ryu might have the advantage but I don't think it is very relevant.

In any case, let's see what's here!

In AP I feel like they are mostly similar, Ryu might have a very slight advantage but nothing too relevant. Goku might be able to impart more force into his blows by using his staff, but he doesn't use it that much compared to how much he uses his fisticuffs. In LS they too are very similar, so no arguments there. I'd say that Ryu is the more skilled grappler out of sheer experience and Goku rarely engaging in that kind of combat, but at the same time not only Goku has immense natural potential and must've trained on it, he is so small that it is very hard to actually grapple with him. In an hypothetical scenario, Goku would have the advantage of grappling.

Now, onto speed. It is equalized, of course, but not only Goku is way, way more mobile with his acrobactics (Which are way better than Ryu's), powers and natural agility, but his reactions are enhanced by his superior senses. This Ryu isn't still quite the same that can more effectively take care of such situations

In powers and all, yeah, Goku also has the advantage. While it wouldn't help that much, he could easily mimic many of Ryu's moves with his mimicry, his reactive power level could act during the fight and he is shown to effectively use his acrobactics which, coupled with his size, allows him to more easily avoid Ryu's attacks. Of course, Ryu has some great tools here: The stunning mechanics, his Shinkuu Tatsumaki would Senpuukyaku'd the stuff outta Goku and he has some more tidbits that help him, but power-wise, he is on the short stick here.

Now, the more intangible aspects of this fight are more interesting to analyse. Ryu is vastly more experienced at this point, and I'd hazard him as being more skilled. He also has a range advantage, which is a boon in melee combat, although directly countered by Goku's small stature. There's also the fact that Ryu's mentality is way better for a fight, even in SFI through Alpha, at his most conflicted and unsure, he was still more prepared and mature in fights than Goku is. I won't say that Goku will be idiotic, far from it, but I would expect him to goof around a bit and try to make things more enjoyable.

All in all, I expect Goku to win with difficulties, with an upset not being unlikely. Goku is too mobile and varied for Ryu, I think, and even if he was losing, his reactive power level can very likely kick in. I really like thinking about this match, because both fighters would grow immensely from this. If this was SF II-IV Ryu, the results would be different.

Fun fact: If they both got angry, with Goku turning into Oozaru and Ryu succumbing to to Satsui no Hadou, both would have the same LS class. Ryu would whack the gorilla outta existance, but it is a fun thought to see the two of them shoving each other.
So a high difficulty for Goku? Okay then I'm voting goku for these reasons.

Since grace has ended, I'm adding the match.

------------------

This match has been incredibly intense for both warriors, who gave them all, and the crowd was heated and amazed as never before.

Eventually, the young promise named Goku snatched the victory. He was tired, hungry but especially eager to having met such a worthy opponent. On the other hand, Ryu was upset, but nonetheless, as his usual, he was also happy because he learned much from this unusual adversary.

Shaking their hands, the two warriors shook their hands and parted ways, promising to meet each other again in the future.

Last edited:
Since grace has ended, I'm adding the match.

------------------

This match has been incredibly intense for both warriors, who gave them all, and the crowd was heated and amazed as never before.

Eventually, the young promise named Goku snatched the victory. He was tired, hungry but especially eager to having met such a worthy opponent. On the other hand, Ryu was upset, but nonetheless, as his usual, he was also happy because he learned much from this unusual adversary.

Shaking their hands, the two warriors shook their hands and parted ways, promising to meet each other again in the future.
For some reason I always forget that versus threads can end without someone killing the other.

Death was also forbidden in this match by the rules I set in the op, I will start to ban death more often, trying to keep certain characters more in-character than how they would be if driven by the need of killing the opponent by SBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back