• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King Of Fighters, stats and tiering

So in the latest threads there was some discussion regarding the standing of KoF characters and their stats, I dug up some calculations from the OBD that, if accepted, would make relevant changes to the profiles and finally give a notion of where the KoF verse stands powerwise.

The calculations

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/king-of-fighters-feats-results.35537/

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/king-of-fighters-feats-96-00.35338/

Based on those, these would be their current stats:

Orochi

Tier: 6-C ( far stronger than Goenitz)

AP: Small Island level+ (stronger than Goenitz who has DC of 1.5 to 5.6 Gigatons, can seal off his dimension at will wich is several kilometers in size)

Striking Power: at least City level, likely higher

Speed: at least Massively Hypersonic + ( weaker characters can react to Zero Cannon's beams which are mach 800 to mach 1100)

Kyo Kusanagi

Tier: 7-A ( is one of the three sacred treasures, meant to stop the Orochi clan)

AP: At least Large City Level (Can keep up with Orochi clan members such as Goenitz and is meant to seal Orochi with the aid of Iori and Chizuru)

Striking Power: At least City level, likely higher( Can hurt characters who survived Zero Cannon's beams)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic ( Consistently fights characters who can react to Zero Cannon beams)

Kusanagi

Tier: 7-A ( Is a mirror image of Kyo Kusanagi created by Chizuru)

AP: At least Large City Level

Striking Power: At least City level, likely higher

Speed: Massively Hypersonic

Iori Yagami

Tier: 7-A ( is one of the three sacred treasures, meant to stop the Orochi clan) | High 7-A in Riot of The Blood state

AP: At least Large City Level (Can keep up with Orochi clan members such as Goenitz and is meant to seal Orochi with the aid of Kyo and Chizuru) | Higher (Can physically restrain Orochi)

Striking Power: At least City level, likely higher( Can hurt characters who survived Zero Cannon's beams) | Stronger than before (can physically restrain Orochi)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic ( Consistently fights characters who can react to Zero Cannon beams)| Massively Hypersonic + ( becomes much faster, gameplay shows that he is at least twice as fast)

Powerscaling in-universe actually gives a lot of characters roughly the same stats as Kyo/Iori only slightly weaker, certainly not enough to warrant putting them in a different tier, namely characters such as Rugal, Athena, Zero which already have profiles here.

As for the absolute top tiers of the verse, Orochi, Igniz, Dark Ash their stats can only be extrapolated from their showings against other characters

Orochi, for example, stands far above the likes of Goenitz (who is a servant of his) and he only awakens after absorbing power from the KoF tournaments.

Opinions are welcome.

OH and I thought we barely had people interested in KOF in this wiki despite a certain troublesome person ...Question how reliable is the power scaling to characters in the same league as Rugal and Athena....

Multiple things:

1. The storm feat uses 17,000m as one of its vertical elipses heights when it should be using 15,000m because clouds are 2km above the ground as a standard.

2. He didn't appear to react to the beam before it hits him in the video provided. If he does react to the beam, please provide a video of the feat. Otherwise, speed feat is discarded.

Southtown feat is fine and use the high end (total fatalities).

I think Kyo and Iori should be just High 7-C, Orochi is weak to tte sacres treasures, but not Kyo perse. Also, he has no other feats aside from Zero Cannon scaling, Orochi has no stated tier nor skills in 97', the previous tier was based on his japanese mythological form.

Goenitz and Zero were not defeated by Kyo, Iori nor Chizuru, that was the Hero Team. (Kula, K and Maxima) and i kind of doubt his feats.

And, the Zero Cannon scale differs a little bit.

Terry barely survived it, Bao died but was saved by kensou and Chang and Choi was comic relief.

I think Kyo and the rest should be 7-C to 7-B, like stated on the other thread.

Alakabamm said:
Multiple things:
1. The storm feat uses 17,000m as one of its vertical elipses heights when it should be using 15,000m because clouds are 2km above the ground as a standard.

2. He didn't appear to react to the beam before it hits him in the video provided. If he does react to the beam, please provide a video of the feat. Otherwise, speed feat is discarded.

Southtown feat is fine and use the high end (total fatalities).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAzlVHVov1E

Around the 0:47 mark we can see takuma charging his attack and in 0:49 he manages to move at least 1m before the beam had chance to move

Takuma

This means he blitzed the beam over a short distance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjy4Agd8oKk6:00

6:00 Bao catches the beam and then attacks the satellite with one of his supers you can see in the next video meaning this is very likely to be his attack speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAypyHVutI

at 5:33 you can see the super used in-game

As for the Cloud calculation, that might take some time I'll try to calculate it myself.

