• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kong (MonsterVerse) drop

Hello, now I will explain that Kong's (MonsterVerse) version does not measure up to the normally evolved Godzilla.

there is no evidence that kong knocked out godzilla

being koed = becoming unconscious

the only thing that raises consideration is the statement that "he's laying still", and that is not evidence that godzilla was KOed. this can be explained by varying other possibilities, than a KO, take for instance the possibility that he could have been temporarily stunned or faking it , godzilla being KOed is only a matter of possibility like the other possibilities i mentioned, also, in the movie, when kong started dragging godzilla, godzilla's eyes were open and he was moving, which could be evidence that godzilla was faking or stunned at that moment, because someone who is knocked out cannot stand up that fast.
furthermore, being knocked out means being defeated, but godzilla was never defeated against kong. When kong started to drag godzilla, godzilla used his spiral ray to push kong away from himself, and in the last part of the fight, he defeated kong by knocking him down. Later, godzilla defeated kong completely. while he was about to kill kong, Mothra suddenly appeared and saved kong's life.

The conclusion here = godzilla was not knocked out, he was momentarily stunned, so what should be written on kong's vsbw profile is not "momentarily knocked out godzilla evolved godzilla", but "momentarily stunned evolved godzilla"

Hello, now I will explain that Kong's (MonsterVerse) version does not measure up to the normally evolved Godzilla.

there is no evidence that kong knocked out godzilla

being koed = becoming unconscious

the only thing that raises consideration is the statement that "he's laying still", and that is not evidence that godzilla was KOed. this can be explained by varying other possibilities, than a KO, take for instance the possibility that he could have been temporarily stunned or faking it , godzilla being KOed is only a matter of possibility like the other possibilities i mentioned, also, in the movie, when kong started dragging godzilla, godzilla's eyes were open and he was moving, which could be evidence that godzilla was faking or stunned at that moment, because someone who is knocked out cannot stand up that fast.
furthermore, being knocked out means being defeated, but godzilla was never defeated against kong. When kong started to drag godzilla, godzilla used his spiral ray to push kong away from himself, and in the last part of the fight, he defeated kong by knocking him down. Later, godzilla defeated kong completely. while he was about to kill kong, Mothra suddenly appeared and saved kong's life.

The conclusion here = godzilla was not knocked out, he was momentarily stunned, so what should be written on kong's vsbw profile is not "momentarily knocked out godzilla evolved godzilla", but "momentarily stunned evolved godzilla"
No Evidence = I disagree with the post.

And no, being knocked out for a while doesnt means that Godzilla was defeated, this is not MMA or stuff like that

btw you're prolly sad that Ghidorah is absolutely mogged by Kong right now :ROFLMAO:

To be honest, I never believed that Kong could scale up to Godzilla's best feats and to Godzilla himself.

None of his feats even come close to being Tier 6. He literally sets his shoulder with a building and uses buildings as weapons, almost being knocked out by Godzilla's punch (Even though Godzilla has weak punching power, since he's a lizard with short arms) handles), and even light contact with Godzilla's beam was almost fatal for him. He's almost a one-shot for Godzilla's beam attacks.

Nobody even hinted that he could withstand even a nuclear attack. All statements that Kong has good physical strength in comparison with Godzilla break down in a film in which Godzilla is always colossally stronger than an ape in a direct fight.

(To be honest, I also don't believe Godzilla can scale in SS to Tier 6, considering he's touted to be a Low 7-C level at best in that regard. Beams, yes. Durability, yes. But I don't I can imagine Godzilla being at least nearly as powerful in terms of physical strength. It feels like scaling SS to Durability is outlier)

Godzilla, who is unable to destroy the pyramid with one attack, does not think so.
Godzilla who tanked a beam that was equal to his and fought a guy who could physically harm him, does think so.
Just because the series doesn't take into account how a power output affects everything he interacts with, doesn't mean he isn't that strong. This is simply how fiction works. Pretty much every anime, marvel or dc movie, book, action game and more does that.

To be honest, I never believed that Kong could scale up to Godzilla's best feats and to Godzilla himself.

