• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kid Icarus Revisions (but mostly Pit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pit Revisions

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Pit

Pit's profile is inaccurate. It's missing a bit of his unknown hax, and his attack potency is inaccurate. So, after rewatching the game several times, looking into idol descriptions and AR cards, I think I can properly gauge his hax and feats.

His attack potency of Island level+ isn't correct, and should actually be listed as High 4-C or Star level.

One of his powers, fittingly called Meteor Shower, has this idol description. "Release a deluge of shooting stars."

Seeing as it says stars, could this be chalked up to Large Star level? Pit's also has another Tier 5 feat, coming from one of his weapons, Midnight Palm.

"The Midnight Palm is geared toward defense, with ranged attacks that have a strong potential of nullifying incoming fire. It has powerful but slow shots. Its backward-dash charged shot crushes foes with a gigantic moo."

Also, the Atlas Foot was stated to "stomp the Earth".

These statements would also apply to High-Mid tier characters (Palutena, Dark Pit, Chaos Kin, Magnus, Hades, Pyrrhon, Dyntos, Great Sacred Treasure, Viridi, and Chariot Master?) and everyone else Low tier would remain Island level.

Now, for Pit's hax.

Durabilty Negation (Great Reaper Palm)

The Great Reaper Palm uses the power of the Great Reaper to summon Reapettes that hound targets. It takes a while to charge, but unique among weapons, its attacks have the power to halve the foe's maximum health.

There's also an attack called Weaken Attack, which automatically halves health.

Gravity Manipulation (Black Hole)

Create a black hole that pulls enemies toward it.

I get it, it says black hole, but... it doesn't really do any damage in any of the games it's in (Kid Icarus, Sm4sh, Smash Ultimate). Especially since Palutena follows it up with Mega Laser, which actually does damage.

Darkness Manipulation (Darkness)

Turns foes blind.

In game, this is just a huge black mass of darkness that invelops the screen.

Possible acasuality?

The Chaos Vortex is the home of the vicious Chaos Ki. A bizarre dimension not governed by the physical laws of our world, one inch here is somehow a mile there.This mysterious tear in space is truly a glimpse into another world.

Plant Manipulation (Demon Vine) This species of vine grows instantly, blocking creatures and attacks with its tangled tendrils. This makes Demon Vines perfect for erecting barriers to block foes and seal enemies off in corners.

Possible Absorption

Now, this stems from the fact that Dark Pit absorbed Pandora. However, in Smash, both Palutena and Viridi agree that their abilities are equally matched, and it came down to skill. So possible??

Not to mention, Dark Pit's flying Idol Description.

Being Pit's copy, Dark Pit was originally incapable of flight. However, he gains the ability when he absorbs Pandora's remaining power into his wings. And while he may not need help flying, he still shares a bond with his counterpart.

Being his copy, he should have access to this ability as well.

Electricity Manipulation

There's a lot of feats for this, but I'll just choose Lightning of Judgement. It reads:

It's said the lighting gods created the Lightning of Judgment as a way of blowing off a little steam. The item shoots spears of electricity, dealing damage to all enemies within its storm. Super effective in Solo and Together mode.

Space-Time Manipulation (Chomp Trap)

A mysterious pit trap that bends both time and space. Those who step on it find themselves in a dimension of pain, continuously taking damage. Chomp Traps are quite devious, which makes them very dangerous.

Also, that would double as Pain Manipulation.

Effect Dispel? (Not sure what power term there is for this)
(Effect Recovery)

Dispel effects like poison or paralysis.

Possible Casuality Manipulation?
(Pisces Heal)
Heal
by taking attacks that would normally finish you.

This seems pretty weird, but I think this example works as justification. The Demon King (NNT) is able to heal from attacks that SHOULD hurt. Is this a fair explaination?

Possible Body Control?
(Playing Dead)
Fool enemies into thinking you're finished, then turn invisible, making attacks pass through you.

Now, this might seem a little vague for body control, but the description I found on VsBattles for this power said:

Pit temporarily stops his vital signs and masks his presence, feigning death in the process. He is then able to get up and become completely invisible and intangible to sneak up on targets.

Explosion Manipulation

Pit has multiple items like this (Grenades, Bouncy Bomb, etc)

Wind/Limited Weather Manipulation?
(Cylone)

The strong winds created by this item pull enemies toward its center. Any enemies that reach the Cyclone are damaged and then thrown into the air. As an added bonus, they're also spun around, making it hard for them to aim.

I distinctly remember it being a funnel in game, but my memory is hazy.