To further add to the assertion that KoF characters are MHS there is also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK201maxTI0

Benimaru, who can control lighting, shows he can call lightning strikes from above on command

And in 2:39 you can see him redirecting a lightning bolt.

The fact that the lighting is falling from the sky destroys the idea that this could be anything other than legitimate cloud-to-ground lightning.

The cloud edit shouldn't be that hard tbh, just multiply the two values by 15/17

As for the beam speed, the first video in your response is sufficient and if you are going to use the feat I would suggest linking that video as well.

volume = Pi / 6 * (32000 * 32000 * 15000)

8042477193189.87 m3 or 8042477193189.87 kg

"Speed: Assuming the storm crossed at least its radius in those time frames we get
2 285.71429 m / s
1 142.85714 m / s"

"Now let's input the values to this"
http://www.csgnetwork.com/kineticenergycalc.html
New Results

High End =20995791491504099328 J or 5018.11 MT

Low End = 5244354613089070000 J or 1253.43 MT

Alakabamm said:
The cloud edit shouldn't be that hard tbh, just multiply the two values by 15/17
As for the beam speed, the first video in your response is sufficient and if you are going to use the feat I would suggest linking that video as well.
Well, I already redid them, wasn't really hard since the work was already done and I just needed to replace one value, but using this method should be good too. I will use it in the future since it seems to be faster than revising the whole thing.

15/17=0.88235294117

5687.1 *0.88235294117= 5018.029411727907

1420.5 *0.88235294117= 1253.382352931985

Mega Robot Plastic said:
I think Kyo and Iori should be just High 7-C, Orochi is weak to tte sacres treasures, but not Kyo perse.
Also, he has no other feats aside from Zero Cannon scaling, Orochi has no stated tier nor skills in 97', the previous tier was based on his japanese mythological form.

Goenitz and Zero were not defeated by Kyo, Iori nor Chizuru, that was the Hero Team. (Kula, K and Maxima) and i kind of doubt his feats.
You're confusing Goenitz and Igniz.

Goenitz
is one of Orochi's four heavenly kings/servants and he is the one that has the High 7-A feat

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Hakkesshu

• The Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi (ÕøøÕñ®þÄï, Shiten Ou) - The four strongest warriors in the Hakkesshu among The Eight Heads. They control elements of nature, possess some of Orochi's original abilities, and can activate the Riot of the Blood in people who are susceptible to it. Orochi can probably incarnate in them, as he did with Chris. Their moves are all written using the Cyrillic alphabet.
    • Leopold Goenitz
    • Yashiro Nanakase
    • Shermie
    • Chris
Kyo/Iori/Chizuru are getting scaling from Goenitz/Yashiro/Shermie/Chris all of whom can dramatically change the enviroment during their fights by causing supercells, thunderstorms and volcanic eruptions.

Orochi is indeed several times stronger than his servants and none of the three sacred treasures can fight him alone reason for why I believe he is at least 6-C

Igniz is another character from the NESTS saga.

His tier at the moment is unknown, but K' is genetically enhanced by Kyo's DNA so any feats he might have are scalable to Kyo.

AguilaR101 said:
Alakabamm said:
Well, I already redid them, wasn't really hard since the work was already done and I just needed to replace one value, but using this method should be good too. I will use it in the future since it seems to be faster than revising the whole thing.
15/17=0.88235294117

5687.1 *0.88235294117= 5018.029411727907

1420.5 *0.88235294117= 1253.382352931985
Barely changes anything looks good commence with the changes!

I swear there was another thread about this, was it locked?

Anyways I've been re-playing a lot of KoF lately since i'm hyped for XIV so I was pretty disappointed when I came to check and the profiles were all incomplete or poorly done, characters being so weak because of unknown reasons was a shame. So nice to see that it's getting some attention now.

@Inoue: It was locked because half of the users (give or take) who gave their input there were nothing but sockpuppets of a banned user here. That's all i'm going to say on that.

So basically, this had to be remade.

Expect a long reply from me when I have the time to. I'll see if any of this is verifiable or might need to be reverted. I have a feeling that you are a latin American of some sort to which I say bienvenido being one myself. But sadly, there is a lot of fanboyism in the Spanish-speaking KOF community so I'll have to see if this falls under it, so far it doesn't seem like it. Thanks for this thread :)

Back