• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic X) vs Buttercup (1998) (0-7-0) (grace)

I'm tempted to say Knuckles has a good shot at winning this.

Her mobility doesn't seem too impactful, as SBA places the location in NYC and thus there's room aplenty for him to use gliding to his advantage should he get an opportunity during a battle where his opponent has that much more maneuverability than him. Giving chase to a fellow land walker (Sonic) during a fight is very different from attempting to chase a girl who can fly freely. Even if Knuckles is a little dim-witted, I doubt even he's that stupid.

I was a literal child when I watched PPGs so I'm gonna give Buttercup the benefit of the doubt and assume that if she's getting hard-pressed in CQC then she'll start using ranged attacks. As for when that eventually becomes a factor, it'll really be about how Knuckles manages to close the distance (whether that be him doing the closing, or getting her into doing so somehow). Likewise, I think Knuckles' tactics are gonna flip when the flying child starts shooting green laser beams at him. And I doubt the LS would really matter too much, grappling is far from Knuckles' style when he can just swing a good punch.

Not voting yet, but I think Knuckles is being too easily dismissed with Buttercup's advantages that aren't too great in the grand scheme of things imo.

Man, this thread has been up for like 9 months and I just realized that I didn't equalize speed. Speed is now equalized!

Back