Reactive Movement
(Dodge Token)

Who has time to think about dodging in the heat of battle? Not you, that's who! Equip the Dodge Toke to automatically dodge some attacks, provided you're not in the middle of your own attack.

Size Manipulation
(Shrinky Bean/Giant Maker)

Users who eat these beans are shrunk down to a smaller, harder-to-hit size. Shrinky Beans don't affect attack power, making them doubly effective. However, being small won't protect you from wide-ranging attacks, so watch out!

Once placed on the ground, players who walk over this item will be turned into giants. While this effect add strength, it also makes the user a much bigger target. Take extra care when facing opponents using staffs.

Summoning
(Atlas Foot)

Just as the Atlas Club was created to look like a giant's arm, the Atlas Foot item calls forth a gigantic foot that stomps the earth in front of its user, crushing enemies. Sadly, this isn't the actual foot of the famous Atlas.

Stamina Manipulation (Tirelessness)

Run contunuously without tiring.

Item Manipulation?? (Item Vaccum/Double Item)

Draws items towards you.

Double the effects of items aquired.

Resurection (https://youtu.be/l4_P_vHtb5c)
Pit: "There's no incentive for them to toughen up--they get revived when they die."

Magnus: "What are you talking about? So do you!"

Coupled with the fact that Pit mentions he HAS died before, it think it's legit.

Regenerationn Nullification (Raptor Claws)

Claws that let wielders go all 65 million BC on enemies. They feature strong melee and ranged attacks, although they have a slow charge time. Wounds received from these claws are so brutal, they often refuse to heal.

Soul Manipulation (https://youtu.be/DAUOrZCSphY)

Palutena states that there's something wrong with the souls of the underworld. It's later stated that the souls of the casualities in war become the monsters in the game. Since Pit reguarly destroys these monsters, couldn't that mean he can attack the phyiscal body, and soul too?

Ice Manipulation (Aquarius Blade)

The Zodiac weapon bearing the sign of Aquarius. It uses extreme pressure to change water into an impossibly sharp edge. Its charged shot pushes enemies back as it damages them, and its melee attack can freeze foes.

Pit also has freezing status items, like Icy Aura.

Water Manipulation (Poseidon Cannon)

Imbued with just a fraction of the sea god's strength, the Poseido Cannon fires rippling, water-like shots that entangle enemies and smash them with the force of a flood. Its rapid fire blasts enemies with a veritable divine water cannon.

Needle Manipulation (Needle Palm)

This palm fires needles that burrow into targets. They travel fast but have little homing ability. There isn't much difference in range between charged shots and continuous fire, so no need to think too hard about gauging your distance.

Resistances:

Resistance to cold/ice manipulation

We've seen this throughout the entire game, as he constantly flies through space, and never once talks about how cold it is. Coupled with the fact that he regularly deals with freezing enemies, I think this stands.

Resistance to heat/fire manipulation

This mountain in the volcanic region is home to the legendary Phoenix. Human life can't survive in this area's blistering heat. In fact, only thanks to Palutena's power of cooling can Pit survive the harsh climate here. And again, Pit reguarly fights flame based enemies.

Resistance to Poison

Same as above, reguarly fights poison based enemies.

Resistance to paralysis

Same as above, reguarly fights paralysis inducing enemies.

Resistance to petrification (Igniot)

A fearsome, rotating cannon that fires off petrifying beams of light. Its dangling eyeball keeps constant vigil, mercilessly blasting any opposing forces that cross its path. Luckily, Palutena's protection ensures Pit is only briefly turned to stone.

And again, he reguarly fights these things.

Resistance to weakness, shaking, confusion, shrink, spi

FRA, regulary fights enemies that cause this.

Resistance to Transmutation
(https://youtu.be/aKLgF_xh2xE)

Palutena's powers passively resort him back to normal. Not to mention, in the original game, the effect wore off with time if you couldn't go to the hospital.

Resistance to soul manipulation. Also, stamina feat (Pit's Body)

The Chaos Ki takes advantage of Pit's weakened state after his battle with the Aurum to seal his soul in a ring. Without a spirit to guide it, Pit's body is at the whim of the Chaos Kin, mindlessly rampaging for three years.

The Chaos Kin takes Pit's soul, probably implying that he couldn't do it while he was at 100%. Also, Pit fights mindlessly for 3 years.

Dark Pit would have everything listed here, except the soul manipulation, and the life force immunity. His resurrection via being Pit's copy is probably likely. Palutena would have everything listed here, except the resistances, and the resurrection, and life force immunity. Lastly, Fighter would also have everything listed here, except the resistances, and the resurrection.

