• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirby's speed revision,quadrillions still valid?

Hello,in the general disscussion about kirby,It was argued Kirby should be in the trillions and not quadrillions FTL,which was the reason of this? I think,another dimension being too much smaller doesnt affect kirby's speed that big,i mean Kirby's feat isn't Traveling through another dimension,but traveling from his universe to another,this way,another dimension being considered smaller doesnt affect the feat that much,Kirby should be still in the quadrillions,maybe a bit less,but not for throwing 967 quadrillions to trillions.

I don't have idea. But if the calc is for Kirby traveling from Pop Star to Halcandra, I don't think there should be a too big revision

Kirby has a ton of speed feats. Going from traveling from one end of the galaxy to another, going from one galaxy to another, sending a meteor 9999 lightyears in like 20 seconds, to keeping up with the Lor Starcutter. The Lor should still have a great speed feat via traveling from Kirby's universe to Magolor's home universe (Halcandra). His speed should be fine.

Kirby is no longer traveling "from one universe to another", just from one universe to a realm of unknown size, I have no idea what distance can be assumed for that.

@Foggy The battle clearly takes place in AD. If we use statements Kirby is Subsonic+ at best.

I don't think that affects neither the speed,it doesnt mean anything is another realm,Kirby is still traveling a big distance to reach another dimension (not "another dimension" i mean literally another dimension,another realm,but seeing how its a different "universe" the quadrillions c should be valid).

Kirby71 said:
Sees quadrillions are screwed, waits for infinite speed feats.
We still have the Lor going from Kirby's universe to Magolor's home universe and the Jamba Heart pieces crossing the galaxy/universe in a super short time frame.

Foggysniper said:
Actually, scratch that. Both pause screen descriptions for that "feat" say the Grand Doomer was in Popstar.

"Evil Sphere Doomers have come to Planet Popstar from another dimension, drawn by the lost Energy Spheres… This one is huge!"

"The lost Energy Spheres have created dimensional rifts. The Grand Doomer has emerged from one such rift!"
Interestingly enough the Grand Doomer "arrives" from the Lor Starcutter piece itself forming around it if I remember correctly. So maybe it what is acting as a portal? It's needed for the Lor Starcutter which can open dimensional rifts after all. Maybe more or less this is just speculation.

It's not only the Grand Doomer's pause descriptions; it's also that…

- Just like that background is a reminder of where it came from, the surroundings of the AD areas with Energy Spheres are reminders of the stages Kirby and Co. come from.

- The Grand Doomer's presence doesn't make the place appear grayscale and neither does the Greater Doomer's, which means that occurs only in AD.

- If Warp Stars could go from Pop Star to AD without portals or teleportation, there'd be no reason they couldn't go from AD to Halcandra too, and it'd be pointless that the Lor is used by Magolor to take Kirby and Co. from Pop Star to Halcandra as a promise.

This time, I posted a first comment 100% relevant to the topic, and I hope it's also the last one I have to post in this thread.

Somelatinguy said:
- If Warp Stars could go from Pop Star to AD without portals or teleportation, there'd be no reason they couldn't go from AD to Halcandra too, and it'd be pointless that the Lor is used by Magolor to take Kirby and Co. from Pop Star to Halcandra as a promise.
This is the only thing you said that I have a good argument against. Basically the other option is there are already existing portals that take you there which would literally make it just as pointless.

>If Warp Stars could go from Pop Star to AD without portals or teleportation, there'd be no reason they couldn't go from AD to Halcandra too, and it'd be pointless that the Lor is used by Magolor to take Kirby and Co. from Pop Star to Halcandra as a promise.

This ignores the fact that AD is (now) the space between Kirby & Magolor's universes. Kirby has no idea of how to go to Magolor's universe, much less an specific planet there. Traveling to an area where he has at least been there before isn't as ludicrous.

- Where is it stated that the three dimensions are spatially connected?

- Kirby and Co. may not know the location of Halcandra, but Magolor does and he'd guide them if they all went there on one or more Warp Stars.

- Even if that were false, there are still the Grand Doomer's description and the other two points (by the way, by "surroundings" I mean "floors, walls and ceilings").

- Azzy already said why it's like that in his revision thread.

- Literally absurd for the situation that you propose. They have no reason to go there at this point in the history, and why would they go there leaving Magolor's beloved Lor broken?

- Statements that contradict speed feats doesn't make them inapplicable, especially when the error is so notable.

Wait,quadrillions are still valid,i just noticed,do you want to know why?

Edit: not 967 quadrillions,basically half.

1) If that comes from "Another Dimension contains multiple stars and nebulae", it's certainly finite (*), but it's in another space-time continuum.

- "After roaming around the dimension beyond space and time, he might've found an exit." - Miiverse

- "… Executing Space-time Transport…" - Star Dream (about Galacta Knight)

- "… via an inter-dimensional road beyond the space-time continuum" - VS Galacta Knight

(*) It was an error to refer to it as "Another Dimension" all along, as it's something within a dimension, not the dimension itself.

2) He can return for it later; after all, he cares more about taking over Kirby's universe.

3) That's petitio principii, and there are still the other two points.

Bluetrekking said:
I stated why it is invalid in this thread
@Bluetrekking Yeah but that doesnt invalidate 100% the feat, just lowers It (half basically) first,the calc says: Seeing that these dimensions are likely to be entire universes, perhaps there should be an end where the distance between Magolor's dimension and Kirby's Pop star is about a universe's length. Ok AD is not universe sized,but as i said: Kirby's feat isn't Traveling through another dimension,but traveling from his universe to another,this way,another dimension being considered smaller doesnt affect the feat that much,Kirby should be still in the quadrillions,maybe a bit less,but not for throwing 967 quadrillions to trillions.

What i mean is Kirby is still is running a big distance,not universe length,lets assume half,this way,instead of 92 billion light years,there are 46 billion light years,if you do the calc,It should give you still a good amount of quadrillions c.

The timeframe also has a massive problem. It should be longer than originally calculated.

The distance was originally decided to be 1 universe length because Kirby went from one universal dimension to the another. Since one is no longer universal in size. That assumption should no longer be made.

Bluetrekking said:
The timeframe also has a massive problem. It should be longer than originally calculated.
The distance was originally decided to be 1 universe length because Kirby went from one universal dimension to the another. Since one is no longer universal in size. That assumption should no longer be made.
But the another one is universe for real,for that i say its still quadrillions,the distance should be half an universe.

Will Kirby still be in quadrillions? Maybe. But until a corrected calc is made, Kirby isn't in the quadrillions.

But I'm still not buying half universe distance. Magolor's dimension's size wasn't just cut in half but is way smaller than first assumed.

The universal distance was between to realms of universal size. Now the distance is between a realm the size of a Star cluster and a universe. That is a massive difference than what was first assumed.

We need to call azzy for this,i'd like to do a drawing to explain it but not have the time.

Yeah but my reason is still reasonable,also i have some theories about AD.

1-Its universe sized and magolor just destroyed a part of it with several stars (star dream still summoned GK implying AD still lives)

2 its a dimension created by magolor (that means the "AD" not being universe sized its invalid since the one not universe sized is created by magolor,so the AD Kirby did travel to would be)

This is why quadrillions c are valid,Azzy didn't mind this.

I don't mind quadrillions Kirby. I really don't but a corrected calc has to be made with a corrected timeframe and distance.

@Bluetrekking As I said in your other thread, the timeframe was not really a problem. However it is a valid point I will remake my calc with 2 different timeframes just in case, one at 3 secs and one at 9 secs.

Back