None of his feats even come close to being Tier 6. He literally sets his shoulder with a building and uses buildings as weapons, almost being knocked out by Godzilla's punch (Even though Godzilla has weak punching power, since he's a lizard with short arms) handles), and even light contact with Godzilla's beam was almost fatal for him. He's almost a one-shot for Godzilla's beam attacks.

Nobody even hinted that he could withstand even a nuclear attack. All statements that Kong has good physical strength in comparison with Godzilla break down in a film in which Godzilla is always colossally stronger than an ape in a direct fight.
bro literally matches goji and tanks his attacks. this is just cope

Godzilla who tanked a beam that was equal to his and fought a guy who could physically harm him, does think so.
Just because the series doesn't take into account how a power output affects everything he interacts with, doesn't mean he isn't that strong. This is simply how fiction works. Pretty much every anime, marvel or dc movie, book, action game and more does that.
That's why it's outlier.

Godzilla doesn't have anything level 7 physical strength if you forget about scaling.

You noticed? You had to go through two scaling cycles (Beam to Durability, Impact Power to Durability) to even justify Godzilla's level 6 physically.

But I can throw out thousands of moments from the film where a serious Godzilla, at best, does not completely destroy buildings, literally using them as weapons against Mecha Godzilla, for example, by sticking him into them. Yes, Godzilla was tired at that moment, but OBVIOUSLY not thousands, not a million, not a hundred, not ten, and probably not even five times.

Godzilla, narratively, will never be able to destroy a city with a blow of his tail, in one blow. Just like other monsters. They canonically take a long time to destroy a city, because their physical AP is usually comparable to their size.

In the case of other cases from other universes - in these worlds, as a rule, there are direct feats of PHYSICAL STRENGTH on such a scale. If Godzilla killed a creature that with a direct blow would instantly destroy something huge, like a mountain, an island, or something like that, and Godzilla would never personally show this, then I would have no questions, since narratively at least some titan is capable of so physical.

But we don’t have a single such monster. They all need either energy attacks to destroy huge parts of the city (not all of them, by the way), or they need to walk for a long time and ram buildings with their bodies, because their attack AP is comparable to their size.

I know that there are characters on this wiki who have been demoted to lower Tiers due to the fact that their feats were not visually direct and were scaling, and their physical strength themselves never showed anything close to that scale.

So, I'm not just nitpicking plot conventions, I'm actually using perfectly reasonable reasons to believe that Godzilla's physical strength doesn't scale to his durability. Even if he harms those who harm him. It just doesn't fit in scale.

That's why it's outlier.
Hell no
Godzilla doesn't have anything level 7 physical strength if you forget about scaling.
Doesn't mean he doesn't scale to the beam, considering he constantly hurts characters who can withstand it. It is a consistent thing throughout not only MV movies but Godzilla movies in general.
You noticed? You had to go through two scaling cycles (Beam to Durability, Impact Power to Durability) to even justify Godzilla's level 6 physically.
Sure, and it is consistent.
But I can throw out thousands of moments from the film where a serious Godzilla, at best, does not completely destroy buildings, literally using them as weapons against Mecha Godzilla, for example, by sticking him into them. Yes, Godzilla was tired at that moment, but OBVIOUSLY not thousands, not a million, not a hundred, not ten, and probably not even five times.
Sure, doesn't mean it isn't just plot induced scaling stupidity. What matters in scaling aren't minor events, it is major parts of the plot. And what is considered consistent with the plot? Godzilla tanking castle bravo and the underwater nuke.
Arguing that the building feats are the consistent ones is arguing that godzilla is physically 8-A at most which is inconsistent with the important parts of the plot.
Godzilla, narratively, will never be able to destroy a city with a blow of his tail, in one blow. Just like other monsters. They canonically take a long time to destroy a city, because their physical AP is usually comparable to their size.
And Goku will never destroy the universe with a punch, and Mario won't destroy an island with a jump, and Raiden isn't gonna cut a city in one hit ect. It is simply how fiction works.
AP ≠ Destructive capacity. This is an idea that has been a part of powerscaling for ages.
In the case of other cases from other universes - in these worlds, as a rule, there are direct feats of PHYSICAL STRENGTH on such a scale. If Godzilla killed a creature that with a direct blow would instantly destroy something huge, like a mountain, an island, or something like that, and Godzilla would never personally show this, then I would have no questions, since narratively at least some titan is capable of so physical.
Muto Prime is stated to shift fault-lines with its physical blows and Godzilla beat it. There's a physical feat for you.
But we don’t have a single such monster. They all need either energy attacks to destroy huge parts of the city (not all of them, by the way), or they need to walk for a long time and ram buildings with their bodies, because their attack AP is comparable to their size.
We do as I said. And yet again, DC ≠ AP.
I know that there are characters on this wiki who have been demoted to lower Tiers due to the fact that their feats were not visually direct and were scaling, and their physical strength themselves never showed anything close to that scale.
That is because their feats were singular and inconsistent. If a character consistently shows certain levels of power with insignificant outliers scattered throughout, they will still scale.
So, I'm not just nitpicking plot conventions, I'm actually using perfectly reasonable reasons to believe that Godzilla's physical strength doesn't scale to his durability. Even if he harms those who harm him. It just doesn't fit in scale.
You are in fact nitpicking plot conventions because you're ignoring what major plot points show in favor of PIS.