Final Tally:

Kid Icarus high-mid tiers should be upgraded to either Large-Star level, or Planetary, low-tiers should stay Island level, and Pit/Palutena/Dark Pit have a new flurry of hax. Also, where did Existance Erasure come from on the Chariot Master's profile? Same with telekinesis being on Pit's profile.

Well, that's a really long OP, but I'll get some of the starter things out of the way. The Meteor Shower thing sounds too vague and hyperbolic; not really concrete enough to warrant any upgrades. The Midnight Palm and Atlas Foot descriptions also sound really iffy; moon shape doesn't really make it moon level, and "stomp the earth" doesn't really hold that much weight in context.

I might comeback for the big list of powers and abilities section, but some of it seems real iffy. Some of the simpler abilities seem fair game, but the really broken ones sound more like flowery language or vague assumptions. Causality manipulation and Acausality are both really stretching it, as is Space-Time manipulation. Gravity manipulation, summoning, and a couple elemental manipulation stuff seems fine.

>Stamina Manipulation (Tirelessness)

Run contunuously without tiring.

-
This is just Self-Sustenance (Type 3)

>Item Manipulation?? (Item Vaccum/Double Item)

Draws items towards you.

Double the effects of items aquired.

- Depends on what material are the items made of, if they're metal then he should have Magnetism Manipulation

>Reactive Movement
(Dodge Token)

Who has time to think about dodging in the heat of battle? Not you, that's who! Equip the Dodge Toke to automatically dodge some attacks, provided you're not in the middle of your own attack.

- This is Limited Instinctive Reaction, read the page I linked for more info. Limited because he can't dodge when he's in the middle of performing an attack move

>Possible acasuality?

The Chaos Vortex is the home of the vicious Chaos Ki. A bizarre dimension not governed by the physical laws of our world, one inch here is somehow a mile there.This mysterious tear in space is truly a glimpse into another world.

- Could be Resistance to Physics Manipulation, since applying normal physics on this character won't work

>Possible Casuality Manipulation?
(Pisces Heal)
Heal
by taking attacks that would normally finish you.

This seems pretty weird, but I think this example works as justification. The Demon King (NNT) is able to heal from attacks that SHOULD hurt. Is this a fair explaination?

- Wrong. Unless this ability is explicitly stated to manipulate cause and effect, then this ain't it. This is just passive Power Modification.

>Effect Dispel? (Not sure what power term there is for this)
(Effect Recovery)

Dispel effects like poison or paralysis.

- This is Resistance to Poison Manipulation and Paralysis Inducement, but he already has this.

The tier changes i disagree with. Meteor Shower isn't actual stars, Atlas Foot never stomps the Earth. Not sure about Midnight Pawn.

Agree with Xtas.

The rest of the hax and resistences seems fine.

It says crushes foes with a giant moon.

Casuality and Acasuality are streching it, they were really the only things that came to mind off the top of my head when I remembered what some of the power descriptions were like. Apologies for that. As for Space-Time, I don't think that's a problem. The trap does explcitly say that it manipulates space-time. But other than that, glad you can agree.

ÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïÔÇïActually meant to remove Staminia Manipulation, since it didn't sound like any power that was listed under here, but thanks.

The composition of what the items in Kid Icarus are made of is never really said, but since most weapons in that verse were created by Dyntos, it could be assumed it was some sort of magic. Still unsure.

Limited Reactive Movement is fine.

Resistance to Physics Manipulation is fine.

Yeah, again, couldn't think of a term for Effect Dispel.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
The tier changes i disagree with. Meteor Shower isn't actual stars, Atlas Foot never stomps the Earth. Not sure about Midnight Pawn.
Agree with Xtas.

The rest of the hax and resistences seems fine.
Fair. And it was stated that Atlas Foot stomps the Earth, but I'm losing faith in that statement anyways.

Just to be clear, and to anyone reading the thread at the time of this comment:

The tier change so far is iffy, and meteor shower is not stars.

The Acasuailty & Casuality are actually passive Power Modification and Resistance to Physics Manipulation. Stamina Manipulation is Self-Sustenance, and Item Manipulation is still unknown, due to use not knowing the composition of most Kid Icarus weaponry. Reactive Movement is Limited Reactive Movement.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the clarification above. First CRT, so any knowledge helps.

Type 3 Self-Sustenance is used for those that have limitless stamina, which Pit does not have, also the script used in the english version is very different from the original jap. version and that can affect weapons, abilities and statements.

There is a playlist on youtube, unfortunately its incomplete because it misses several episodes.

Thanks.

Though, the playlist just seems to be the playthrough in japanese. The actual weapons aren't mentioned in game, aside from the fact that Dyntos created them.

