• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby Cosmology Upgrade Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired of this and I already judged that this would be pushed to keep on going forever by the way Peptocoptr27 acts. Can other staff please do the talking? I would love to unfollow this, after it's taken care of.

What I’m confused with in regards to opposition to this is how exactly they can interpret the statement. Is your issue the statement isn’t enough or that the statement isn’t a 5-D statement, because the latter makes 0 sense to me. Argue about the fact it’s on Twitter and not inside of canon material and the likes if you wanna, but a blatant statement that AD is Mathematically > All 4D Constructs is as blatant as it can particularly get

This thread has been so exhausting and long for no reason at all. It's logical to assume that AD is qualitatively superior because by virtue it must have an element of magnitude greater than any universe that is blatantly a substructure of it mind you. This isn't meant to be some confusing map or eccentrically difficult realm to evaluate, it's just point blank a space that is large enough (and by the subset property to be of the same cardinality) to contain a vast number of already [assumed to be] infinite sized Four dimensional worlds. If what I said comes off as confusing, I basically said because it contains substructures of infinite sized worlds, it must have a larger infinity to contain and make a defined set of parameters.

In short I agree and I felt the need to express my thoughts why.

Last edited:
I'm tired of this and I already judged that this would be pushed to keep on going forever by the way Peptocoptr27 acts. Can other staff please do the talking? I would love to unfollow this, after it's taken care of.
Interesting. What is this way I act that drags the thread for a needlessly long time to push it to an unnatural conclusion? Refuting your arguments? Being persistant? None of this is breaking the rules. No matter how many times you may try to claim I do, without elaborating on why, like so
What I’m confused with in regards to opposition to this is how exactly they can interpret the statement. Is your issue the statement isn’t enough or that the statement isn’t a 5-D statement, because the latter makes 0 sense to me. Argue about the fact it’s on Twitter and not inside of canon material and the likes if you wanna, but a blatant statement that AD is Mathematically > All 4D Constructs is as blatant as it can particularly get
According to Effi, the Twitter statement is fine to use. He simply thinks it's not a 5D statement. In fact, he doesn't even think it's 4D...

Last edited:
I'm tired of this
Do you think I'm not tired of this too? If you had any good reason to think I engage in bad faith, you should have kept the thread closed way back then. (I was already so sick of it so much that I had given up at that point anyway.) But you have no reason to think so, so you rightfully didn't. However, what you did instead was that you opted to edit the FAQ, re-open the thread and claim that said edits dismantles the upgrade when it clearly doesn't, before unfollowing it. You want the thread to end? Then own up to it, and please answer the question below genuinely:
Within the context of a 2D cosmology, a 3D being would be superior to the mathematical dimensions in said cosmology. Another 2D being, no matter how large, would not. Do you agree with that?

Do we have any precedent on our site of a space between universes/timelines being rated as above Tier 2?

If not, I keep to my prior stance that we don't have primary source material of Qualitative Superiority to justify taking the Transcendence statement at face value.

1) I do not think so.

2) Okay, so should we not apply any revisions, and then close this thread then?

Thanks for sticking around Firestorm. Greatly appreciated.
Do we have any precedent on our site of a space between universes/timelines being rated as above Tier 2?
Counter-question:
Within the context of a 2D cosmology, a 3D being would be superior to the mathematical dimensions in said cosmology. Another 2D being, no matter how large, would not. Do you agree with that?
If not, I keep to my prior stance that we don't have primary source material of Qualitative Superiority to justify taking the Transcendence statement at face value.
There is precedance for a tier 1 structure only containing a Low 2-C structure. The FAQ even says so. Why would a structure that contains multiple Low 2-C structures not be eligible for qualitative superiority just because it also nakes up thr space between them? That's kind of required in order to contain them. As long as my evidence for qualitative superiority is valid (which it very blatantly is), there is absolutely no reason for this to be a deal breaker.

There is precedance for a tier 1 structure only containing a Low 2-C structure. The FAQ even says so. Why would a structure that contains multiple Low 2-C structures not be eligible for qualitative superiority just because it also nakes up thr space between them? That's kind of required in order to contain them. As long as my evidence for qualitative superiority is valid (which it very blatantly is), there is absolutely no reason for this to be a deal breaker.
When I ask about precedence, I'm asking about an existing profile or verse location that has already been through the evaluation process. What has already been evaluated as Tier 1 that has the same attributes/justifications as the Kirby location?

Do we have any prior evaluations determining that the space between timelines qualifies as a Low 1-C location?

Last edited:
@Antvasima @Everything12
Here's a better explanation for the space between timelines being Tier 2. See the image below.

lMzwaan.png

For the circle on the far left, is the red dot located in Tier 1 space?

For the middle circle, is the red dot still located in Tier 1 space?

For the far right circle, is the red dot still located in Tier 1 space?

The space between timelines is just Tier 2 because you can just add another timeline to fill in that space.

To be Tier 1 space, you need to be qualitatively beyond the limits of a Tier 2 structure.

Last edited:
I don’t believe it should be thrown aside if it’s not contradicted.