That's why it's outlier.

if someone uses a plastic bottle to hit ur head im sure it will hurt even though the plastic bottle is not even that durable your argument is terrible and we are talking about a fictional movie about giant monsters

bro literally matches goji and tanks his attacks. this is just cope
He was ragdolled tho, and physically overpowered (suplex gg) and had his ass saved by Goji's wife putting some sense into him. He is somewhat comparable, but inferior still. Same thing happened in GvK, where he got his ass beat the second Goji got serious

the whole point is that none of these possibilities have considerable evidence backing them up, therefore we have no reason to affirm any of them, if there is the claim that godzilla was knocked out, it needs evidence, if there is the claim that godzilla was faking it, that also needs evidence, all he did was demonstrate that there are multiple possibilities here, not say that any of these possibilities are actually the case. he doesn't have a burden to prove anything here

No Evidence = I disagree with the post.

And no, being knocked out for a while doesnt means that Godzilla was defeated, this is not MMA or stuff like that

btw you're prolly sad that Ghidorah is absolutely mogged by Kong right now :ROFLMAO:
"no evidence = I disagree with the post" Why do I have an obligation to prove something here, you are the one who claims that Godzilla was knocked out, in this case you need to provide evidence because being knocked out means becoming unconscious, but in the movie you can see Godzilla moving and his eyes are open. Someone who has become unconscious cannot do these, in the novel it is said that Godzilla is lying motionless, it is not said that he was knocked out, so he may have faked or was stunned because there is not enough context that he was knocked out, if you claimed that he was knocked out, you have to prove. stop shifting the burden of proof.

Also the whole point is that none of these possibilities have considerable evidence backing them up, therefore we have no reason to affirm any of them, if there is the claim that godzilla was knocked out, it needs evidence, if there is the claim that godzilla was faking it, that also needs evidence, all i did was demonstrate that there are multiple possibilities here, not say that any of these possibilities are actually the case.

"no evidence = I disagree with the post" Why do I have an obligation to prove something here, you are the one who claims that Godzilla was knocked out, in this case you need to provide evidence because being knocked out means becoming unconscious, but in the movie you can see Godzilla moving and his eyes are open. Someone who has become unconscious cannot do these, in the novel it is said that Godzilla is lying motionless, it is not said that he was knocked out, so he may have faked or was stunned because there is not enough context that he was knocked out, if you claimed that he was knocked out, you have to prove. stop shifting the burden of proof.

Also the whole point is that none of these possibilities have considerable evidence backing them up, therefore we have no reason to affirm any of them, if there is the claim that godzilla was knocked out, it needs evidence, if there is the claim that godzilla was faking it, that also needs evidence, all i did was demonstrate that there are multiple possibilities here, not say that any of these possibilities are actually the case.
Burden of Proof fallacy, you're the one who made the thread, you're the one who has the Burden of Proof. Don't try and shift it againl yeah?

Back