Their still exists the whole Pyrrhon pushing the Aurum feat in the Japanese version though also a vague statement of The Lighting Chariot having the strength comparable to a comet in the Japanese version

Genericstickman said:
Their still exists the whole Pyrrhon pushing the Aurum feat in the Japanese version though also a vague statement of The Lighting Chariot having the strength comparable to a comet in the Japanese versio
Thank you for pointing that out, my guy. But I think that the comet feats (Meteor Shower) aren't really cutting it. But I will check it.

The Tirelessness doesn't sound like anything beyond superhuman stamina, not limitless or Self Sustenance type 3. Type 1 Self Sustenance actually makes sense since he can survive in space. But still, saving himself from death just sounds like regular healing, not causality manipulation. Chomp Trop just sounds too vague for Space-Time manipulation, but Pain manipulation for that makes sense.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The Tirelessness doesn't sound like anything beyond superhuman stamina, not limitless or Self Sustenance type 3. Type 1 Self Sustenance actually makes sense since he can survive in space. But still, saving himself from death just sounds like regular healing, not causality manipulation. Chomp Trop just sounds too vague for Space-Time manipulation, but Pain manipulation for that makes sense.
Fair, for Tirelessness. Though again, it does say without tiring, and the name implies the same thing. Pit already has superhuman stamina, due to fighting Skyworld's forces and the humans for 3 years straight.

Saving himself from death from an attack that would normally hurt you is what I'm getting at. That would be the opposite of what would normally happen if you were attacked fatally.

Chomp Trap'd description does explicitly say that it bends space-time. I'm not quite sure how it's vague in the slightest, really. As for the Pain Manipulation, that's fine.

I have some things for Hades

1: Changing his 6-B to Unknown possibly 6-B possibly higher since we don't actually know how strong Hades's fighting seriously has

2: Immortality Type 2 for still being alive after his heart got blown up

I am fairly certain he was fighting at his strongest against Pit, especially after he got sucker punched by Medusa. His idol even describes it as his Final Form, implying he was taking the battle seriously (to some margin) at that point.

I'm pretty sure the Great Sacred Treasure is actually a bit of a glass cannon; the physical stats can't be too far above Pit given he actually fought it, and the final attack literally one shots everything it fought. Hades actually was pretty much toying with Pit all throughout the 6 phase fight; I do agree that the country busting statement is a bit vague with no specified timeframe though.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I do agree that the country busting statement is a bit vague with no specified timeframe though.
We don't even know if he says that in the original Japonese version.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm pretty sure the Great Sacred Treasure is actually a bit of a glass cannon; the physical stats can't be too far above Pit given he actually fought it, and the final attack literally one shots everything it fought. Hades actually was pretty much toying with Pit all throughout the 6 phase fight; I do agree that the country busting statement is a bit vague with no specified timeframe though.
It must be above the 3 Sacred Treasures, though. It's likely the actual armor was holding back, as the theme of that chapter in general was just "tests" and "trials".

So, AP is (unfortunately) a no. Hyperboles.

Durabilty Negation (Great Reaper Palm)

Good

Gravity Manipulation (Black Hole)

Good

Darkness Manipulation (Darkness)

Status Effect Inducement

Possible acasuality?

Resistance to Spatial Manipulation is the most I'm going to accept

Plant Manipulation (Demon Vine)

Good

Possible Absorption

Good

Electricity Manipulation

Good

Space-Time Manipulation (Chomp Trap)

This seems actually fine

Also, that would double as Pain Manipulation.

No

Effect Dispel? (Not sure what power term there is for this) (Effect Recovery)

Healing

Possible Casuality Manipulation? (Pisces Heal)

Healing

Possible Body Control?

Unsure, but seems fine

Explosion Manipulation

Good

Wind/Limited Weather Manipulation? (Cylone)

Air Manipulation

Reactive Movement (Dodge Token)

Size Manipulation

Summoning (Atlas Foot)

All Good

Stamina Manipulation (Tirelessness)

Unsure

Item Manipulation?? (Item Vaccum/Double Item)

Telekinesis

I don't think we have something for the second

Resurection (https://youtu.be/l4_P_vHtb5c)

Fine

Regenerationn Nullification (Raptor Claws)

No

Soul Manipulation (https://youtu.be/DAUOrZCSphY)

No

Ice Manipulation (Aquarius Blade)

Water Manipulation (Poseidon Cannon)

Needle Manipulation (Needle Palm)

All good

Resistances, aside from heat, need more explanation.

The thread isn't that long, I'm sure you could read some of the responses...

What's currently being discuessed is the tier of Hades/strength of GST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back