Also I have yet to see anyone actually disprove the qualitative superiority dictated by the translations
How about the fact that it doesn't meet the qualifications for qualitative superiority.

This mathematical superiority stuff is as applicable for qualitative superiority as statements of transcending the fourth dimension. Just adding the term mathematical there does not give it any more validity.

Additional context and explanation of Another Dimension's relationship with the universes is needed for it to considered applicable for Tier 1.

Last edited:
How about the fact that it doesn't meet the qualifications for qualitative superiority.

This mathematical superiority stuff is as applicable for qualitative superiority as statements of transcending the fourth dimension. Just adding the term mathematical there does not give it any more validity.

Additional context and explanation of Another Dimension's relationship with the universes is needed for it to considered applicable for Tier 1.
Since when does transcending a 4-D structure not qualify? And even if that’s what’s been done in the past, doesn’t mean it’s right. How can something that transcends a 4-D structure not be a dimension higher? The logic baffles me. The term itself implies a trivialization of all below it.

Last edited:
Since when does transcending a 4-D structure not qualify? And even if that’s what’s been done in the past, doesn’t mean it’s right. How can something that transcends a 4-D structure not be a dimension higher? The logic baffles me. The term itself implies a trivialization of all below it.
Because you require more evidence and a more detailed description than simply being stated to transcend a 4-D structure. It is actually a firm part of the wiki's system of what does and does not count as qualitative superiority and Tier 1. Simple statements of transcendence are not applicable as anymore than supporting evidence for qualitative superiority, it has been stated by staff for years in many a Tier 1 upgrade thread.

To clarify your earlier question, you are asking if a 2-D being can be stronger than 3-D being?
No. Obviously that can be the case. Any fictional character can have power that goes beyond thier own dimensionality. I'll elaborate upon my question among other things shortly. In the meantime, merry Christmas/holidays everyone! Especially you, TheNinthHour and CloverDragon!

“It’s been done before” isn’t an excuse, that’s why Appeal to Tradition is a fallacy. And I’ve been trying to find this “system” of what does and doesn’t qualify. Where is it?
Maybe somebody can read through the following pages for specifics?

Also, thank you to all staff members who are helping out here. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Okay, after reading through, I really don’t see how this doesn’t qualify for Low 1-C. Not only does Another Dimension transcend 4-D structures, thus implying a trivialization of them, it was also mentioned that said universes are depicted in Another Dimension as flat, fading projections, meaning they are contained within AD itself. This was deemed a “wanked view” of it, but no further elaboration was given, so I don’t think that should be paid any mind.

Maybe somebody can read through the following pages for specifics?

Okay, after reading through, I really don’t see how this doesn’t qualify for Low 1-C. Not only does Another Dimension transcend 4-D structures, thus implying a trivialization of them, it was also mentioned that said universes are depicted in Another Dimension as flat, fading projections, meaning they are contained within AD itself. This was deemed a “wanked view” of it, but no further elaboration was given, so I don’t think that should be paid any mind.
@Everything12 @Firestorm808 @Eficiente

Also, it should be noted that not once did I see in these guidelines that transcending a structure of X dimensions would not qualify for a dimension higher than that (X + 1). So… yeah, Appeal to Tradition go brr

You should check the Tiering System FAQ, questions 7 and 8 then.
What I’m seeing is that statements of transcendence should be taken case by case. If 4-D structures are depicted in Another Dimension as flat, fading projections (and even now on the profiles, there are spaces within Another Dimension that are considered to be likely space-time continuums, hence the likely 2-C, meaning Another Dimension has 4-D structures within it), then transcendence in AD’s case should be taken as a higher dimension

I will ask DontTalkDT for some input help here.

To clarify your earlier question, you are asking if a 2-D being can be stronger than 3-D being?
My question has nothing to do with power since any character can have power that goes beyond their own dimensionality. I'm asking if an object being 3D is enough to say it is superior to mathematical dimensions within the context of a 2D cosmology, and vice-versa.
The space between timelines is just Tier 2 because you can just add another timeline to fill in that space.
Without further context or additional statements, sure.
To be Tier 1 space, you need to be qualitatively beyond the limits of a Tier 2 structure.
You can be qualitatively superior to something while still having it be a part of yourself. The basic premise of so many tier 1 structures including this one is that they have tier 2 structures inside of them. Just because they make up a part of the larger structure doesn't mean the larger structure can't extend further than them to the point of qualitative superiority.
You consider the space between timelines as justification for Tier 1?
It's neither a justification or a debunk. It's just there. You're making way too big of a deal out of it.
Because you require more evidence and a more detailed description than simply being stated to transcend a 4-D structure
Thankfully, it doesn't just transcend "a 4D structure". It transcends all dimensionality up to 4D.

You can be qualitatively superior to something while still having it be a part of yourself. The basic premise of so many tier 1 structures including this one is that they have tier 2 structures inside of them. Just because they make up a part of the larger structure doesn't mean the larger structure can't extend further than them to the point of qualitative superiority.
I think this part is especially notable in Another Dimension’s case given the aforementioned depiction of these structures. It implies that they are infinitesimal by comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back