• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright, something that has been bothering me for a while. Currently it is listed that Echoes Act 1 can be broken through sheer will power. I believe this is wrong. It comes from Yukako broke through it due to sheer denial of reality. I think it is clearly that yukako has resistance to empathic or word based powers, instead of it being a weakness of Echoes. Thoughts on this?

Is Yukako the only one who resisted it? If so, it could point to a resistance on her part rather than a weakness on Koichi's part.

If this is a single time thing and we have a proper explanation a Resistance should be fine. If not, this might be a case of PIS instead of a power's weakness or Resistance to said power.

Hmmm. Calaca brings up a good point. Are there scans for when Yukako broke out of Act 1's influence? Maybe we can get a better understanding if we see it happening.

Calaca Vs said:
If this is a single time thing and we have a proper explanation a Resistance should be fine. If not, this might be a case of PIS instead of a power's weakness or Resistance to said power.
I can look scans of the scene

Found the chapter. From the looks of it, she is just straight up so out of touch with reality that no words will reach her. This has nothing to do with will power, she just didn't ******* hear a thing. I think this is resistance to both Empathic Manipulation and Sound Manipulation

Wait, I just realized that the thread is in the VS threads board.

Stands evolve with the user.

Koichi likely cant be nulled with sheer force of will by the end of part 4 since he affected Kira (who, mind you, was showing an astouding determination at the end).

I don't think it was sheer force of will to begin with anyway. The manga points to it being more due to her being so out of touch with reality that words do not reach her

I dont think words need to reach you when Koichi has shown the ability to set words and using them as traps.

Echos Act 1 was the only one with the supposed weakness. The reason Echos Act 1 didn't work on Yukako is because she just flat out didn't hear the attack due to being out of touch with reality. Act 2, which is what lets him put words into reality, works on her

"If they cant hear the words, punch them with a whole sentence"

Eh, it's fine. Remove the weakness.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Yeah lol. Should we add resistance to Empathic Manipulation and Sound Manipulation to Yukako's profile as well?
Unless she can enter berserker mode at will, nope.

Maybe an Intelligence note?

She is always in that state, or at least we only ever see her in that state.

It doesn't have to do with her intelligence, it has to do with her Delusion

Iapitus The Impaler said:
She is always in that state, or at least we only ever see her in that state.

It doesn't have to do with her intelligence, it has to do with her Delusion
Doesnt she snap out of it after her confrontation with the gang? I remember them considering her a friend. At least Koichi.

They consider her a friend, but she is still psychotic. Her insanity is usually more low grade, but it does not bring her into touch with reality any more than when she is steaming mad. Her and Koichi are just able to develop a relationship anyway, but I wouldn't call her any more sane.

I mean, I wouldn't justify it like that, but she is so out of touch with reality that someone was literally pumping sound directly into her head that causes people intense physical and emotional distress, but she just didn't ******* hear it lol. Insanity to that level justifies it. I'll go ahead and add it, since that seemed like confirmation

Lol.

On a seperate note, I am gonna see if I can find any way to scale Yukako to the greater scaling chain of Jojo, because he having such low AP is just weird

Back