• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kirito vs Squall Leonhart

AnimeJapan 2019 Kirito goods visual
In order to keep your calm and apply the teachings of the Aincrad style, it is essential to keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool".

Squall-leonhart-01
"Right and Wrong aren't what separates us and our enemies...it's our different standpoints...our perspectives that separate us."

Rules: Both Combatants at 4-A
Speed is Equalized

Who wins and Why?

Kirito: 0

Squall:

Inconclusive:

Then my vote goes to Squall, he has higher AP and can start either with Spellcasting him (although killing this way would be difficult due to Incarnation) or just absorp Kirito's power, weakening him and attack him.

Also, he can resist the freeze GG.

Squall can start with silence (to prevent freeze GG) into doom giving battle a 60 sec time limit as insurance. (I don't see death manip resistance in this key for Kirito) into instant death (unless Kirito has resistance and I am blind) Squall could also likely draw Freeze from Kirito and use it against him (Does he have any resistance to his own Freeze GG?)

Squall doesnt really per se have an opening move like most game characters, honestly anything goes. Squall should take this tho. Better experience, Better AP, and more versatility to finish and end fights compared to Kirito.

SinsofMan said:
Squall doesnt really per se have an opening move like most game characters, honestly anything goes.
Squall should take this tho. Better experience, Better AP, and more versatility to finish and end fights compared to Kirito.
Vote Counted

Kirito is currently against Caius here and there are arguments that he can inconclusive him.

The AP advantage is negated via Kirito being ~7.5 ZettaFoes at full power (not 20%) + stat amps through Incarnation (which will passively manipulate probability to increase Kirito's chances of winning anyways), energy absorption (will constantly become stronger as long as there is "energy" or "life" (called resources in the light novels) in the universe he's fighting in, which include absorbing entire stars), and Sword Skills (which already boost the speed and power of the user).

Remember that Kirito can also copy (or at least know about) Squall's powers through peering into his fluctlight (his soul) and using that too his advantage. In this key he is also extremely cautious, so that's likely his go-to other than flash freezing or setting up barriers around him. Once that happens, Kirito will know everything about Squall, and will act accordingly.

Also...

>Squall having better experience

You... do know that this version of Kirito is 200+ (possibly 400+) years old, right...?

I'll address the other counters later, but for now refer to the Caius thread for more reasonings.

An AP advantage is still an AP advantage. Also, Power Copying aint gonna do anything to put it bluntly with Squall could end the fight in so many different ways. He could Stop Kirito in Time, Kill Kirito instantly by adding the Death Status Effect on his weapon or just use it on Kirito, inflict Silence on Kirito so he cant even cast magic and proceed to beat his face in. He can BFR Kirito or just inflict Confusion on Kirito. Squall is far more haxy then Kirito and could end the fight in an instant in so many ways, it honestly aint funny. And even if somehow Squall did die, he can just cast Phoenix on himself. His Healing Spells also help, Also, I didnt stutter on experience. Squall has fought a multitude of enemies including Robot Spiders, Ancient Soceresses, a Reality Warper who wanted to compress space-time and also defeated a multitude of monsters. Sure, Kirito does have more exprience fighting, but Squalls Slightly better Experience and more varied experience should take it imo.

Honestly, even if I conceded this point to you, Squall would probably just one shot Kirito so it wouldnt honestly matter.

Squall would still take this via Hax and Better Versaility.

None of which Kirito has resistances too.

I like Kirito, but Squall should take this 8/10 The only two times I see Kirito winning is Squall opens up with something stupid like Fire or using a weak summon like Ifrit and power copying his entire arsenel.

But you cant copy most of the time if you have been bfred, frozen in time, inflicted with confusion/berserk or killed instantly with death.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Nice! Squalls gonna get his first win. I knew the downgrades would help find more good matches for him.
I know right?

3C FF characters literally never got used.

With 4A being a thing, we have more potential

Alas The Grace Period has come to an end. This can be closed and added to both profiles

There isn't a specific rule about that from what I can tell. It's just that a lot of profiles are locked which require a mod to unlock them to add the win.

Back